It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aliens and Jesus.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:06 PM
link   
Hello there. I haven't posted in about a month and finally found my password (Yah, I forgot I could get it emailed to me - but thats just my stupid self
)
Now then, I was reading a book at my friend's (Well, more like scanning it) And I came across a thing that said "An English inventor invented a pair of 'special' shoes that allowed you to walk on water. It was not a fiction book. So, I got to thinking. What if, like many have said before, Jesus had "advanced" technologies to perform these miracles. So, What does everyone think of Jesus having a pair of these shoes. So,
#1: What does everyone think of this 'hypothesis'?
#2: Can anyone confirm that these shoes were infact invented?

Thanks and hello again

WD

ID

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Well, if the shoes are real then it would seal it for me that Jesus was no savior. I mean hell David Coperfeild can pull off the water to wine trick and the fish and bread thing is a simple trick.

On a side note when I first scanned over this topic I read the title as "Aliens VS Jesus." Haha that would be hilarious.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:20 PM
link   
well they would have to be some really killer shoes, i mean from my understanding, when paul sank into the water trying to walk to Jesus, Jesus held out his hand and paul then walked on the water with Jesus back to the boat.

so making shoes that walk on water really proves nothign, all it would take is enough water displacement to off set the persons weight. nothing cutting edge.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 09:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID
Well, if the shoes are real then it would seal it for me that Jesus was no savior. I mean hell David Coperfeild can pull off the water to wine trick and the fish and bread thing is a simple trick.

On a side note when I first scanned over this topic I read the title as "Aliens VS Jesus." Haha that would be hilarious.

I think Jesus would still win.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Yes, there are many varieties of such shoes... However, likely not what you are thinking... They were mostly used by Ninjas and assassins and consisted of floats that fit over shoes, and then the wearer would pole himself across moats, rivers, etc. so he wouldn't get his gear wet.

I don't think Jesus used such shoes... Like many ancient "miracles" I believe that Jesus' feats were exaggerated or outright lies. From many non-Christian sources, it appears that his mother Mary, is the likely one who pushed for her son's status as savior. Most such accounts paint Jesus as rather reluctant in this role. Many such miracles are as recounted by Mary, not others... Some of which, like the ressurection of Lazerus, could have simply been medical misdiagnoses of the time. It is well documented, that even as late as the 1800's, sometimes people were buried alive because "doctors" thought they were dead.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 04:16 PM
link   
The only shoes I know which you can walk acros or over water is a dutch invention. Some kind of small canos atached to your feets.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 04:18 PM
link   
As I mentioned...many varieties....and from different inventors and countries...

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 05:16 PM
link   
OK, well thanks for your replies and the clarification about the shoes. Yes, I agree that many 'miracles' could have been hoaxes, or not...we'll never truly know. But I guess that is what makes a miracle and miracle - something you can't explain.

WD

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:32 AM
link   
Those shoes by that english inventor are very big and look ridiculous! If jesus had some sort of shoes like it he probably would have been laughed upon as a fool.

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:00 AM
link   
No it goes more like this...

PERSON A: He moved so effortlessly through the crowd...almost as if he were walking on water...

PERSON B: He moved effortlessly, walking on water almost...

PERSON C: He moved effortlessly as he walked on the water...

[Edited on 3-10-2003 by Gazrok]

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Well it is debatable whether Christ performed miracles anyways.

Christ was a teacher of spiritual truths, miracles are much less important. Though I do believe in his ability to heal others.

What are miracles or wonders anyways?

You topic header points out that they may be little more than advanced technology.

But a real miracle is the ability to heal or transcend, that which is closer to the creator.

top topics

join