It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Please Help! Advice on my pets!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Ok... 3 weeks before christmas me and my girlfriend went and bought a new kitten. We've had it ever since and its so playful and cuddly, I love it, and my girlfriend is a cat lover as am I. Friday night me and my friends are walking to the bar and I see 2 baby kittens outside on the road, its like 1AM and I am blown away 2 baby kittens are out in this cold weather. (canada)

So after a few minutes of them following me I called a cab and took them home. I gave one to my friend and kept the other one for myself and girlfriend. So now I have the same cat for the last month or so, thats not a kitten anymore but far from a full grown cat. And this new kitten which probably is only a few weeks old.

As you can imagine, the older one now is beyond jealous. They are always fighting and I am at my wits end. giving this 2nd kitten away is not an option, but I need help with this situation. How can I help them get along better? I heard washing them together which will give them the same smell would help, but i am not sure how much truth is in that. I realize after awhile they will probably begin to get along but does anyone have any ideas of what can speed up this process.

My heart breaks when I see the older cat so jealous and will not come near me. As I sit here on the couch writing this post, the baby kitten is next to me, while the older one is across the room staring.

Someone share some much needed advice!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
For what it's worth, Chissler ... just give it some time.?!

My wife recently "introduced" a new member to the clan, now 5 strong, and while the initial "welcome" from the existing 4 was far from warm, over time they seemed to have worked out their differences

Now it's not uncommon to find the newbie (Roo) taking cat naps with one of the others.

Maybe they will never get along, but our experience has been, "Time heals all wounds" :shk:

Sorry that just found it's way onto the keyboard

Good Luck!

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:51 AM
link   
lol i have been there a few times lol

Ok it will take a little time but heres some ways to help

1, Make them eat together, also get a slightly damp cloth and rub just above the eye brow of the kitten, this is the scent gland, play with your bigger cat with this hloding it up with him to smell,

also do this with bedding ect, or even on your hands,

good luck

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:22 PM
link   
I just came home from being out for about 2 hours and found them asleep together

I hope this trend continues...

thanks for the advice though guys, much appreciated.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Yeah, just give it some time, and make sure to give your older cat love and attention too so it doesn't think you don't care about it anymore.

Everything will eventually work out fine.

new topics

top topics

join