It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Yezidi Satanists

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Hi! So this thread is still active? I was reading something recently which could shed a "conspiratorial" nature to this discussion. Aparently the Yezidi have many members in Russia, some in high places of Goverment. It's being whispered right now in the said nation that the recent displacement of the Cossacks as an informal militia of Russia (the Cossacks pride themselves on being the Guardians of Russia, and played an important part in kicking out Napoleon in 1812) had something to do with a Yezidi group who got fed up with them (The Cossacks are mean spirited to non-Russians in certain sections of that nation where ethnic conflict is a day to day occurence of life). Of course I heard this from a group of Russians with Cossack family members in a Yahoo board ages ago (lol!) so it might not be too credible, yet it is quite interesting. Oh Nygdan, one note on the Yezidi Bull sacrifice: it's not just burnt offereings, it's the annual ritual of Mithraism which they retained. Also Malek Taus is derived from Hebrew Malak not Malik (it indeed means "Angel" or "prophet" in some cases.) The Yezidi do indeed recognize their deity as the "Satan" of Abrahamic religion, but there are differences as we both pointed out (and they would never call Malak Taus Satan since they consider the name offensive). NBC has the peackock as a symbol? Nearly forgot about that. It's also a rainbow aparently (another symbol of Satanism). Coincidence?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If other people worship a god that your religion refers to as the embodiment of evil, yet they do not view their god as the embodiment of evil, what should that be telling you?

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by spamandham
If other people worship a god that your religion refers to as the embodiment of evil, yet they do not view their god as the embodiment of evil, what should that be telling you?

How would Satan veiw himself "Fallen"? "Evil"? or the multitudes of Angels that went with Him veiw themselves? or veiw Satan?i dont think so,why would anybody that see`s Satan as the giver of free will think Him as Evil rather than a deiety that gave us knowlege to be our own God.If this is the case with the Yezidi people.

There are the people that say their Satanists just so they can be rebelious against anything seen as good or proper now days,but they would`nt be the true Satanists in my oppinion.Tho i do understand and believe the Bibles take on" your either for God or against Him".Not that i want to turn this into a Christian debate i do find this Yezidi religion fasinating as it could be the first Satanic worship?

I wonder if Anton Lavey or Aleister Crowley had researched and studied the Yezidi religion?

[edit on 22-1-2006 by gps777]

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 11:33 PM
link   
Lavey did. Crowley not too sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by gps777
How would Satan veiw himself "Fallen"?

With a mirror I suppose, assuming he weren't a fictional character.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nakash
Lavey did.

It would`nt surprise me if both of them did,its just that Lavey is commonly renowned as being the founder of the Church of Satan in this case it would be a better statement to say that he was the founder of it in modern western societies then.

Spamandham i did have a laugh at that,tho i did expect a better response from you.No biggy.

All i was saying even to those entertaining the thought of Gods existance is that Satan would`nt consider himself as fallen so why would those who worship Satan see him as Evil or Fallen,tho God and those who follow God do.I`m only giving my thoughts to the statement you made "everybody`s forgien God is Satan".Which i dont believe to be true.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 03:58 AM
link   
I just finished reading the text,the quotes that stood out the most have already been posted.

I found these quotes baffling as well.

PREFACE
In the Name of the Most Compassionate God!

With the help of the Most High God, and under his direction, we write the history of the Yezidis, their doctrines, and the mysteries of their religion, as contained in their books, which reached our hand with their own knowledge and consent

emphisis mine

AL-JILWAH (THE REVELATION)
Before all creation this revelation was with Melek Ṭâ’ûs, who sent ‘Abd Ṭâ’ûs to this world that he might separate truth known to his particular people.

This was done, first of all, by means of oral tradition, and afterward by means of this book, Al-Jilwah, which the outsiders may neither read nor behold.

emphisis mine.
Why would they give their consent?

From chapter 2

None shall live in this world longer than the time set by me; and if I so desire, I send a person a second or a third time into this world or into some other by the transmigration of souls.

So reincarnation is`nt out of the question.

And from page 48-49 of the Black Book

A layman may marry between the ages of ten and eighty; he may take for a wife one woman after another for a period of one year.On her arrival at the bridegroom's house, he must hit her with a small stone in token of the fact that she must be under his authority. Moreover, a loaf of bread must be broken over her head as a sip to her that she must love the poor and needy. No Yezidi may sleep with his wife on the night the morning of which is Wednesday, and the night the morning of which is Friday. Whosoever does contrary to this commandment is an infidel. If a man steal the wife of his neighbor, or his own former wife, or her sister or mother, he is not obliged to give her dowry, for
p. 49
she is the booty of his hand. Daughters may not inherit their father's wealth. A young lady may be sold as an acre of land is sold. If she refuses to be married, then she must redeem herself by paying her father a sum of money earned by her service and the labor of her hand.

One other part i found strang (as well as many others)was in the telling of creation,they say it was Adam that was given nipples to suckle the young?

Taken from
www.sacred-texts.com...

posted on Apr, 8 2013 @ 10:17 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

<< 1   >>

join