It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN V.S. FOX- which is worse?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Which of these two is it in your opinions the worse of the two, the supra-spin meister, the most shameless propaganda outlet, the biggest servile Neocon puppet? I'll go with CNN, it's unbelievably shameless (Love it when they say- "it's important to not spin this issue and be objective" and then spin it outrageously).

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:51 PM
link   
I've always found CNN to be ultra liberal, I mean they don't call it the "Clinton News Network" for nothing!

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:57 PM
link   
Well, I don't believe in this left/right paradigm, but CNN is a shameless Bush apologist, it never questions the whitehouse, just put's two Neocons together arguing against each other, and the final word to the one with the more extreme view. It's absurd.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Well, I don't believe in this left/right paradigm, but CNN is a shameless Bush apologist, it never questions the whitehouse, just put's two Neocons together arguing against each other, and the final word to the one with the more extreme view. It's absurd.

Really? I haven't watched CNN for a while...what "neocons" do they have on?

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:03 PM
link   
All the cable news stations are propaganda machines designed to keep you interested in trivial, banal, and sensationalist tripe, so you won't look to deep and see the corruption and greed that pervades American Society and government in particular.

I watch MSNBC because they have the cutest women of ANY tv news and the weather section is OK.

Fox news women give the word "skank" new meaning.

For real news maybe BBC, the www. especially ATS.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Here are a few:

Robert Novak
David Horowitz
Alan Dershowitz
Paul Dundes
David Wurmser
William Kristol

Not to mention anchors such as Wolf Bitzer and Paula Zann.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I think CNN is worse. I watch Fox alot, I'm a big fan of Shepard Smith and the Fox Report, it's much better than anything i've seen on CNN.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:35 PM
link   
Th important thing to remember is that legal precedant has been established.

It is technically not against any law, rule, or regulation to deliberately lie or distort the news on a television broadcast.

NEW WORLD COMMUNICATIONS OF TAMPA, INC., d/b/a WTVT-TV v. JANE AKRE Case No. 2D01-529

We agree with WTVT that
the FCC’s policy against the intentional falsification of the news – which the FCC has
called its “news distortion policy” – does not qualify as the required “law, rule, or
regulation” under section 448.102.

The FCC has never published its news distortion policy as a regulation
with definitive elements and defenses. Instead, the FCC has developed the policy
through the adjudicatory process in decisions resolving challenges to broadcasters’
licenses.

The FCC did not have the power to promulgate its 'news distrotion policy'.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by ArchAngel]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:11 PM
link   
The people at Fox are morons and those over at CNN aren't any better.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:23 PM
link   
FOX news is just flashier, with more gradiants and graphics. CNNs got more of a conservative, clean cut, look, while FOX is flashy and attention grabbing (deliberately to grab more "Extreme" teen 18-35 viewers)

I dunno, I really dont like either FOX or CNN. I think Fox is worse, just because they try to make themselves out to be flashy and edgy, but just repeat the same crap 24/7 (well, so does cnn, but...not as much.) And plus the whole "fair and balanced" thing really makes them out with a bit of an ego.

I dont trust either source, I'll go with what BBC world tells me over fox or cnn.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Fox is worse. It's noise. Slick, well presented noise

CNN has an established journalistic record. First 24hr news network, first channel to cover a war live from behind enemy lines. First on the air with the news on 9/11.

Americas largest newsgathering operation, more bureaux than any other American agency, reaching over a billion people for 25 years.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:27 PM
link   
One more thing.

CNN has James Earl Jones.

(aka the voice of Darth Vader)

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
FOX news is just flashier, with more gradiants and graphics.

YEeah, it really bothers me. When you watch a show they have an American Flag waving which is also fading in and out of a FOX sign, they have the ticker at the bottom that is constantly rolling, a revolving FOX icon which has the time which also turns about every 20 seconds, then they flash a banner at the bottom of the screen which supposedly announces the subject/topic matter or who the person is, then they have something in the bachground that is moving maybe another American Flag, and then there is the constant 'we're about serious business' faces that the anchors give you as if they know anything, then there is the dread "THIS IS A FOX NEWS ALERT" which has probably nothing to do with an alert or news, so they have all the graphics running all ove rthe screen, etc, etc.

I can't help but get the feeling while watching FOX News that they want to hypnotize the viewer. I think I had an epiliptic seizure once while watching. But seriouslly, I think they want to distract the viewer with graphics and have an anchor come on and give their opinion and persuade to the viewer that their opinion is accepted, respected and what you should think as well.

Oh, and then there is the music...

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Not to mention anchors such as Wolf Bitzer and Paula Zann.

When I first read that, I thought it said actors such as Wolf Bitzer and Paula Zann.
I agreed! They're acting like they're doing the news!

As regards the original question, I guess it depends on what one means by 'worse', and it's hard to choose, but I think I'd choose cnn as the worse.

Cnn pretends to actually be unbiased. FOX is blatant about their leanings. So cnn is more deceitful, and therefore worse in my eyes. But I can't stomach watching FOX, so it really is hard to choose. They're both disgusting.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It's hard to decide which one.. they're both just Empire Bush political/war propaganda to me. Have you notcied how both stations are now constantly talking about Iran? To me it means theres nothing to talk about anymore, the job for the media now is to prepare people for the war with Iran so there arn't riots across the states because of yet another war. Empire Bush is not worthy in my book, Bush is too much of a disrespectful, ignorant leader. Honestly, I don't care what the U.S. does as long as they do strategically... but having Bush as my leader/American representative aka. President I don't like and I think many people agree.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 05:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frosty

Originally posted by WolfofWar
FOX news is just flashier, with more gradiants and graphics.

YEeah, it really bothers me. When you watch a show they have an American Flag waving which is also fading in and out of a FOX sign, they have the ticker at the bottom that is constantly rolling, a revolving FOX icon which has the time which also turns about every 20 seconds, then they flash a banner at the bottom of the screen which supposedly announces the subject/topic matter or who the person is, then they have something in the bachground that is moving maybe another American Flag, and then there is the constant 'we're about serious business' faces that the anchors give you as if they know anything, then there is the dread "THIS IS A FOX NEWS ALERT" which has probably nothing to do with an alert or news, so they have all the graphics running all ove rthe screen, etc, etc.

I can't help but get the feeling while watching FOX News that they want to hypnotize the viewer. I think I had an epiliptic seizure once while watching. But seriouslly, I think they want to distract the viewer with graphics and have an anchor come on and give their opinion and persuade to the viewer that their opinion is accepted, respected and what you should think as well.

Oh, and then there is the music...

Hahha, your right FOX is full of cheesy arse special effects and what not, I especially hate that Shepard show, not only does his special effects suck but his music does aswell. As for that ticker crap, its pretty annoying, FOX ALERT my arse, a majority of the time its something absoultely stupid.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Well, I like CNN in general, the only problem I have with it, is that every few minutes they keep saying the condition of that miner guy who survived, I mean for goodness sake I don't care about his bloody condition, that's not news, that's just a bunch of filler.

As for FOX, I don't like them, they act to conservative to me, and never follow any interesting news stories.

So I'm voting FOX for being the worse.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:14 PM
link   
American TV including the News is just a Madison Ave./Commercial vehicle to advertise products, services with the ocassional public service message thrown to make it look like they actually care about the viewers. It's just bread and circuses for the masses. Enjoy!

Direct TV [small dish] is a little better than cable but not much. Thank God for the www. It won't be long until the net is big a wastelant as TV.

ATS is one of the few reliable news sources.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:18 PM
link   

Direct TV [small dish] is a little better than cable but not much. Thank God for the www. It won't be long until the net is big a wastelant as TV.

Last time I checked the web doesn't require an investment in the Millions of dollars
Comparing the two mediums is like comparing Apples to Apricots.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Good one. CNN "pretends" to be the unbiased news source while being a propaganda machine for a baloney war on the constution and innocent Iraqis, Fox is just blatantly biased and despicable. Thus CNN is worse. That was exactly what I was thinking. Thanks

[edit on 16-1-2006 by Nakash]

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join