It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the government trying to tell us something

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:14 AM
link   
Hello all, don’t know if this topic has been covered before, if it gets deleted so be it. I want to propose the idea that the government or governments plural and trying to subliminally communicate something to us. Have you ever noticed the general themes of computer games, movies, sci-fi series etc. There seems to be a recurrent plot, of man against aliens, nearly always fighting them. Personally I think that we are been gently introduced to the idea of an outside alien threat, and a trait is being instilled in the populace through gentle behind the scenes manipulation. The trait and quality they want is RESISTANCE. Just yesterday I was in a kiddies department store, shopping for my kids by the way, but I spotted a little jumper on the shelf with a picture of Earth and the slogan “Get off my planet”. Judging by the size of it it must have been for a five year old, but it got me thinking. This theme is recurrent everywhere. Grant it there are exceptions to the rule, but if you think about it, the government (both US and others) don’t usually make a solid effort to suppress unusual circumstances. Of course the threaten witnesses, manipulate evidence and even hide it, but all in all there efforts are not convincing. If the government really want to bury something they could do it. By often giving no comment and releasing some of these documents of suspicious projects, they are slowly but surely introducing us to the truth, in a way that is less shocking. I don’t know the figures nowadays but something like 40 percent of people genuinely believe in the existence of extra-terrestrials. Also if you think about it, if they were hostile, or even benignly so, what benefit would the government gain by coming straight out with it. If they are hostile and the government is resisting in secret, going public would not benefit, even though their funding might go up, their projects would be under extreme independent scrutiny, meaning less morale flexibility to get the job done at all costs. At the same time imagine if they did come out with it, imagine the public outcry at being faced with an enemy that could take anyone at any time out of their beds without the government having the ability or technology to stop it. Political and social anarchy would soon follow. For the sake of stability and control I believe they would keep such a thing under wraps, but not airtight so that the public might slowly realise what’s going on without as much of a shock.
Any and all comments welcome.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:53 PM
link   
I don't think so.

Why bother puting it on t-shirts for 5 year olds. There can be no gentle easing of the public into accepting alines. When/if they come is the day most people sit up and take note.

It is actualy incredibly hard to hide evedance forever. Laws governing the release of documents are there for a reason. Dure they have loop holes in them to keep the really secret stuff secret but i think they all come out in the end, even if the issues no longer matter.

If the time ever comes to tell joe blow that we have recieved comunications form another world then i believe the will just come out with it and be doen with it.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:31 PM
link   
The content of games, movies, etc. is not a subliminal construct by the govt. IMO.

However the content is determined by HUGE reasearch orginizations that test constantly what is popular thematicly. To maxamize profits they sure aren't going to come out with games with light weight content. They target demographically and supply what the market demands. I think economics is the driving factor but who knows with all the MK Ultra types out there with time on their hands and evil plans up their sleeves. Whoa, a new game idea!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Two very valid points.
In response to Manta. Speaking hypothetically, if you were in the position of holding a secret that would mean your ultimate downfall if disclosed, would you not wait until public attitudes change to an extent as would useful to disclose or if your back was against the wall, instead of just coming straight out with it, in general governments tend to be slow about admitting mistakes and compromising situations.

I tend to agree with you about the disclosure of documents, but if need really did arise to hide documents, I think they would find a way to make sure they were never released in public.
Here is a good sight for released government documents, if you haven’t already seen it, some interesting releases on UFO’s with most of them as dead ends so to speak, but a couple of interesting ones, I’ll post up specific links later. Although be careful about the webmasters comments, he tends to be a little biased.
www.bvalphaserver.com...

To Waaa, true about the games industry, maybe I’m looking for something that isn’t there, so maybe I should change the pitch.
Maybe I’m going a little off track here but, would you agree that the demographic gaming trends in a round about way represent the possible public reaction to an alien presence, a reaction of self preservation and resistance to the remotely possible notion of an alien threat, and if so is it possible that this trend/themes was artificially introduced at an early point.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure that most people would agree with me when I say that I'd much rather play a computer game with aliens that are malevolent than play a game where diplomacy to other fictional races, teaching tham our ways and learning from theirs is the aim of the game, am I right?

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I don't think so because the companies who produce the games obviously know that aliens are a popular topic and that shooting games are popular, so when you mix the two of them you get a product that people want to buy. Its about the companies making money, not us getting warned by the government!

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
I'm also going to agree with you on the gov propaganda theory.
I think the fact that an alien theory has evolved in our culture is more because we are trying to tell ourselves somthing. The world concious is saying aliens are real.

I am going to agree with you though on the coverup. I think people are abducted and that the government knows the information is too dangerous to be released to the people.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
In a more general vein; the government does send the populace messages thru propaganda, spin cycles, press releases and control of the news media but I'm not sure about subliminal messages. However if you wanted to institute control or thinking modes; targeting games, played by the young would be the way to go.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Yes, as an example of a gradual release of information to the public take a look at this file released by the University of Innsbruck.
info.uibk.ac.at...
It covers the mathematical pricipals reminiscent of proposed UFO propulsion systems but is actually well discussed and thrown about in the report. Now I’ve read through the derivations and they are a bit heavy, but the mathematics are plausible. The interesting thing to point out about this report is that the derivations are based on work by Heim in the 50’s and 60’s. I find it unusual that these equations took so long to develop into a civilian report since they were by and large available probably since the late 60’s.

This may be a poor example but I reckon that the civilian research groups of the world are still playing catch up and are fed scraps here and there so as to maintain we developed much of the technology ourselves.

Now our technology has advanced quite rapidly over the last 50 years, and that can also be attributed to the fact that technology begets technology, but I think that the government is introducing fledgling technologies into the mainstream all the time.

top topics

join