It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The federal government making illegal laws.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:44 PM
link   
The United States Constitution says that the federal government is only allowed to make laws regulating the commerce among the states, with foreign governments, and with the indian tribes.

Why are there whole chapters in US Federal Code that have nothing to do with "interstate commerce".

For example the majority of the firearms laws have nothing to do with interstate commerce. There are laws about "civil disorders", "domestic violence", "riots" etc etc etc.

These are powered reserved to the States.

Shouldnt the US Military be occupying Washington right about now?

[edit on 16-1-2006 by ImplementOfWar]

posted on Apr, 22 2006 @ 07:12 AM
link   
I just wanted to let you know I hear you!! I have read some of your posts. The post you did on, "Ive worked inside the system for XX years" hit the nail on the head for me..........I agree with you 100%...Im not so good as you at putting it in words though..........
Keep it up!!!!!.....I have found myself concerned about "what I say"......on the internet. This is America for goodness sakes. I am a straight citizen, I dont break any laws, and Im concerned about a "few words" about my beliefs.

This is a result of my studies about the Patriot Act. I wish the general public would check it out as I have. Some say.."there is no right to privacy in Constitution."

Excuse me?

Where did these folks "get off the bus."

Tom

[edit on 22-4-2006 by tommyb98201]

posted on Apr, 30 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
1. A few million bucks (say 10 0r 20 should do nicely).
2. A sympathetic jury
3. A good supreme court judge (they might have gone extinct shortly after the dinasurers though).

But yeah providing you can go to a court of law, challenge something and say "but this is what the constitution says..." be right, night run out of money and get good justice then whole thing shouldn't be too much of problem.

From what I hear about America's supreme court it might be necessary for Americans to carry guns. Not to over-frow the government (well not directly anyway) but instead replace the political appointees acting as supreme judges. Then again whose to say more political apppointees wouldn't just come flooding in?

join