It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Senators back military action in Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Senators have agreed that military strikes in Iran may be needed if political avenues come up with no resolutions or compromise.

Republican and Democratic senators said on Sunday the United States may ultimately have to undertake a military strike to deter Iran from obtaining nuclear weapons, but that should be the last resort.

It seems that we are going down a road well traveled once again. With Iran thumbing it's nose at the international community and moving forward with nuclear research and enrichment again, Russia backing away and washing it's hands after it's assitance , the only thing left is the UN to ask for help, and we will have a major conflict in the Iran.

Link

That is the last option. Everything else has to be exhausted. But to say under no circumstances would we exercise a military option, that would be crazy," Republican Sen. John McCain of Arizona said on CBS's "Face the Nation."

While acknowledging that President George W. Bush has "no good option," McCain said "there is only one thing worse than the United States exercising a military option, that is a nuclear-armed Iran."

With the leader of Iran claiming that other nations need to be 'wiped off the map', we need to realize that this is not the sabre rattling of a general in the Army, it is their president. Why I can not agree that our only option is a war they know we are a hostage.

On Sunday, Iran said that only diplomacy, not threats to refer it to the UN Security Council, could defuse a standoff over its nuclear work and warned that any Western push for sanctions could jack up world oil prices

If we enter Iran in any way, I think that we will see terror acts in the US that will make 9/11 look like a day in the park. Gas will skyrocket and our economy will tank.

Troop withdrawl from Iraq by the end of 2006, but will they all be on a bus for downtown Tehran?

Mod Edit: New External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Edit: Link Of Great Length Truncated.

[edit on 15/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:45 PM
link   
I would really like to hear from someone that lives in Iran & there viewpoint on things going on. what is the majority of people on the streets and family/coworkers inside Iran think of President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad & the iranian current government policies?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I just got this funny feeling that Iran already has a nuke(s),I think Iran's president is just waiting for Israel or the U.S to attack so it will give him a reason to launch one of his nukes.And I think if Iran did launch a nuke, the U.S would blame Russia for giving Iran one.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by thecry
I just got this funny feeling that Iran already has a nuke(s),I think Iran's president is just waiting for Israel or the U.S to attack so it will give him a reason to launch one of his nukes.And I think if Iran did launch a nuke, the U.S would blame Russia for giving Iran one.

And then the world goes to war once again ...yay

I don't think anyone will ever use Nuclear weapons ever again, on the long run I think it leaves a pretty bad mark on a countries reputation.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Poison

Originally posted by thecry

And then the world goes to war once again ...yay

I don't think anyone will ever use Nuclear weapons ever again, on the long run I think it leaves a pretty bad mark on a countries reputation.

I don't think this guy cares about reputation,he want's to start a holy war,he
has already said he want's to see Isreal destroyed and that holocaust was exaggerated...how many normal presidents would say something like that?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Things arent looking too good here, the rhetoric coming out of this guy's mouth isn't helping much either. I think the whole Iraq WMD debacle would cast it’s shadow in any future US case for war in the middle east but at least now it’s the Europeans and UN asking that something needs to be done, heck even Russia is taking their people out and backing the growing UN support for stronger action. Let’s see just what support our European allies will bring when it’s time BLANK hits the fan. Why does everybody keep stating that a conflict with Iran would lead to a hostile exchange with the Russians, as of the last few days they’ve seen to be joining the band wagon, at least in spirit, I doubt they’ll give any real support if push came to shove.

top topics

join