It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

China - children in war?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:45 AM
link   
I heard a conspiracy thgeory yesterday that beggars belief! China has been building an army of children to fight wars for them! Has anyone else heard this?

The way I heard it was that the "street kids" had all been rounded up and used for "target practice" in the sticks by the miltary, but these kids became natural survivors and actually killed off many of the army personnel, and since have been recruited to fight.

Now its sounds damn weird to me, but having seen some VERY strange things in my life, I never like to discount anything until I have asked around a bit!

Ross

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:39 PM
link   
kids being rounded up and used for target practice??? thats messed up

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:34 PM
link   
I totally agree, however the conspiracy theory here, is that they learned to live "wild in the woodland" and successfully defended themselves against these TRAINED soldiers. The government realised that these "urban fighters" were of value then took them as "children of war" to be groomed for battle, which is also an unhealthy and somewhat frightening thought.

I'm not saying I necessarily believe it - but i'd certainly like to hear if anyone else has heard the rumour.

Ross

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:40 PM
link   
you only gotta look at all the kids fighting in africa, it is entirerly belivable.
apparently the armys prefer kids fighting as they dont have any idea of how dangerous it is, so fight better, and dont get scared

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:53 AM
link   
Yes, part of this rumour was exactly that. They said the kids had no concept of the danger or worry that affects normal adults in such encounters.

Its a worrying thought.

Ross

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:02 AM
link   
well nothing would surprise me what china are doing.
they eat cats and dogs

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Which idiot told u this stupid thing?

Originally posted by nomadrush
I heard a conspiracy thgeory yesterday that beggars belief! China has been building an army of children to fight wars for them! Has anyone else heard this?

The way I heard it was that the "street kids" had all been rounded up and used for "target practice" in the sticks by the miltary, but these kids became natural survivors and actually killed off many of the army personnel, and since have been recruited to fight.

Now its sounds damn weird to me, but having seen some VERY strange things in my life, I never like to discount anything until I have asked around a bit!

Ross

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:42 AM
link   
They also eat human beings.

Originally posted by voodoo child
well nothing would surprise me what china are doing.
they eat cats and dogs

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:58 AM
link   
"Which idiot told u this stupid thing? "

I happen to believe that there may be some truth to at least part of this one having herad more from the source today.

Ross

[edit on 17-1-2006 by nomadrush]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:19 PM
link   
who told u this stupid thing?

just know there's a movie in japan call 'the holocaust',kids are being send to an island by soldier and then they kill each other until the last one survive.nobody can get help,just rely on themself.bloody and horrible.crazy jap.

moreover, i just wonder any one here been to china before and know sth in chinese culture(including food and other stuff),so please shut ur mouth up.

of course, eating human is just a hoax.i think your guy is clever enough to see through and may mistake by placenta,a important material in chinese medicine.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Ross

your telling me little tikes won against trained soilders with rifles in their hands? i find it hard to picture a little boy win a fight even against a civilian with a handgun never mind a trained soilder show a link if you expect me to believe you.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:52 PM
link   
The Chinese have been put through a lot in the past century, and i have heard of instances of cannibalism following the "Great Leap Forward" resulting in massive famines. I'd be suprised to find out what the rural Chinese can't do or survive.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:15 PM
link   
Cannibalism is something you do when you have to. Humans taste like crap. Our fat has the consistency of creamed corn, and tastes even worse, if you can believe it.

As far as child soldiers, they're fearless and cheap. African militias are famous for employing children, abducted from their families at gun point and raped into submission.

The world is an ugly place, which is why sometimes you have to come to terms with your own ugliness just to survive.

All that being said, what's your source for this information? Some guy on the street? A chat room? A paper? What?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I cannot name my source at this time as I do not have his permission to do so, and wouldn't betray his trust, but he is usually a very reliable source, and someone I have known for some time.

The reason for the post here was to see if anyone else had heard about this, that would help us to build a firmer picture and see if the rumour has any foundation in fact.

I am going to be doing a conspiracies special on my radio show soon and I will be looking for guests for the show that can back up their claims with some evidence. I have already booked a TV documentary producer who believes he can PROVE we never went to the moon!

Ross

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 08:08 AM
link   

It doesn't just "beggar belief", it's utter BS. It's not a conspiricy theory but a rumour that you appear to be trying to start. I'm not sure what your motivation is, maybe just to have a bit of laugh starting a new internet based myth, though it does seem to be tinged with anti-Chinese racsim.

Originally posted by tiddly54
you only gotta look at all the kids fighting in africa, it is entirerly belivable.
apparently the armys prefer kids fighting as they dont have any idea of how dangerous it is, so fight better, and dont get scared

Have you ever seen any of the tragic footage of those kids fighting in Africa!?! Boys running around randomly shooting the air, trying to control their weapons and more often than not shooting people on their own side. 10 experienced marines could take on one of those rabble armies and beat them. Oh yeah, that's just the sort of 21st century army the Chinese will be trying to build up. Saying that a soldier shouldn't have a sense of danger is just silly. Soldiers need a finely tuned sense of danger and the ability to control their fear - this comes from training and experience. That's why children make terrible soldiers (aside from the lack of physical strength)

nomadrush - I think you have just made this up, and posting information you know to be false is clearly against ATS rules. If you have a source post it. Otherwise it's put up or shut up time.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:19 AM
link   
What?

Why on earth would I want to make something like this up?

I can assure you the information came to me from a usually good source. Check out my profile and see who I am befoire making such libelous remarks please.

Ross

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
It's not libel if it's true.

If you provide evidence at some point, and people are still saying you're lying, then you have every right to be offended and scream "Libel!"

But when you enter a public forum and make a wild claim about China training children into elite death squads, on the authority of a nameless 'trusted' source, libel doesn't enter into it.

I'm sure you can understand the natural skepticism on the part of some people, myself included. For the record, I don't consider the theory beyond the realm of possibility, but I am going to remain very, very skeptical about your claim as long as it exists in the absence of any proof.

Why on earth would I want to make something like this up?

Why do people post false information on ATS every day? Some of them must really believe the stories, some of them are trying to pursue an agenda of disinformation, and some of them just like causing a ruckus. Who knows why anyone does anything, really?

[edit on 19-1-2006 by WyrdeOne]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Skepticism is healthy but rudeness is intolerable.

I posted asking simply if anyone else had heard the rumour I didn't expect personal attacks and to be honest will not post here again if this is the kind of response one gets to asking a simple question.

Ross

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Skepticism is healthy but rudeness is intolerable.

While I agree that rudeness is distasteful, saying it's intolerable is nothing but an admission of one's own inability to put things in perspective. I haven't been too rude, have I? I assume you're mostly concerned with the other poster who told you about the T&C governing false information, and if that's the case, I will agree. He was a bit rude, but he did provide you with valuable information, so, make of that what you will.

The internet is not exactly civilized society, we have here none of the inherent decorum of academia. People become emboldened by their relative anonymity, and let loose with all sorts of distateful behavior normally kept in check. If you're going to 'exist' in communtities like this, you really owe it to yourself to grow some thicker skin, because differences in opinion are inevitable.

I posted asking simply if anyone else had heard the rumour I didn't expect personal attacks and to be honest will not post here again if this is the kind of response one gets to asking a simple question.

I don't think getting indignant will help. I would also remind you that, generally speaking, responses will be much, much more favorable when they're replying to something more than a couple lines of unsubstantiated, libelous hearsay. I'm really not trying to be confrontational, just trying to help you understand the reaction a little better.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   
Maybe I was a bit rude, however....

Most internet rumours are just a bit of fluff, can't really harm anyone, but some can be spread with an ulterior motive. This story seems to de-humanise the Chinese into savages who hunt children for target practice, it puts them in the worst possible light. I'm not saying you necessarily have such a motive in spreading this tale, but someone might have.

Do you think it's true? If so why? How could your "source" possibly know this? You are going to need some pretty good evidence to back it up.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join