It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TNEs, Red Dots

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Hello all! I apologize in advance if I offend anyone or goof up in any way while posting this. I'm brand new to this site (first post!) but I just have a few questions I'd really love to get answered.

I'm a college student in Oklahoma, but I'm from Kansas. While home for the Winter break, my parents and I had a few discussions about some secret societies at their alma matter. (Kansas State.) At first I thought they' just knew a little bit, but after a while I started to suspect that perhaps they were actually a part of these at one point. My dad has all but admitted that he was a part of the TNEs. Of course, he didn't really say it, but the situation in which he alluded all but confirms my suspicions.

I don't really care if they were, in fact I think it's kind of cool. I'm just really curious about this whole thing now. I'd like to know more about the TNEs and the Red Dots, if anyone has any information. I've always kind of dreamed about being a part of something like this, and now that I've begun to suspect that someone in my family, if not a lot of family members, were a part of a secret society, I'm even more curious.

Please give me any links or information you may have. I tried a few web searches but I didn't get very many helpful results.

Thanks guys!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:08 PM
link   
I can't find anything on this. Do you know what TNE stands for??

Why not just ask your parents about these groups, can you provide some information you heard them talking about?

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:46 PM
link   
TNE is Theta Nu Epsilon. I have been trying myself to do some research on this matter. My Great Grandfather was a member at UC Berkley. There it was known as Skull and Keys. We have no record or know any secrets, but we have his badge.
Try This www.theamericanminerva.com...

Red Dots, no freakin clue.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Great link!

I had no idea that the first "TNE" was chartered by Skull & Bones.

Neat.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Wow! I'm a little suprised about the skull and bones thing because he did say something along the lines of "its like skull and bones but nothing that extreme." Hmm maybe he was just lying.

Someone suggested that I ask him about it. Thing is, they're sworn to secrecy and my dads the kind of guy that would never say anything if he was sworn not to.

I have no idea what the Red Dots are about. I just know that my dad used to mention them a little bit and that my mom knows more than the average person probably would. I've kind of gathered that maybe they're the female version of TNE or something.

Thanks for your help, guys.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Well, Theta Nu Epsilon is a fraternity. There is nothing wrong with fraternities, or other greek-letter societies. If you are interested I suggest you check into some on your campus and see if you would like to join.

If your father was a member he can write a letter to the TNE at your school telling them you are a legacy. Being a lagacy will help you to gain admission to the fraternity.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 09:36 PM
link   
TNE has also been referred to as THE MACHINE.
I have a few TNE engravings that to an outsider would look pretty sinister, but I am sure it is all one big inside joke. TNE is not a cabal. It is a a sophomore college honor society.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by STRANGER711
TNE has also been referred to as THE MACHINE.
I have a few TNE engravings that to an outsider would look pretty sinister, but I am sure it is all one big inside joke. TNE is not a cabal. It is a a sophomore college honor society.

It is no longer a sophomore college honor society; it is a college fraternity. I also have a TNE engraving, they do have some nice ones.

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by STRANGER711
I have a few TNE engravings

It's be fantastic if you could scan them and upload them here. If you have any problems uploading (ATS provides free upload space), u2u me.

How do we know that S&B chartered them? Does this mean that they are not part of the greek system?

Where'd you hear about 'the red dots'? How was it mentioned?

www.theamericanminerva.com...

Interesting that that site is 'the american minerva'. The illuminati had a degree called 'minerval', and members were sometimes called minervals. Minerva is also a goddess associated with wisdom, and lots of universities have picked her up because of that.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
The first chapter was chartered by Skull & Bones, but they broek ties with the group after two years. They are fully part of the greek system.

-- Boat (the link above provides this information; plus I know many schools with TNE at it).

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:39 PM
link   

this is what the groups symbol looks like.

sorry that the pictures are so small, but i guess they give you an idea.

based on these pictures, they must be quite mischevious....

-EyE

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Interesting that is spells out one.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:32 PM
link   
I have the last engraving you posted, the one with the seven devils in a circle. I don't know if you can see it there but there is a eighth devil whispering into a devils ear, the one with the E on his back. Also at the bottom of the engraving there are some symbols, which to me look like the signs of the zodiac.

I bought it off a dude on EBay. He is a collecter of rituals. He said the TNE ritual was quite impressive and satirical. The basic principle was to take life not too seriously and live life to the fullest. (YAWN)

He also said the Letters Theta, Nu, and Epsilon could represent a motto;
the "Thirst Never Ends".

I still think it looks cool and mysterious.

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:31 PM
link   
LadyD,

Were you able to get any more information from your parents? Have you looked into joining any of the groups?

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:06 PM
link   
'Red Dots' was a nickname for a women's society associated with Theta Nu Epsilon at Kansas. Short for Rho Delta. Something of a 'Sweetheart's Club', depending on your point of view.

Nebraska, Kanasa, and Kansas State were breakaway chapters that somewhat lost the point of the society, and basically turned it into a combination drinking society / quasi-conspiracy. They had their own initiation, and it does seem to cross the line into offensive behavior.

I say quasi-conspiracy since they seem to have been largely ineffectual in any practical sense.

The chapter at Alabama, (another lone breakaway), is usually known as 'The Machiene'. They actually did seem to have been successful at exercising some actual control at Alabama. Nice Wikipedia article for them.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boatphone
The first chapter was chartered by Skull & Bones, but they broke ties with the group after two years. They are fully part of the greek system.

-- Boat (the link above provides this information; plus I know many schools with TNE at it).

It is no longer a sophomore college honor society; it is a college fraternity.

You're making distinctions that seem to be beside the point.

If college fraternity means a four-year society that is exclusive of membership in other societies, then Theta Nu Epsilon is is not a college fraternity.

Membership in Theta Nu Epsilon is open to non-fraternity members AND fraternity members.

Where I'm from, anyway, you can't be a member of two organizations of the same kind, (i.e., two fraternities).

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:20 PM
link   

LadyD,

Were you able to get any more information from your parents? Have you looked into joining any of the groups?

-- Boat

Nope. As soon as they realized I was on to them, they've completely clamed up. All I've been able to get out of them was "Hey dad do you know what TNE stands for?" "Yes." and then a few hours later he was like, "You know, some things are just better left in the past. IT was a long time ago." So he's basically admitted it, he just won't dishonor it or break a vow of secrecy or something.

Originally posted by Taconicus
'Red Dots' was a nickname for a women's society associated with Theta Nu Epsilon at Kansas. Short for Rho Delta. Something of a 'Sweetheart's Club', depending on your point of view.

Nebraska, Kanasa, and Kansas State were breakaway chapters that somewhat lost the point of the society, and basically turned it into a combination drinking society / quasi-conspiracy. They had their own initiation, and it does seem to cross the line into offensive behavior.

I say quasi-conspiracy since they seem to have been largely ineffectual in any practical sense.

The chapter at Alabama, (another lone breakaway), is usually known as 'The Machiene'. They actually did seem to have been successful at exercising some actual control at Alabama. Nice Wikipedia article for them.

the parts about drinking and offensive behavior makes a lot of sense in my case. my mom said something once about the TNEs being "holy hell raisers." and that would also explain my fathers wanting me to drop the whole thing. he doesn't want his little girl to know if he was naughty lol.

where did you get this information, btw, Taconicus? i've only been able to find a minimum of information and nothing specific about KSU or the surrounding area.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:59 PM
link   
I believe that some of the chapters of TNE are now not part of the national TNE fraterity. Maybe the chapter at KS is one of them. Are you just speaking of the KS chapter?

-- Boat

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:15 PM
link   

I believe that some of the chapters of TNE are now not part of the national TNE fraterity. Maybe the chapter at KS is one of them. Are you just speaking of the KS chapter?

Me?

Nebraska, Kansas, and Kansas State, the three of them, are off on their own together.

Alabama is off on its own, but is in informal contact with the main part of the society.

There are probably a dozen chapters in varying degrees of independence, (from independent-yet-with-cordial-relations to independent-and-forgot-what-it-was-they-were-a-part-of).

The Kansas group should probably be considered a different society by this point: (different initiation, modes of recognition, different purposes and attitudes, et c.)

(By the way, Boat, don't tell ladydiamonds, but the red dot also referred to the condition of a bedsheet.... )

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:32 PM
link   
Interesting stuff T,

Where are you getting your information from? Are you a member?

-- Boat

top topics

<<   2 >>

join