It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICS: Rice Offers No Apology for Airstrike

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
malcr how is targetting our enemy arrogant? pakistan leaves us no choice when it forbids ground forces from crossing their border to chase down the enemy, we are mostly struggling by their border because pakistan forbids our troops, letting enemy fighters to regroup and have a safe haven among the local population, they did the same thing with russia and it was a major reason for their defeat.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 10:11 AM
link   
Targeting a known enemy is not arrogant by any means.

The problem with Pakistan is that the leader of that country walks a thin line between loyalty to the US and his responsibility to the Muslin people that he is to rule.

Pakistani people is not friend of the US they never has been and they never will.

Pakistani government have an alliance with the US and has committed Itself to the fight on terror.

But that doesn't mean that his muslin people is in favor of that and against terror groups.

He puts himself in a precarious situation every time that US does anything in his country even the borders.

Because he has to answer to the angry mob that his people become every time they heard that US is in their lands or that people has become casualties.

Even if the lands are lawless lands.

That is the point.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by nukunuku
and the next thing you know becky, flyers fan and their CIA friends will wipe out an entire village of people somewhere in Kashmir just becouse there are supposedly two enemies hidden somewhere in the village.

4 or 5 foreign fighters and 18 civilians is the number on CNN.com, thats a really good ratio you guys, you should be proud, you just made more "friends" over there and basically made your families legitemate targets for your enemies. Hell if you can do it, they can do it too.

Yes, your family is harbouring terrorists as well, you two brainless wonders namely, its just too bad your enemies live in caves and have no airplanes to bomb the hell out of you (which is a bummer IMHO becouse you really need to taste your medicine) and your neighbours, who are guilty becouse they feed your dog when you are not at home.

seriously, why dont you two go chase Osama or something

As much as I'd love to respond in the same manner, I think I'll pass. Let's see who's watching this thread.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well put, marg. Most people don't realize the true nature of the relationship between Pakistan and the US. Musharraf has a public face and a private face, as you have pointed out.

You have voted marg6043 for the Way Above Top Secret award. You have one more vote left for this month.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:26 PM
link   
".... And what about this faulty intel? Even our Senators think it was solid. Who supplied the intel?"

REPLY: It wasn't faulty info... he just didn't show up. I believe it was CIA intelligence, but locals said he was supposed to be there.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:36 PM
link   
"....And exactly what does this prove? How many Senators believe that Saddam had ties with Al-Queda and was responsible for 9/11, and more importantly, had access to Nuclear Arms?"

REPLY: Geez.... do the research...... Again I have to do it?

".... We know from these IIS documents that beginning in 1992 the former Iraqi regime regarded bin Laden as an Iraqi Intelligence asset. We know from IIS documents that the former Iraqi regime provided safe haven and financial support to an Iraqi who has admitted to mixing the chemicals for the 1993 attack on the World Trade Center. We know from IIS documents that Saddam Hussein agreed to Osama bin Laden's request to broadcast anti-Saudi propaganda on Iraqi state-run television. We know from IIS documents that a "trusted confidante" of bin Laden stayed for more than two weeks at a posh Baghdad hotel as the guest of the Iraqi Intelligence Service."

Excerpt from: "Mother of all Connections" The Weekly Standard July 18, 2005 Stephen F. Hayes & Thomas Joscelyn

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 04:50 PM
link   
"..... Tell me, how many Paki tribesmen in the border mountains do you think have the education to know

a) What the USA is.

b) The US' foreign policy in the Middle East since 1945.

c) Where the USA is.

d) What the US' definition of a terrorist is.

e) Why the US considers their (tribesmen's) cousins to be terrorists.

f) Who Osama Bin Laden really is.

g) How to speak English and therefore understand CNN or Fox.

h) Why their Imam may not be all that trustworthy when he preaches that some of the brothers did the work of Allah in smiting the Great Satan.

REPLY: You ask questions that no-one can answer.

As for "... not capturing planners of 9-11"... do the research!!!

"... Abu Zubaydah, the last senior al-Qaeda figure to be apprehended, was picked up in Pakistan. News of the arrest of bin al-Shibh, a 30-year-old Yemeni who authorities allege provided money and logistical support to the 11 September hijackers, was leaked from Washington late on Friday and confirmed yesterday by Moinuddin Haider, Pakistan's Interior Minister."

observer.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Targeting a known enemy is not arrogant by any means.

I agree BUT acting like we can do whatever we like, the locals be damned is. I am not in the least bit surprised Ms. Rice has offered no apology (which would be the honorable thing to do if we actually respected other countries, which we obviously do not) that woman has a dark soul, remember during the lead up to Georges splendid little war? Every photo of her had her in the background with a dark black scowl on her face. Something is going on there and I do not trust her one bit.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:03 PM
link   
The problem is that US has never apologized for the mistakes it has done.

It will never apologized for what happen in Pakistan.

This will bring more tensions to the Pakistan and its people against the US.

And they have nuclear power.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Apologizing for killing the terrorists? Sorry, even I wouldnt apologize for that. Maybe the villagers should apologize for inviting the terrorists for dinner.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:13 PM
link   

I guess that can be true... but up untill today noone knows for sure if there were weapons of mass distruction in Iraq or not... there is plenty of peopl that say they were moved to Syria... ?

As to the Pakistan attack ... they are now saying ate least 5 main man from
Al-Q were killed... and as usual with some innocent among them... true..

But this "Usa never appologizes for their mistakes " isnt exactly new...

here are some very good examples of No-appologies during the Clinton adminstration...i still remember how he decide to bomb a farmaceutical factory to take away the atention from the "Monica Deal", as he accuse them of beeing developing "nuclear power"

Kosovo

other example of Middle -East blunders with Clinton and his no-appology system as well. Khobar

Now I'm not saying this should happen... but it does, and its not new... and at least G.W.Bush HAS been taking care of REAL terrorists...wheter people like it or not...

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:21 PM
link   
The administration is after anything that can justify his intervention and invasion in the middle east.

Even the death of one is enough to justify the death of many.

As long as one "Terrorist is killed" one thousand casualties is justify.

Iraq is a good example of it.

No apologies for invading a nation killing civilians because it happens to have a rotten leader.

Since when the people in that nation are all guilty of supporting Saddam.

No apologies, no conscience.

The Pakistani people should be grateful of having their own killed after all it was terrorist and the Innocent is guilty of having them for dinner.

No apologies no conscience.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 03:30 PM
link   

The Pakistani people should be grateful of having their own killed after all it was terrorist and the Innocent is guilty of having them for dinner.

No apologies no conscience.

I understand what you are saying... but i guess that goes as well to those who during the airplane hijacks, and the 9/11 ect ect ect... honestly this messing as been cooking for at least 40 years, and i really dont think there is a good way out of it ... to think that an appology would make a difference...its a nice tought.. but not realistic.. you really think if Reagan, Bush Sr., Clinton and G.W. would all come out and appologise for whatever their mistakes were, we wouldnt be where we are ?

It may seems pessimistic of me... but its behond "fixing"

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by jsobecky
And they don't need to know any of that, either. All they need to know is that wherever their terrorist brothers and cousins go, a missile is sure to follow.

They can then decide for themselves whether they want to be on the receiving end of that missile.

You...(personal edit)...without knowing any of that how the hell are they supposed to know that their brother or cousin is a terrorist and the the US will launch an attack on their homes as a result?

These are Muslims, one of the tenets of their faith and culture is hospitality. They are not allowed to turn family away.

They might be ignorant of the US' world view, but the US is just ignorant.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by BaastetNoir

but up untill today noone knows for sure if there were weapons of mass distruction in Iraq or not... there is plenty of peopl that say they were moved to Syria... ?

Think about this...The northern and southern parts of Iraq were no fly zones and heavily patroled, indeed the entire country was under serious scrutiny in the lead up to georges wet dream of a war...the whole country was being watched like a hawk...do you really think that Iraq could have smuggled the amount of weapons it was claimed that they had out of their country without being noticed??? Besides that simple fact, if YOU were being threatened by a deranged cowboy who wanted to have a wargasm, would you give away any of your weapons, legal or not??? Didn't think so. I wouldn't either.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by zappafan1
"..... Tell me, how many Paki tribesmen in the border mountains do you think have the education to know

a) What the USA is...

REPLY: You ask questions that no-one can answer.

You mean questions you can't be bothered answering.

And that's why the world hates the US.

Hey, I know how to motivate Muslims, I'll throw the Koran in the toilet, that won't cause a backlash, will it?

You are demonstrating your ignorance once again. If you want to win the War on Terror(tm) you'd better start trying to answer these questions.

All I'm doing is taking the ignorance of world affairs I saw in Cambodia and transposing it to Pakistan. Now, half of my uni students in Cambodia couldn't answer simple questions about world affairs and they were uni students. How is a semi-traditional tribesman in Pakistan going to be able to analyse world politics?

All he knows is the US killed his brother and his kids in the middle of the night.

And that is all he knows and all he cares about.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HowlrunnerIV

a) What the USA is...
You mean questions you can't be bothered answering.

And that's why the world hates the US.

Hey, I know how to motivate Muslims, I'll throw the Koran in the toilet, that won't cause a backlash, will it?

Don't do that, because that's the only source of "knowledge" many of them have.

And be sure your source is solid before you spread false stories as fact:

Newsweek: Koran Toilet Story Wrong
By James Joyner
Newsweek now confesses that its report that American soldiers in Guantanimo had flushed a Koran down a toilet as a means of gaining information from hostages--blamed by many for inciting violence that has killed at least nine people--was erroneous.

Mark Whitaker, The Editor's Desk
Koran

You are demonstrating your ignorance once again. If you want to win the War on Terror(tm) you'd better start trying to answer these questions.

All I'm doing is taking the ignorance of world affairs I saw in Cambodia and transposing it to Pakistan.

Why is it necessary for them to analyze world politics to understand elemental truths? They get all their formal knowledge from their clerics and the Quran; that's the most any of them will ever get. As with everyone else, they also get an education from the street.

If you think that they are totally unaware of the situation, you are mistaken. Otherwise, maybe you can explain why the clerics removed some of the bodies and spirited them away in such haste.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   

You...(personal edit)...without knowing any of that how the hell are they supposed to know that their brother or cousin is a terrorist and the the US will launch an attack on their homes as a result?

Maybe by watching CNN or Al Jazeera? Maybe by asking a question when they are recruited by al Qaeda? A dozen different ways.

It would be much more difficult to hide the fact that their brother or cousin is not at war with somebody...

These are Muslims, one of the tenets of their faith and culture is hospitality. They are not allowed to turn family away.

They might be ignorant of the US' world view, but the US is just ignorant.

Bull. Don't bring that 'culture' defense into it. They twist and bend their cultural tenets to satisfy their murder of innocents. A culture of convenience, when it suits them.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   
jsobecky:

Tell me, how many Paki tribesmen in the border mountains do you think have the education to know

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 06:26 PM
link   

jsobecky:

Tell me, how many Paki tribesmen in the border mountains do you think have the education to know

They first would need to have a radio, television, electricity, ... which alot of these people don't have and honnestly don't care to have either.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8 >>

join