It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pandemic Check List for US Religious and Non Profit Organizations?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:19 AM
link   
When I read the following article I was thinking: that is is just another porkbelly project so someone who knows someone can syphon off more tax payer dollars, or they HHS knows something they are not telling us. While the Avian Flu is all over the news, the pandemic effect has seemingly affected more birds than humans. In fact the human death toll doesn't seem be that alarming. Every year some 36,000 Americans die from Flu, or flu related complications. As of Jan 11, the death toll in China from Avian Flu is 11. Doesnt sound very commuticable to me. HHS is US dept of Health and Human Services.

WASHINGTON, DC, United States (UPI) -- The U.S. government has provided a checklist to help religious and non-profit organizations plan for a pandemic or disaster.

'The collaboration of faith-based and community organizations with public health agencies will be important in protecting the public if and when a pandemic occurs,' said Health and Human Services Secretary Michael Leavitt.
HHS Gives Non-Profits Disaster Checklist

[edit on 16-1-2006 by cp43]

Mod Edit: Placed link and tags

[edit on 1/16/06 by FredT]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:56 PM
link   
Not realy sure what the issue is here (besides the lack of a link that is). Church groups, Boy Scouts, et al. represent great sources for disaster relief and its a smart more to help them be prepared.

This information is given out by the government to everybody if they want it. You only need to peruse the FEMA website.

join