It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Digi-TV box bid to signal alien invasion blocked by RAF choppers

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:20 AM
link   

A two hour RAF rescue operation in the Portsmouth area earlier this month finally traced the source of a distress call to a "faulty" digital TV set-top box. Suspicious? We should be - this may be our final opportunity to frustrate a Lizard Planet battlefleet timed to arrive for the terrestrial TV switch-off in 2012.
theregister.co.uk

this story just sounds bogus to me but its speaks of 2012 and aliens ect so i thougt you would like to read it .

i will read your conclusions ect for example if it is or isn't bogus

mod edit to use "ex" instead of "quote"
Posting work written by others. **ALL MEMBERS READ**
Quote Reference.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:48 AM
link   
The Register were just joking around.

Firstly: in 2012, in the UK, our analogue TV signal is supposed to be switched off as most (hopefully or they won't get TV) people will have some form of Digital TV. Hence the 2012 reference.

Secondly: The Register is a technical information and news stories site, as it's for internet bods, it's not unsual that they've come across stories of aliens and stuff, hence the Lizard reference.

It's nothing more than them trying to be "funny"

Nowt else in that story and certainly not serious.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:32 PM
link   
What do Lizard aliens have to do with a TV acting strange?

I fail to see the connection between a TV broadcasting a signal and an alien invasion in 2012. Sounds like people jumping to conclusions if you ask me.

Though I do admit it is strange that a TV would actually broadcast something, being that they are designed to receive broadcasts, not to emit them. Could it be a malfunction? O_o; No...I don't think its possible...

[edit on 15-1-2006 by Kacen]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:02 PM
link   
The Register has had a long standing history of publishing stories of "technology" go awry. Recently it was stories of public conveniences (called SupaLoos here in the UK) doing wierd things - like opening doors at inappropriate times - or cleaning themseleves with the occupant still inside. This is yet another of those stories - simply combining some of the things they obviously read on other sites (hey if i read and post here and read the Register on a regular basis they probably do the same thing)
The 2012 connection is accurate as we are due to lose Terrestial broadcast in that year - however with the successful bid by London for the Olympics that year it now seems much more likely that this date will be deffered until some time further on.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I read this story earlier on the BBC website, and it doesn’t mention reptiles or 2012.
All the same it’s weird that a receiver can transmit a signal, broadcast on an emergency frequency and transmit a SOS signal.
More like big brother to me.

Here's the story

top topics

join