It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

More Lies about Iran

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
The lies has always been used to keep the population opinion in favor of the actions of our government.

But I am waiting to see what the US is going to do now that Iran has Dared to tell the mighty US that will cut the oil supplies.

If the US sanction them.

This has nothing to do with the current situation other than connecting dots that arent there. Are we still forgetting it was the IAEA, NOT the US making these claims. The IAEA is not connected to GWB in anyway other than the diplomats and Americans who work in the organization. We dont buy oil from Iran. We do deal with Saudi Arabia, Kuwait, and Iraq. But not Iran. So Iran threatening to cut supplies would do what exactly?

US oil Imports
DOE list of US oil imports

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
You are missing the whole point, If Iran cuts oil supplies to the countries that he export too.

Other countries will have to supply the demand, meaning that either they have to produce more oil or cut oil supplies to other countries or increased the prices of oil.

US will be affected anyway when it come to the prices at the pump.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   

If Iran cuts oil supplies to the countries that he export too.

Which they won't do unless they want to severely cripple their own economy, besides, what more important to you Marge, paying a few more pennies at the pump or stopping Nuclear Proliferation?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
besides, what more important to you Marge, paying a few more pennies at the pump or stopping Nuclear Proliferation?

Well taking in consideration that I had been gouged before for not reason I will not be surprised that this will bring a new good excused for more gouging and will have nothing to do with [Nuclear Proliferation].

Taking in consideration that already less desirable countries has [Nuclear power] what will it do one more.

What you think?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
If sanctions go through and Iran stops exportation of its oil driving the price upwards of $100bbl.

Who do you suppose would blink first?

The US and EU countries suffering economic shock of higher energy costs

or

The Iranian economic shock suffered by losing almost all export income and shortages of imported goods.

IMO if the sanctions were complete in their scope and adhered to - the Iranians would have a hard time sustaining their position.

On topic, Its silly to claim Iran does not have the nuclear tech when they themselves admit to 18 years of clandestine effort besides the fact that much of a civilian program has dual use.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   

The fuel that is produced from these uranium enrichment reactors DOES NOT PRODUCE WEAPONS-GRADE MATERIAL. That requires thousands of centrifuges which Iran does not have.

This little bit from the original article may be the most important newsbreaker this year.

PLEASE confirm it, and spread the word.

Could it be true that its not possible to create weapons grade material with the equipment Iran has?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

If sanctions go through and Iran stops exportation of its oil driving the price upwards of $100bbl.

First off that is so hyped up, oil at 100BBL because Iran stops exports?

The main reason oil will go up in the short term is because of the fear factor that people have whenever anything “bad” concerning oil is discussed.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   
iran aint fussed cause there main oil customer is china.

i know i might be way of the mark,but if i was to take on iran.

i would take in to account that china has a vested intrest in iran.

now would china stand by, let me fluff up there oil supply?

[edit on 16-1-2006 by harvey wallbanger]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:26 PM
link   
That is a big problem Iran main consumer is china I believe but what happen if demand for oil is cut to china.

Who is going to supply China with oil, like I said eventually we all going to pay for it at the pump.

While the American oil companies will salivate with the profits that they will make on the scare.

We already know that they will care less about us the American consumer when it comes to dirty tactics to make profits.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:39 PM
link   
there was a un meeting today or should i say yesterday.

to talk about sanctions and actions that could be done.

china has expressed that no action should be taken.

sorry about my spelling & grammer!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Iran produces 3.9 MB/D and China uses 5.6 MB/D and produces 3.3 of that.
Now, the burden of oil supply that Iran would be placing on all the worlds leading exporters of oil would not be significant enough to cause the price of oil to explode. Like I said before, the main reason oil will go up in the short term is because of the fear factor involved with oil, and not because other exporters can’t compensate. Also, even if Iran goes though on its threat it can only sustain it for a very short period of time or else it will go broke, their main source of revenue is oil exports.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by enslaved83
I think Iran has the right to develop Nuclear technology but I don't believe it should be allowed to develop a weapon. This crisis could be resolved easily if the West agreed to help Iran in the areas of peacefull Nuclear research. It would clear the waters and show the Iranians true intentions.

You mean like how good that train of thought worked with North Korea?
So what if Iran continues to develop it's "Peaceful Nuclear technology" Program and does it without any outside "interference". They have seen what can be achieved by stalling and delaying tactics in North Korea. Their nuclear ambitions include intentionally hidden plants from the IAEA, plans for a nuclear missile warhead technology and intercontinental range missile systems. They have said no to a proposal to have Moscow do the enrichment of fuel for their reactors, what makes you think they want any help? Just by the world hemming and hawing, they are achieving their goal.

It is pretty evident by their past actions of concealment, that at best, Iran is up to no good and need to prove to the whole world that their nuclear intentions are entirely peaceful. That means their nuclear program must be transparent and verified by unfettered detailed inspections by world bodies.

Originally posted by enslaved83
As usual our usless media isn't reporting the story in any great detail but notice how they are repeating the comments made by the Iranian president on Israel over and over again. Seems like they are trying to hammer home the view that he is a radical madman over and over again.

It seems like the mullahs in Iran are even a little put off by some of the statements made by the Iranian President. That alone should send shivers down your back, when even they can't condone some of the things he has said.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
[Taking in consideration that already less desirable countries has [Nuclear power] what will it do one more.

What you think?

Even though you have said [Nuclear Power] what that really means in the context of this discussion is [Nuclear Weapons].

Quiz time,

So if 50 countries around the globe have nuclear weapons it will be :

A: More likely that a nation will use them.

B: Less likely that a nation will use them.

Do you honestly think that it is in world's best interest to have more nuclear armed nations? Especially when they have signed on to the NPT.

It's bad enough that India and Pakistan have come close a couple of times.
The more nations that have Nuclear arms, the more likely they will be used again.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

It is pretty evident by their past actions of concealment, that at best, Iran is up to no good and need to prove to the whole world that their nuclear intentions are entirely peaceful. That means their nuclear program must be transparent and verified by unfettered detailed inspections by world bodies.

Iran has agreed to all normal inspections, and even a more demanding inspections regime of their own free will.

America is attempting to throw its weight around and deny Iran the right to enrich fuel that comes to all NPT Signatories.

They ask nothing more than what they were promised, and agreed to invasive inspections.

What else can they do?

As pointed out in the original article the shut down of the facilities was Irans choice, and was not binding.

As also was pointed out the equipment is not even capable of producing weapons grade Uranium.

So whats your worry?

df1

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by WestPoint23
the main reason oil will go up in the short term is because of the fear factor involved with oil...

The only fear involved is that the "oil cartel" is afraid of losing money in the short term, so it is more of a "greed factor" than a "fear factor". However the coming overthrow of the Iranian government shows the long term financial outlook for the cartel to be favorable.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by ArchAngel

The fuel that is produced from these uranium enrichment reactors DOES NOT PRODUCE WEAPONS-GRADE MATERIAL. That requires thousands of centrifuges which Iran does not have.

This little bit from the original article may be the most important newsbreaker this year.

PLEASE confirm it, and spread the word.

Could it be true that its not possible to create weapons grade material with the equipment Iran has?

Sorry to burst that bubble...... Iran has the technology, equipment, and know how to create weapons grand nuclear material. I don't think that 50,000 centrifuges are for peaceful purposes alone. While they might not have them all operational at present, if they have plans for that many, rest assured that they have procurred the necessary parts for all of them.

External source www.signonsandiego.com...

The operations at Natanz were kept secret from the atomic energy agency and were not confirmed by its inspectors until February 2003. The inspectors found preparations for the construction of more than 50,000 centrifuges – tall, thin machines that spin at supersonic speed to enrich uranium so it can be used in nuclear reactors.

When uranium is enriched to a very high degree, it can be used in a nuclear weapon. The fast-spinning centrifuges could make fuel for up to 20 nuclear weapons a year, according to the Carnegie Endowment for International Peace.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
For the love of Christ! Where do they find these nut jobs? Do they take a look around and pick the most unstable person to run their country?
God I hate religion, it’s supposed to bring peace and understanding and hope.. All it seems to bring is hate and fear and doubt.
Why are we held ransom to the whims of these fanatics who twist and turn everything to fit their narrow and hateful view of the World?
I have two children, I want them to grow up in World where they are free to go where ever their hearts take them, restricted only by their own imagination and their own will to succeed. Instead we give them a world where fear and hate cast a shadow over everything good.....everything beautiful.
Is this our future then? Is this what we will leave our children? A world ruled by fear and distrust? Is this truly all we have to offer them?
It has to stop or our dreams for our children will just be false hopes and empty promises.

Sorry for the rant.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   

The inspectors found preparations for the construction of more than 50,000 centrifuges

Did you even read what you posted???

Sorry to burst your bubble, but preparations, no matter how well laid, are not able to produce a single gram of enriched uranium.

Centrifuges however are able to do this.

Iran does not possess the mass of centrifuges required.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:55 PM
link   
This little tidbit might clarify ambiguity in the discussion. The Bulletin of Atomic Scientists explains how a so-called low enrichment plant can be used to produce highly enriched nuclear material.

Although the pilot plant is relatively small, if finished, it could produce about 10 kilograms of weapon-grade uranium a year, depending on the "tails assay" (the fraction of uranium 235 lost to waste) and the manner in which the centrifuges are organized into cascades. Because centrifuges are flexible, even if the cascades are arranged to produce only low-enriched uranium, weapon-grade uranium can be produced by "batch recycling"--sending the end product back into the feed point of the cascade over again until the desired level of enrichment is reached.

We project that the production plant could eventually have a capacity of at least 150,000 swu per year--enough capacity to provide annual reloads of the nearly completed power reactor at Bushehr, but far short of the enriched uranium it would need to provide fuel for all the civilian power plants Iran plans to build over the next 20 years.

Alternatively, the same capacity could be used to produce roughly 500 kilograms of weapon-grade uranium annually. At 15-20 kilograms per weapon, that would be enough for 25-30 nuclear weapons per year.

Natanz could be operated to make low-enriched uranium fuel until Iran decided it wanted to make weapon-grade material. It wouldn't take long to enrich the low-enriched material to weapon grade. For example, if Natanz was operating at full capacity and recycled the end product--low-enriched uranium (5 percent uranium 235)--back into the feed point, the facility could produce enough weapon-grade uranium for a single weapon within days.

Atomic Scientist

So the low enrichment plant argument is not applicable.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:11 PM
link   

lthough the pilot plant is relatively small, if finished, it could produce about

Seems people here have reading difficulties.

The plant is not finished.

IF the plant were finished they could produced weapons grade uranium.

But there are only a few centrifuges of the older P-1 design.

Furnishing the facility with P-2 Centrifuges would enable Iran to produce nuclear weapons, but so would aliens dropping loads of enriched Uranium from the sky.

Which is more likely I leave to you, but please understand that both are supposition.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join