It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chess...the world's greatest game?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:47 PM
link   
There are many gamers, I'm certain, on ATS/BTS. From Halo to Doom, from Age of Empires to Tetris, the number and complexity of the games that exist on line is amazing. However, I have yet to find a game that is as fulfilling and as mentally stimulating as the "king of games", Chess. How many ATS/BTS members play Chess? What is your opinion about, what many would consider, the greatest game ever devised?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Absolutely the greatest game! I've played quite a range of games over the years, and ended up dropping them all sooner or later. They can only hold my interest for so long. Chess, I've stuck with.

Even when I wasn't playing for a few years, I kept up some study of the game. No other game interests me enough to do much else than play it.

The thing that impresses me about chess is its depth. Despite computer analysis and centuries of study, chess novelties are still being found.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:05 PM
link   
I know....Chess can become so intricate. I just love it when, during the midgame, you can have so many variables that one's mind can only boggle at all of the possibilities. God I love Chess. But I always have to wonder about who could have devised such an awesome game.....if you ask me, it's proof positive of alien intervention into human development.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 11:35 AM
link   
You know, I would have assumed that people who regularly visit ATS would be chess players. After all, any conspiracy worth it's weight in speculation would have to be intricate and involve mental gymnastics akin to the sort that a good game of chess often provokes. Yet, it would seem, that there just aren't that many chess players here on ATS/BTS. Do ATSers play chess? If not, what would be your vote for the best game of all time?

top topics

join