It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Human/Rabbit Hybrid? What?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   

British scientists are seeking permission to create hybrid embryos in the lab by fusing human cells with rabbit eggs. If granted consent, the team will use the embryos to produce stem cells that carry genetic defects, in the hope that studying them will help understand the complex mechanisms behind incurable human diseases.

www.guardian.co.uk...

Bugs Bunny meets Elmer Fudd. I can just imagine what this thing would look like. Creepy. Straight out of the Island of Dr. Mareau.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:19 PM
link   
I woulden't worry. There probobly not gonna let them grow past the embryo stage. =P

There just going to use the embryos for experiments, there not gonna make Rabbit people.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:45 AM
link   
I agree, their just going to use the embryos for experiments. If they made rabbit people there would be mass hysteria and panic, especially from most religious people and I don't think thats a road they want to go down.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 03:57 AM
link   
There would only be mass hysteria because the general public is stupid. They hear the phrase "Rabbit-human hybrid" and you know what kind of daft images spring to mind. Which is why theres a outcry.

I have no patience for religious groups. Apparently we shouldnt play god but then why did god give us the intelligence to understand physics, chemistry, and how we came to be?If he didnt want us meddling would he have given us the free will to create the atom bomb, hydro electric dams and sony i-pods?

The only thing that would be created in this experiment is a perfectly normal looking rabbit, With one tiny, inviusible exception. That it harbours a human disease. Now we are able to poke and prod this disease at length, something we obviously could not do to a human.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 01:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
Apparently we shouldnt play god but then why did god give us the intelligence to understand physics, chemistry, and how we came to be?If he didnt want us meddling would he have given us the free will to create the atom bomb, hydro electric dams and sony i-pods?

Well Actually it's an apple i-pod but you are totally right.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:08 PM
link   
great a human rabbit hybrid. as if we didn't have enough overpopulation.

inuendo

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:29 PM
link   
LOL! oh and yea apple ipod okies......

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:48 PM
link   
Its better then half human, half aligator. I wouldnt mind a nice furry person that just jumps around. But a person with scales and huge teeth !?

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:17 PM
link   
i don't think it would just jump around...

it's got sharp pointy

it can jump about

well, just look at the bones!!!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:56 PM
link   
[edit on 16-1-2006 by TheBlueSoldier]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadow88
I have no patience for religious groups. Apparently we shouldnt play god but then why did god give us the intelligence to understand physics, chemistry, and how we came to be?If he didnt want us meddling would he have given us the free will to create the atom bomb, hydro electric dams and sony i-pods?

Hey buddy, God did give us free will, which means that I can grab an AK-47 and start mowing people down on the street, but does that mean I'm gonna do it? Free will is different than conscience, the last time i checked.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Before you ask "what are they thinking!?" or "Are they insane!?" when you respond to ANY topic about scientists doing ANYTHING, you must first remember the Scientific Communities new slogan:

Why? Because We Can!

new topics

top topics

join