It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

USN seals encounter cryptid in africa - allegedly :P

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:42 PM
link   
a bizzare claim about USN seals filming cryptids in aftrica

link

appologies in advance to any one who clicks the link looking for a vid clip - in true conspiracy fashion it is being " supressed " .

the comments section makes better reading than the article IMHO

enjoy

[edit on 15-1-2006 by ignorant_ape]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:01 PM
link   
Ape like creatures with QUILLS?! That is very, very odd indeed.

I mean, never are they reported with quills now are they?

Otherwise, this seems farfetched. I don't know. Not enough evidence.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:52 PM
link   
The picture looks an awful lot like some of the Chupacabra pictures that I have seen.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 12:42 AM
link   
The Congo and surrounding - undiscovered - areas, most of it thick tropical jungles are filled with all kinds of legends of all kinds of creatures. Most of these legends (more than one legend about more than one creature) are about some sort of fierce predatory creature.
This kalanoro fits in perfectly with the rest of the legends... Dangerous, child snatching animal... that can grow up to 9 ft...!?

Loren Coleman is one of most respected cryptozooligists. In the past he made his ways around the hoaxes, by in most cases staying neutral towards cases.
In this case he is fuelling the fire and strongly stands by his claims.

There are some not so correct statements about Madagascar.

Personally I believe that if a new animal/cryptiod were to be discovered, it will be in Central Africa. There's little evidence to support this particular case, however, and a video would have been groundbreaking. As usual this supposed video will disappear into the abyss of claimed evidence, never to be heard of again. Sad.

Cool find ignorant_ape! Always fun to discover new Cryptiods!

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
it wouldn't suprise me that the military covers up a species. it makes it easier to exploit them without peta stepping in and tossing red paint on them.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:42 PM
link   
Hmm... extraordinary claims, videos that "cant" be shown, people asking to not mention their names, all this occuring at a remote location where we can't verify anything... I'm afraid I need more evidence until I say any more.

posted on Feb, 3 2006 @ 08:27 PM
link   
lets look at something. Throughout all of ATS has there been one ounce of physical proof that would show that these things are real...yes and no...but most of it people just dont want to belive or have been coverd up by the military.

posted on Feb, 4 2006 @ 04:41 AM
link   
Could be Josef Stallin's failed human/ape hybred species that he dumped in the jungles of the world..lol Extreemly highly unlikley, but still possible... lol

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Just a thought (kind of a random one at that, but still a thought...)

[edit on 4-2-2006 by jta79]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Just had a little look, but at work and can't spend loads of time looking.

But can anyone confirm thaht one of these things has been taken alive and paraded through a town?

Sorry it was from the first comment about the story posted.

"Supposedly a live one was captured in 2000 and paraded through the village of Moloundo in Cameroon."

Cabalx

[edit on 6-2-2006 by CabalX]

posted on Feb, 6 2006 @ 12:54 PM
link   
If they were as active as the article describes them to be, then they would surely have been seen by civilized man by now. Especially if they have to be mating and thriwing to keep the species alive.

posted on Feb, 8 2006 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I'd love to see the video footage. Why wold the footage of animals like that be classified? Maybe pictures of the seals, but they could blur them out and disguise their voices. It seems to me like its pretty out there, but I would really like to belive. I'd love to take a trip there and search for one. I think finding something like that would be awesome. I'm not sure the rumors mean a whole lot, people always create moster stories, but then again you never know.

posted on Feb, 13 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Regardless of what you might want to believe, Coleman's source's claim to have been a SEAL, especially one operating in the DRC during those years, is absolutely bogus. He is just another wanna-be frogman hiding behind a veil of lies. Guaranteed. You can safely disregard any further "findings" the source may produce and dismiss the whole story as a hoax.

top topics

join