It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crying Wolf. We have been hearing peak oil in 10 years since 1914

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:31 AM
link   
worldnetdaily.com...

Very interesting findings here. We've been hearing Peak Oil in 10 years for almost one hundred years now. What is going on.

Even Jimmy Carter stated that we would reach Peak Oil by the end of the 80's when he was president.

Huberts Peak says we will reach peak Oil by 2020.

The problem with this is that this prediction was made in the 70's right?
And it didn't take into account the way things went just in the past few years with the increased demand for Gas Guzzling SUV's, the increased consumption in China and India and other countries around the world.

Oil Consumption infact is way above what Huberts Peak Predicted.

I think that if Peak Oil wasn't a Corporate Media Scare Tactic then we should have hit Peak Oil around 2000 Roughly. We really should have hit Peak Oil by now.

The only aspect of Peak Oil I believe is that if the conditions are fixed so that Peak oil is possible then it will happen. That Peak Oil is allowed to happen. Based on the advance of technology we have the capability of Preventing Peak Oil but the Oil Corporations will not allow that to happen.

Oil is a mechanism of controlling the population.

Since The Politics of Oil is based on Greed of the Oil Corporations then you can definately count on Peak Oil and 10$/Gallon at least.

Question is. What are we going to do about this? Since the Oil Corporations have no vested interest in Preventing Peak Oil by investing in other technologies then it is up to us to dictate to the Oil Corporations that we will not allow Peak Oil to happen. We have the ability to do anything we put our minds to.

What are you planning to do once the Oil Corporations start jacking up the prices and telling us we've hit peak oil? It's time to start seriously thinking and planning.

What is everyone's opinon on this? How are the people going to solve peak oil? This isn't one of those things that you can simply shrug off like conspiracy theories. This presents a major problem. If the Oil Corporations are going to continue to suppress incredible technology that can elimnate the dependcy on Oil then what are WE going to do about it?

We're going to need to do something. Expecting Bush and the Oil Corporations to come up with a solution for us is not going to happen.

Here's another idea. If you want to solve terrorism then eliminating the dependency on Oil is a really good start. It's the only option that really would have any affect.

If Bush really wants to win the war on terror like he says then why hasn't he ended the dependency on Oil? He's had five years to at least get started on something and instead GM and Ford destroyed all of their Electric/Solar prototype vehicles and if you ask me the shift to alternative fuels and different types of cars has been going rather slowly. Too slowly.

Could it be that the Oil Corporations have a huge vested interest in his Presidency?

[edit on 15-1-2006 by jinsanity]

[edit on 15-1-2006 by jinsanity]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by jinsanity

Could it be that the Oil Corporations have a huge vested interest in his Presidency?

Well, I would think that would have to be it, right? But let me further the statement. Since Reagan did away with the Alternative Energy Tax Credit as the Windfall Profit Tax went away, not a single president has done anything worth mentioning in this area. And that includes a two-term Democrat. Whatever "vested interest" the oil companies may have in presidents - it seems it was a bipartisan purchase!

I'm severely disappointed in my government's inaction concerning the promotion of alternative energy, conservation, and improvements to industrial processes that could decrease emissions.

[edit on 1-15-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Agreed. Alternative forms of energy are the future. I mean whats the most abundent resource in the world? Water.

I just recently heard of a kid in grade 7 who made some kind of modified engine and it ran on of all things Pickle Juice!

Alternative energy is the future...but not with the current system. Clearly there is going to have to be a full-scale Revolution before that happens.

Doesn't seem like a bad idea right? The founding fathershad to resort to a Revolution and the more we think about it the better of an idea it is.

I don't mind carrying a rifle and fighting for my meals. Ever since Bush has been shaping himself to repeat aspects of the Nazi Regime I have had an itchy trigger finger for far too long.

When Martial Law is declared you can legally go out and kill as many Facist Police Pigs as you want. Nobody won't say nothin.

join