It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The REAL reason Iran is a threat to USA

page: 1

join
share:
la2

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   
According to a National Geographic documentry shown on UK satellite TV this week, Iran is facing a similar path that Iraq took!

It refered to the Petro-Dollar cycle, in which US insists that oil is sold in Dollars. The oil producing nations keep all the money gained from sales of oil in the federal reserve, in new york.

In 2000, Saddam began sellin oil in EURO's, this ment the US had to sell more goods to Europe in order to buy the iraqi oil. As history will record, Sadam didn't last much longer.

Now..... in 2005 Iran announce plans to open an oil exchange, for selling oil, an idea welcomed by the oil producing countries, particularly Saudi Arabia. Heres the sinch, the exchange will sell oil in Euro's, suddenly Iran is on the US hit list.

If oil is sold in anything but Dollars, the US will go bankrupt, the G8 will be totally different countries and US global supremecy will end!!!

IRAN HOPES TO OPEN THE OIL EXCHANGE, BACKED BY ALL THE MAJOR OIL COUNTRIES IN AUGUST 2006, IF BUSH AINT BOMBED BY THEN!!!

la2

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:36 PM
link   
why is the USA so scared of other countries becoming able to challenge US economic supremacy, i think it would really make USA work harder, rather than just oppress the world.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:50 PM
link   
Serious stuff. I'm suprised this was revealed in a National Geographic documentary. Do you remember any more? Anyone else got info?

I'll see if I can get a copy.

Steve

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:55 PM
link   
I think this has been discussed on a another thread, id find it but its late and im tired

Oil, as far as im aware , has been sold is US Dollars since the 70's and the US has an agreement with Saudi Arabia to only sell Oil for US Dollars in return for Military aid etc. As Saudi Arabia is the biggest Oil producer in the World it influenced the rest of the Worlds big Oil producers to go the same way.
If OPEC decided to drop the Dollar in favour of the Euro then it would do untold harm to the US economic system as a rather large chunk of US income comes from the buying and selling of Oil.
Iran would therefore become a twofold threat, Nuclear and economic. I doubt that Saudi Arabia would go along with Iran on this and Iraq will do what the US tells it to do.
Saddam did indeed start selling Oil for Euros in 2001 i believe and it got him nowhere, i cant see any other counrty wanting to risk US ire over this. But i have been wrong before.
The US employs what is known as the petro Dollar cycle.
A country sells goods and sevices to the US for US dollars. They then use those US Dollars to buy Oil from say Saudi Arabia. Saudi Arabia then give a portion of theose Dollars to the US who put it in to the national reserve and the cycle starts again.
Simple idea but very profitable for the US, apparently Saudi Arabia give the US something like 80 Bil a year for the US to "hold" but the US is allowed to use those Dollars as it sees fit in return for supporting Saudi Arabia and ensuring the House of Saud continues to prosper.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by Janus]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:58 PM
link   
Janus, if Iran does this, what do you think the consequences would be? Realistically?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Janus
I think this has been discussed on a another thread,

And is:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add your comments there.

Thread closed.

top topics

join