It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN V.S. FOX- which is worse?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I think MSNBC is the least enjoyable to watch. I enjoy FOX the most. PBS can be pretty good.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I'll watch both a bit. Amazing how the same story can have a different flavor depending who's conveying it. Figure the truth is somewhere in the middle.

Really hard to decide which is "truer" with each having their own bias.

75% of what I check out is on-line. Again, using different sources and I'll come up with my own interpretation/judgement.

Since the original question was just in interest in "which is worse?", I guess I'll choose CNN.

I gather from above I'm more into the skank look.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Fox however openly lays claim to 'fair and balanced' when it's anything but. Talk about Orwellean overtones.

Which in my opinion wins it the hypocrite award.

And what annoys me about it is that it presents a position so far 'right' that it makes moderates seem to the 'left'. Fox is as guilty as anything else for polarising this nation.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
I can no longer stomach Fox News, ever since they repeatedly tried to force us to believe that Ann Coulter was a serious and important source of news and commentary. At that point I began to retch.

I do not watch CNN, but I do frequent their website for daily news.

The format I prefer the most is The News Hour with Jim Lehrer - seems to be the least amount of spin. But the truth is that I consume news from many, many sources and then sift, collate and categorize accordingly.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:29 PM
link   
CNN ROCKS!!! Just kiddin. I just like Soledad O'Brien in the morn.

THE MILF OF THE CENTURY!

on a serious note, they are all liars...

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 02:43 PM
link   
They're both good noisemakers to have on in the background.

Get your news from the BBC though.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pyros
I can no longer stomach Fox News, ever since they repeatedly tried to force us to believe that Ann Coulter was a serious and important source of news and commentary. At that point I began to retch.

Not only that, they want us to believe Ann Coulter is a woman.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I think both are biased. CNN leans to the right but shows it through the subtle comments of their star reporter, Wolf Blitzer and others. FOX is blatant propaganda and assumes everyone has ADHD. I'll never forget the when I was watching FOX during the second Iraq war and during the intro to one of their "news" they had an animation of a Bald Eagle that morphed into a laser-shooting F-15. It was a war, not a fun little video game.

I can stand to watch CNN because I like some of the people. I suppose I also still have nostalgia for when it used to be decent and not trying to copy FOX. I absoutely HATE FOX News and everything it stands for. I refuse to watch it and any of the vomitous, filthy personalities on it. I've made it my personal goal to do everything in my power to shut it down (which isn't much). The fact that people actually think it's "fair and balanced" or anything but garbage journalism that's dragging down the whole profession worries me. I don't want to hear the anchor's stupid opinon...just shut up and give me the damn news (that goes for all of the networks).

That being said, watch the BBC for real news.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
But Fox knows only chumps will say it's balanced, but CNN actually tries to deceive people with an objectivity claim. That's why it's more dangerous in my opinion, Fox just has Bill O'Reilly war propaganda vomit all day and to a small degree assumes only rightwingers watch it, CNN put's baloney all day long and tries to brainwash you into thinking it's fair.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:56 PM
link   
I like Fox overall, but there are shows I'm not fond of like "The Bickersons," I mean, "Hannity and Colmes." I ditched my basic cable here while back for a slimmer package and don't get any news channels anymore. I'm not sure if that's good or bad quite yet.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
You just have to take the news in from several sources to get a good idea of what's going on. Personally I watch about an equal amount of Fox, CNN, and BBC; while on the internet I also include the english aljazeera to get a different viewpoint on certain events.

posted on Jan, 23 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Hello, everyone. I am a person happen to live in China for the first 20 years of my life. If you guys ever lived in China which is still considered as "communist regime", you will be amazed how much similar the Fox news and Chinese central TV (CCTV): same tone, same controlling words, and same arbitrary attitude that "I know things, you know nothing, just listen to me and you shut up". Especially when I happed to watch Bill'Orielly's show, damn, I was wondering whether I am still in China: this guy is cheating on basic fact without even closing his eyes......Almost all Chinese that I know are joking about his show and ask whether he is indeed a "communist" :-) . The extreme conservatives behave very very similar to communist in many ways. One example is whenever you have different opinion with the government, you are not patriotic, damn, hilarious!

CNN is not really much better in various situations, but it is overall better than Chinese CCTV which is equal to Foxnews in my eyes. Besides, they have smart guys such as Anderson.

The most neutral sources, my opinion, is PBS, NPR in this nation.
But you better check BBC as the other guy mentioned.

Yes, BBC is way much better.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
They're both good noisemakers to have on in the background.

Get your news from the BBC though.

You are so right. I sometimes flip to CNN and Fox to see what they're saying about some of the same stories, but I don't view either for update news. I try to watch BBC as much as I can and also read a lot of print news sources. I find it best to look at several different news sources before believing just one.

Anyways, I'd have to say Fox is the worst. I can at least watch CNN for more than 10 minutes. Can't even stomach Fox...

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I don't get a television signal where I live and thus don't watch any TV. I get my news from Wikinews, Drudge Report, Huffington Post, Fark, Slashdot, Prison Planet (say what you will, most of the things on there are just pointing out other people's articles), ATSNN... and so on.

I think all the TV news channels are bad, really. Gone are the days when news hosts were investigative journalists themselves and wrote their own things. Edward R. Murrow was a good man and I would've watched him. We need more TV journalists like him today...

Although 60 Minutes is still a good show.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Communist News Network and Faux News are both liars. They just each have their own spin on the fairy tales that are spewed.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 11:02 AM
link   
Im in England and only get CNN international which seems to be a decentish source for news, Although I admit to watching Fox quite abit mainly for comedic reasons , I cant believe some of the things that they get away with saying , and its so mellow dramatic , a previous post touched on the constant scrolling icons and tickers I especially like the elevated terror threat bit , its interesting to see that alot of Americans and other nationalities like the BBC but I never watch BBC news 24 its the oposite of fox if you ask me, too politically correct , I go for Sky news which is owned by the same people as fox but seems more rational some how, ITV news channel is also pretty good and their stories are often carried on CNN as they have exellent journalists who are often first on the scene. Mind you having said all that FOX does have some seriously gorgeous women on it

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:09 PM
link   
I am shocked to hear the accusations of CNN being as right-winged as Fox News. I never really realized it until you all brought it up.

Although, people like Christiane Amanpour have accused CNN in the past for being very "submissive" to the U.S. government. I would love to hear about CNN's subliminal propaganda program some more.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:22 PM
link   
Much like everyone I have problems with both CNN and FOX, so i split the difference and watch MSNBC. I really like how Countdown with Keith Olbermann presents the days news, many moments of both serious news and humorous events of the day. If you haven't watched, give it a try it's quite refreshing. I would also like to second the motion that MSNBC does have the hottest female host on TV.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 08:23 PM
link   
What hard evidence is there that CNN is as biased if not more biased than Fox News?

ExiledOne, Countdown With Keith Olbermann is the best thing on news since news itself!!!

And this hot female host you refer to isn't Rita Cosby, is it? I want to be humiliated by her...

[edit on 4-2-2006 by sweatmonicaIdo]

posted on Feb, 5 2006 @ 10:57 AM
link   
huh? Fox,CNN,BBC,CBC, ect... there all bad. Mind you american news seems to be far fetched too include the compitence of the avg american mind. I turn on the Tv see what's on and the odd occations I flip too Fox or Cnn and all I can see are these plastic surgically enhanced things with mouths who look too be 50 yrs + on the neck. *shivers* Sorry but american news media what ever you call it. It surves one purpose for you.... I'm not gona say it because well you may already know.

Just a though however this was like probably 6 months ago, or maybe longer I think A Cnn or fox reporter was going around in public walked into a barber shop and asked this fat ass kid if "If your president is to go too war would you follow him?" Funny thing is this kid said "yeah sure he's my president" with out a thought in his mind those words came out. My god that's when America went too hell.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join