It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What would happen if one was to create a anti-gravity field within a black hole?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Would the black hole dissolve? or would it explode?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:14 AM
link   
And how do you propose to create this field in the middle of a blackhole? Whatever you used would be torn apart before it even reached the blackhole. Does make you wonder though would could happen. Maybe a rip

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:21 AM
link   
As there's not really an inside to a black hole, and as one can't create anything in the unbelievable gravity of a black hole, and as no such thing as an anti-gravity field has ever solidly been predicted to exist and widely accepted, let alone generated, I'd have to say that your question is unanswerable in the same way you couldn't really answer the following.

"What if a Horse were 10 distinct horses, and they were all different sizes? Would you see a different horse every time you looked?"

-- It's a crazy question, that would probably have a very interesting and meaningful answer - If it were answerable, which it really, inherently, isn't.

Despite all of that I'd say that it would cause the temporary formation of a naked singularity. The only real use of which would be to get to the singularity and examine it - however, as you couldn't have generated this anti-grav field around the singularity without being able to be close to it and - presumably - to examine it, I'd say the whole thing would be kind of pointless.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by NetStorm
And how do you propose to create this field in the middle of a blackhole? Whatever you used would be torn apart before it even reached the blackhole. Does make you wonder though would could happen. Maybe a rip
make it generate one for your ship/itself (giving you and itself no gravitational mass) until you are in the center at which case you switch it on so it generates a larger one.

new topics

top topics

join