It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Resource Wars.....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:15 AM
link   
are they here already or are we just seeing the peak of what is to come?

That is my question to you.

In recent media outlets its been the topic of every news broadcast, Ukrain, and Former Russia up in arms about the price of oil. With India and China making an explosion onto the market as one of the two fastest growing nations, which in return has made this resource become more and more in demand. (china has to make a city the size of Philidelphia every month and half to keep up with the explosion of their population.)
Now we have Iran in a situation that they are threating, if the EU Securtiy Council does this, to stop shipping oil out to the Western countries along with any Eastern countries as well.
A quto " The western countries need us more than we need them."
This being said, I think IMOP that these wars will be more and more frequint.
Resource wars will be the next generation of wars, if we don't get a handle on a new power source soon.

What do you guys think?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:55 AM
link   

originally posted by texmiller

Resource wars will be the next generation of wars, if we don't get a handle on a new power source soon.

What was WW-I?
What was WW-II?
What is this war on terrorism?
What is invasion of Iraq for?

We plan to invade Iran, why not Russia, China or India to do same here or elsewhere?

chaudri

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by chaudri

[
What was WW-I?
What was WW-II?
What is this war on terrorism?
What is invasion of Iraq for?

We plan to invade Iran, why not Russia, China or India to do same here or elsewhere?

chaudri

What was WWI cauOn June 28, 1914, Franz Ferdinand, Archduke of Austria and heir to the Austro-Hungarian throne, was assassinated in Sarajevo by Gavrilo Princip, a Bosnian Serb student. The Archduke was there to assert imperial authority over a disputed province. Princip was supported by pan-Serbian nationalists, with links to the Serbian military. Though this assassination is usually considered the immediate trigger for the war, its origins can be traced back to the complex web of alliances and counterbalances that developed between the various European powers after 1871.

Reasons and responsibilities
The reasons for the outbreak of World War I are a complicated issue; there are many factors which intertwine. Some examples are:

Fervent and uncompromising nationalism
Unresolved previous disputes
The intricate system of alliances
Convoluted and fragmented governance
Delays and misunderstandings in diplomatic communications
The arms races of the previous decades.
Rigidity in military planning

What was WWII cause: Clickhere

What is the War on Terrior?
Well that has to be the obvious reason. 9/11. But in attacking Afg. and Irq this has fuild more and more the terrior that we are so desperately trying to put out. In doing this we "US" have our sights on yet again Iran. This is uprising against the larger nations is just the beginning of something that mght be drastically horrific to everyone.

What is the Invasion of Iraq for? Your guess is as good as mine. One was to help the people become a Dem., but in reality it has become known as the war for oil or THE oil war. That is my take on it.

[mod edit - Trimmed copy-paste]

[edit on 16-1-2006 by dbates]

new topics

join