It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Text of Gore's "Dangerous Breach" speech at Constitution Hall

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:35 PM
link   
I caught the majority of the speech tonight on c-span.

I have to say, Gore is an impressive speaker.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   
You view the speech Here

and

The news channels decided to show "breaking news" of an overturned fuel tanker on a NY highway.

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Nerdling]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
The news channels decided to show "breaking news" of an overturned fuel tanker on a NY highway.

Not surprising. Airing Gore's speech wouldn't be particularly beneficial for the corporations that own major media.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I just listened to the highlights that Nerdling put up and Man! He is impressive! No droning there...

Stirring.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Ah.... Gore... still trying to be relevent. Had he made this speech during the time he was in office it would have been more interesting.

Unfortunately, for all the hyperbole, he''s not taken the time to read Title 50 US Code; Chapter 36, subchapter 1, section 1802, which makes almost the entire speech a waste of time and breath.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by bsbray11

Not surprising. Airing Gore's speech wouldn't be particularly beneficial for the corporations that own major media.

REPLY: ...... and showing the fuel tanker did?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:01 AM
link   

Just a quick point...

Gore wrote this speech himself.

How do we know this?
And, does this mean he is responbilbe for all of the content and most of the fine-tuning?
I'd not thought he was much of a speech writer---hidden talent or too much time on his hands?

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1

Originally posted by bsbray11

REPLY: ...... and showing the fuel tanker did?

lol, touché

You know, they show all kinds of pointless crap, mostly disasters and deaths and terrorist threats and etc., which has a psychological effect if you watch enough of it, but it seems to me that the real harm they do is in what they don't report anyway.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:25 AM
link   
Here's a PODcast of the entire speech.

PODcast

Click on this blue text:

9.7 MB: Podcast of Al Gore’s Speech

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
I've got two words, "lock box". Haha, sorry I couldnt resist. I saw clips of the speech, and the man seemed like he was on crack compared to how he was during the Clinton Administration. I've never seen him fired up at all, kinda shocking. What Gore was saying is hypocritical, but whatever, hes doing what politicians do best. Taking advantage of the apathy and ignorance of most of the populace, as someone mentioned earlier.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:01 PM
link   
Mr. Irrelevant speaks again. Rather a better speech than I thought him capable of
. Having said that I found it to be a tad on the hypocritical side, but thats what politicians of any sort do. Do as I say, not as I do.

The president of the United States takes an oath of office that obligates him to protect and defend both the constitution of the United States, and the physical body that is the United States and the citizens living here. To do so the constitutions grants him enourmous, and for the most part unstated, power; particularly during a time of war. Does anyone dispute the fact that we are at war?

The problem as I see it is thus: What are the limits of presidential power during a time of national crisis. Is he allowed to do what he feels is nessacary to protect the nation and its people, or is he obligated to bow to constitutional authority. However, this same document gives him enourmous unstated power to do what is nessecary. Someone once said and correctly I might add, "the constitution is not a suicide pact". A president must be allowed to do what he feels is nessecary to protect the nation.

Freedom without security doesn't exist. Security without freedom is slavery. That is a razors edge that a president has to tread. In Americas history most have tread that edge succussfully, we have to trust that this one, and the ones to follow will too.

Just my thoughts on the subject.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
President Clinton and Al Gore used the NSA to spy on potentionally millions of American Citizens during the 90s. Some of the eavesdropping was done to collect political information that was traded for favors. Did anyone care back then?

Originally posted by WestPoint23
My reply to Gore’s speech is, *Yawn*

Seriously, he does bring up some good points but too bad most of them aren't currently happening, at least not in the way Mr. Gore would like you to believe. But as others have said it would have been better if the pot wasn’t calling the kettle black.

Any chance ewither of you could back up your comments with sources, proof, etc etc etc . NO? I thought so.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Someone once said and correctly I might add, "the constitution is not a suicide pact". A president must be allowed to do what he feels is nessecary to protect the nation.

Case and point, President Lincoln, I might add that the President takes an oath to “…preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.” Now, I might also add that the President can protect the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by WestPoint23]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
Ah.... Gore... still trying to be relevent. Had he made this speech during the time he was in office it would have been more interesting.

Unfortunately, for all the hyperbole, he''s not taken the time to read Title 50 US Code; Chapter 36, subchapter 1, section 1802, which makes almost the entire speech a waste of time and breath.

You need to go back and read Section 1802. It expressly details that it is AGAINST THE LAW to eavesdrop on U. S. citizens (1802.(a).(1).(B).

Also, did the Attorney General certify the need IN WRITING and UNDER OATH? If he did, I sure didn't hear about it.

Was compliance reported to the House Permanent Select Committee on Intelligence and the Senate Select Committee on Intelligence? If so, and a violation of law has occurred (again..1802.(a).(1).(B)) then the President, the Attorney General and all participating members of the committes are IN VIOLATION OF THE LAW.

Was the certification transmitted under seal to a court as stipulated in 1802.(a).(3)?

Its not enough to quote it.....you need to understand it too.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Any chance ewither of you could back up your comments with sources, proof, etc etc etc . NO? I thought so.

These are just some of the links, you can find the rest under Google, just type in Clinton, and Project ECHELON. Some of these links also highlight the media hypocrisy concerning this issue.

Project Echelon

Project Echelon

Project Echelon

NSA Spying

Clinton’s Programs

Executive Order 12949

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
the President takes an oath to “…preserve, protect, and defend the Constitution of the United States.” Now, I might also add that the President can protect the Constitution from enemies both foreign and domestic.

cough.

Illegal wiretapping is unconstitutional.

It's in that little bill of rights thing... you know the one that allows you to have guns.

If the 4th Amendment is expendable... do you really think the 2nd amendment is in "lock box" ?

and to answer DTOM...

Gore has a history of writing his own speeches, it was reported in the post-speech analysis that he had written it. From the prose it's clearly "home written" and unpolished. Kind of like a preachers speech.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Illegal wiretapping is unconstitutional. It's in that little bill of rights thing....

REPLY: Times of war initiates different laws. There's links in different threads (about wiretapping) that give the US Code allowing wiretaps without a court order.... do the research.

I read and listened to the entire speech (as painful as it was).

All that from the guy who, in 1996, wanted a code built into every computer so that the feds could check out your computer at their every whim?.... and who agreed with both Carnivore and the Eschelon program?

Please..... The guy's a barking moonbat and shouldn't be allowed 100 yards from a college campus.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Illegal wiretapping is unconstitutional.

Now lets look a this sentence, “Illegal wiretapping is unconstitutional,” you don't say. The question really is how can you be sure it’s illegal in the first place without having all the facts surrounding it?

If the 4th Amendment is expendable... do you really think the 2nd amendment is in "lock box" ?

The second amendment was restricted in 1994, the law restricting it was signed into law by non-other then Clinton. Now, since you bring up the fourth amendment, I suggest you click on link about Executive Order 12949.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
What war?

Congress didn't declare a war.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gools
Once again some people want to shoot the messenger and Feed The White Elephant while ignoring the substance of the message. :shk:

Originally posted by Shawnna
I suggest you forget about who the author is and look at the content and message. Perhaps that way you can avoid responding from a "pot calling the kettle" or other ideological perspective.

I think everyone gets the message.
Wiretapping/spying on your own citizens = bad.......but only when Bush and the Repubs are in office.
If Gore had the same rhetoric when the Clinton admin was in office (and if he didn't use the MLK holiday to bash the Bush admin) then this speech would have a lot more credibility.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join