It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS: Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad to Host Debate on Holocaust.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:21 PM
link   
After some recent comments made by Iranian president Mahmoud Ahmadinejad that the holocaust was a myth, and that Israel should be wiped off the map, Iran is now set to host a debate to "asses the scale and the consequences of the holocaust." Hamid Reza Asefi, Iran's foreign ministry spokesman proclaimed the debate of the issue should not be off limit.

news.bbc.co.uk
Iran says it will hold a conference to assess the scale and consequences of the Holocaust, which its president recently described as a "myth".

President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad has also sparked international condemnation by calling for Israel to be "wiped off the map", or moved to Europe or the US.

An Iranian spokesman said the seminar would examine the "scientific evidence" supporting the Holocaust.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

After all the rethoric which has come from the Iranian president about Israel, are we to assume that this debate will be unbiased and will present facts? Or will it be set up in a way that it will back up the statements of the Iranian president? I think we all know the answer to that question.

Related News Links:
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk
news.bbc.co.uk

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I don't think we have to assume anything, do we? But even if he's got his fingers crossed behind his back...

he's saying all the right things.

Gotta give him that credit.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:43 PM
link   
Valhall he already stated that the holocaust is a myth, among some of his other statements.

Do you actually think he would put forth an unbiased debate about this same issue he has adamantly stated is but a myth?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
Anyone that would participate in this "debate" is nothing more than an enabler. To debate the issue would be giving his point of view some credence in the world of rational thought. Better to ignore his "debate" and to deny him the attention he so desperately craves.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Muaddib asked:

Valhall he already stated that the holocaust is a myth, among some of his other statements.

Do you actually think he would put forth an unbiased debate about this same issue he has adamantly stated is but a myth?

Now did I say that? Don't be silly. I said

*ahem*

even if he has his fingers crossed, he's saying all the right things right now.

Remember, the greatest skill you can ever master is faking sincerity.

But at the same time....I always like taking some one at their word until there's evidence I shouldn't. And right now, there's no evidence I shouldn't. This could be a letigimate attempt to think twice about something the entire world has strongly pointed out you're almost DEAD wrong on (pun intended).

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:00 PM
link   

jsobecky states:

Anyone that would participate in this "debate" is nothing more than an enabler. To debate the issue would be giving his point of view some credence in the world of rational thought. Better to ignore his "debate" and to deny him the attention he so desperately craves.

I absolutely disagree...and this how nations go to war. If you know you're right, and you have all the evidence, why the thunder wouldn't you accept an act of apparent reconciliation on such an important point?

If we all were this way on this board, there'd be a lot of nothing going on, right?

[edit on 1-15-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   

I absolutely disagree...and this how nations go to war. If you know you're right, and you have all the evidence, why the thunder wouldn't you accept an act of apparent reconciliation on such an important point?

I'm sorry, I don't see any reconciliation. Reconciliation would be for him to apologize loudly and publicly for his previous statements.

If David Duke were to say that white men were created by God and blacks were descended from monkeys, would you accept his offer for a debate? Or would you treat him as the racist that he is?

No, wars are started because people play mind and word games under the guise of diplomacy. No-one can really hold anyone's feet to the fire because their words are not sincere - their "fingers were crossed".

If we all were this way on this board, there'd be a lot of nothing going on, right?

I'm sorry, I don't understand. What "way" do you mean?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Double post, sorry.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by jsobecky]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:26 PM
link   
A debate?

What a joke!

Can anyone believe that there would be the slighest possability that the Iranian nutcase leader would let a debate take place that may show his views to be wrong?

No way.....

If there is a debate then its already been scripted and fixed. Look for the Holocaust deniers and Stormfront etal to get suddenly more popular.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by Netchicken]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
What "way" I mean is to refuse to talk to some one else that doesn't believe as you do.

And he didn't come to that microphone and say the Holocaust didn't happen. He said he wanted to host a conference to review the historical record.

He had PREVIOUSLY stated the obnoxious, he didn't state that this time.

If David Duke came to the podium and said he thought he needed to revisit his position and wanted people to set down and have a good old fashion bible reading - I'd be willing to give him a shot.

What's your answer? Do you propose we spit in their face today and invade them tomorrow?

Just wondering - because you're pretty bellicose right now.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:31 PM
link   
Netchicken...

please, tell me, how do you script both sides of a debate?

lmao

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:32 PM
link   
How is "scale and consequence" being interpreted as as Ahmadinejad asserting that the holocaust never took place? I know damn well why it's being interpreted this way and its to shock the sheeple into actually backing yet another groundless war in the Middle East.

The holocaust occurred, no one can deny that and I really have not read where Ahmadinejad said that no wholesale slaughter of Jews occurred in WW2. But how do we really know that the figure of 6 million people were murdered? To me the actual figure of 6 million is beside the point, one single person murdered is enough for me to condemn the Nazi's for eternity. But the fact still remains that this figure has hardly been verified and to question it has landed at least one person in jail. Why?

Also the extent to which the holocaust has been used and played upon by the Zionist movement SHOULD be looked into further. A militant terrorist movement such as the Zionists in the 1940's were ostensibly given a golden goose which seemed to validate and vindicate all their claims over previously Arab land.

There is even plenty of evidence that the Zionist movement leaders were more than willing to ally themselves with the Nazis if it got them what they wanted.

As late as 1941, the Zionist group LEHI, one of whose leaders, Yitzhak Shamir, was later to become a prime minister of Israel, approached the Nazis, using the name of its parent organization, the Irgun(NMO)..[The proposal stated:] 'The establishment of the historical Jewish state on a national and totalitarian Pd bound by a treaty with the German Reich would be in the interests of strengthening the future German nation of power in the Near East...The NMO in Palestine offers to take an active part in the war on Germany's side'...The Nazis rejected this proposal for an alliance because, it is reported, they considered LEHI's military power 'negligible.'

www.wrmea.com...

The same Zionist movement spurned a chance to save many millions of Jews from death in the Holocaust in 1938.

"In 1938 a thirty-one nation conference was held in Evian, France, on resettlement of the victims of Nazism. The World Zionist Organization refused to participate, fearing that resettlement of Jews in other states would reduce the number available for Palestine." John Quigley, "Palestine and Israel: A Challenge to Justice."

www.cactus48.com...

This same Zionist movement then played on the guilt of the World for failing to prevent the Holocaust and established its long desired homeland by a UN vote that would never of occurred under normal circumstances.

There is plenty of inconsistencies and intriguing bed-fellows that deserve to be looked into on this topic. Blackballing and vilifying anyone who dares contradict the accepted norm on this topic is not honouring those who died in the holocaust, you are making a mockery of their suffering. Those trying to fob Ahmadinejad off as some kind of raving lunatic who is trying to say the holocaust never existed are deluding themselves. You are also playing right into the hands of the puppet masters who would love nothing more than to have your (vociferous) support for yet another groundless and bloody war in the Middle East.

Remember, Iran and its leaders have never had a problem with the jews. Their hatred of Israel springs from the actions of the Zionists, and the Zionists alone. Maybe they have a point, Zionism is well overdue in having to explain its actions during WW2.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Vall, the post says...

The foreign ministry plans to hold a conference on the scientific aspect of the issue to discuss and review its repercussions."

He did not say where or when the conference would be held, nor who would attend.

I'll lay money its a closed conference (if it ever takes place) with both sides picked and primed by the "foreign ministry".

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
So let's get this straight, subz...

subz said:

A militant terrorist movement such as the Zionists in the 1940's were ostensibly given a golden goose which seemed to validate and vindicate all their claims over previously Arab land.

You're intimating that 6 million some odd Jews were murdered by Nazis in order to win world sentiment for the Zionists?

The answer is yes. So don't try any weasle outs on the statement quoted above. That's what you intimated.

And might I point out - it's a rather disgusting insinuation.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Valhall
So let's get this straight, subz...

You're intimating that 6 million some odd Jews were murdered by Nazis in order to win world sentiment for the Zionists?

Why would I intimate something so clumsy as what you've surmised? Where did I say the Zionists were controling the actions of the Nazis? What I said is that the Zionist movement had a chance to prevent the deaths of Jews at the hands of the Nazis. They declined this offer, prove that wrong instead of trying to attack me.

The answer is yes. So don't try any weasle outs on the statement quoted above. That's what you intimated.

The answer is not yes, you could not be farther from the mark not that it matters. I find your backflip from being even-toned and accepting of atleast discussing this topic to that of a combative and irrational one to be pretty interesting.

And might I point out - it's a rather disgusting insinuation.

Oh really? So it matters little that youre basing that off your (flawed) interpretation of something I quoted? Well your rational stance on this thread didnt last very long did it.

[edit on 15/1/06 by subz]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
You also seem to of missed this paragraph from my post.

Originally posted by subz
The holocaust occurred, no one can deny that and I really have not read where Ahmadinejad said that no wholesale slaughter of Jews occurred in WW2. But how do we really know that the figure of 6 million people were murdered? To me the actual figure of 6 million is beside the point, one single person murdered is enough for me to condemn the Nazi's for eternity. But the fact still remains that this figure has hardly been verified and to question it has landed at least one person in jail. Why?

But that doesnt fit with your attempts to portray me as some kind of "disgusting" anti-semite does it. *sigh*

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:52 PM
link   
why is it that Iran has a problem with Zionists? Zionism is nothing more than the call for a Homeland for Jews - Israel. Why would a nation in Persia have a problem with that?
Furthermore, Iran has not all of a sudden developed this problem; if you recall, an Iranian ship full of weapons headed for the PLO was caught a few years back.

Historically, Iran hasn't had a problem. Times also change, don't they? The U.S. doesn't use slaves anymore, so one can't call it a slave nation (in the traditional sense, anyway), and Iran can change as well.

The Jews haven't been looking to get mileage from the slaughter of 6 million family members. People are still alive who lost family members in those death camp Hell holes. Iam not sure what kind of mileage one would try to get, but I find such an assertion to be a tad insulting. I'm sure you've gone to one of these camps, I'm sure you've seen the bullet marks in the concrete, the ovens, and the very short wooden bunks. You've also probably seenthe pitiful clothing they wore, and read about how they were treated much worse than animals. It was truly heartbreaking to me. I'm sure I wasn't the only young, strong and well-trained soldier on the tour who was crying, we just showed enough respect to not catch each otehrs' eyes.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Subs burbled

What I said is that the Zionist movement had a chance to prevent the deaths of Jews at the hands of the Nazis. They declined this offer, prove that wrong instead of trying to attack me.

Subs, you are really scraping the bottom of the barrel of conspiracy theories if you seriously think a supposed "Zionist group" deliberatly didn't help their own people to garner moral power afterwards. Thats just bizzare.

This is akin to the famous rubbish of Hamas being funded by Israel to kill their own people.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:53 PM
link   

What I said is that the Zionist movement had a chance to prevent the deaths of Jews at the hands of the Nazis. They declined this offer, prove that wrong instead of trying to attack me.

Amazing... so it would've just been simple for the "Zionists" to prevent the Holocaust whereas it took millions of deaths and an entire World War for the Nazis to be stopped.

But the "Zionists" could have done it far easier in your opinion, but didn't so that tug at the heart strings and get a sliver of land in the middle east?

Cool.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
This "conference" will probably come and go, same as the last one.

Arab League to participate in Holocaust-denial symposium August 28, 2002

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join