It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Area 51 Sat. Images by me Pics are Below ppl Srry

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:01 PM
link   

GO BELOW TO SEE PICS

Seeing if this works. if not i give up. i have lots of pics on my pc but i dont know any good websites to manage my photos and then put them on this site. srry if this doesnt work. Does any1 have any ideas?

GO BELOW TO SEE PICS

To bad you cant just upload pics.

Tell me any sites if you know any. plz.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by A R E A 5 1 N E W B]

GO BELOW TO SEE PICS

Mod Edit: CAP title

[edit on 15-1-2006 by kinglizard]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:09 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:03 PM
link   
Hey thanks alot.

This is just the view of Area 51 as a whole basically.

This is a closer view showing groom lake. Towards the top left is a park...?? Ya I have a zoomed up picture. I dunno how or why its there.

So this is the close up view of the park north west of area 51. Why would there be water, 2 or 3 waterfalls it looks like, tree, grass, in a DESERT??? Its right beside Groom lake. A lake that is dried up...

This is the north west side of Area 51. Note the green park beside it, and Groom lake just east to the small lake. Also in the lake is the longest air strip in the world i heard. in zoomed out views you can see how huge it is.

This is the north/central side of Area 51. To the left is a baseball diamond in Area 51. ??? lol. Near the bottom, with the white building is supposiveley the entrance to the underground part. In the top right it looks like a missle launcher. just looks like it to me.

South side. Nothing much there. just the entrance/exit to the strips.

So ya, im sure you can figure out what this is. A baseball diamond. but why??? lol. probably for free time but it looks weird amongst the desert and Area 51 itself.

Heres a pic of the three planes they use to ship the workers in and out of area 51. theres also trees beside one of the buildings. Weird? Dunno.

here is 2 jet fighters in Area 51. ya. Only 2 are shown. Wheres the rest? probably in the bunkers, but im surprised they had 2 out that day. Area 51 is pretty boring so far. lol.

Heres the zoomed out pic of area 51. it looks like it was taken with a totally diff satalite. cover up? is this even real? like come on. Waterfalls, Baseball diamonds. weird. Also look at the next pic, its pretty weird.

This is a blacked out location near Area 51. So why would they black this out but not area 51 itself? weird. can anyone explain??? Pretty stupid if you ask me

So this is Craters near Area 51 done by nukes supposively. I do believe it. nothign from like aliens. but why so many? theres at least 200. theres even more north of the pic, including a huge one at the top. The pic is even tilted so you see more.

Heres the Huge crater. I turned it and tilted it, and showed how many miles it would take to cross it going into it. 0.27 miles! I dunno if thats really huge. but its prettty big still! I think?

Heres a whole bunch of circles near Area 51 in the Desert. NOTE: The text beisde the blue i I did not write. others did. One of the i's say "Area 51 target # 2 of 3". But is it? I dunno why they would mark it in the desert though...?

This is a set of cross hairs it looks like. I had another pic of a different set but it does not work for some odd reason.

This is the side angle tilt view of Area 51s main buildings. looks cool. to bad building are not 3d. ( Only terrain is )

LAST PIC: ( THE COOLEST )

So this is a triangle/Circle thing near Area 51. its pretty weird. Wonder wut its for. You ppl have imaginations. im sure you can think of a few things. I added the ATS logo. It looks cool.

GOT PICTURES BY PRINTING SCREEN WHILE IN GOOGLE EARTH THEN EDITED THEM (MADE THEM SMALLER, ADDED TEXT TO IT IN PAINT) THEN TRANSFERRED THEM TO TINY PIC. THANKS FOR THE PERSON WHO TOLD ME ABOUT IT.

Any one got any thoughts questions about these pics?

I got more pics on my pc, but wanted to see the response out of these first.

If you want to know the exact co-ordinates of Area 51 or any other location of these pics ill be glad to tell you, just ask.

Thanks for looking and plz reply.

Sorry if im such a newb. lol.

Xon

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Hey, nice post. They have a baseball diamond to play some baseball when they are not working, and a park maybe to relax in. There is other parks like that around area 51, yea it is in the desert but it is high above the sea surfes, in the winter there is snow and there are some trees there, I have been at the border and around Area 51, And the bace have one of the longest air strip in the world, I cant remember how long it is but if you read some treats about area 51 we have write aboute it before. There is not much millitary plane activity at the bace during day time, Only during some redflags I have heard. And area 51 was å test bomb site before so that's why there are so many craters around the bace.

Sorry for my bad english

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:36 AM
link   
I've read that the runway length is 35,000'.

About triple of many large jet capable runways.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Great satellite pics

The craters are probably bombing test sites (nuclear or non) and maybe that big big crater was a MOAB test?

Also, is it just me, or is that little forested lake glowing green?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Nice post , I like the effort you've gone to in putting all these images together. I have to say I've never seen that park before and it does strike me as a little strange, seems quite extravegant just for the benefit of workers at the base. Also it never fails to fascinate me seeing the strange markings and paths they've made around the base, like the triangle. I would love to hear a plausible explanation for them.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 11:56 AM
link   
Ya i thought the craters would be some bomb tests or nukes. On google earth if i put on this thing that has little I ' s in the pics like in a few of the others it says beside each crater nuke test # XX. i would have posted that but the words block most of the craters. Only ppl who work in Area 51 i guess would know why theres triangles, circles, and cross circles beside the base. The parks and b-ball diamond just look funny to me among Area 51.

Thanks to the ppl who complimented me about the pics. itt took me 30 mins to take em all and edit but like 2 hours to find a site like tinypic.com. lol.

I could see how long the runway is in google earth using the same thing i did for the big crater pic. ill post it later maybe.

[edit on 15-1-2006 by A R E A 5 1 N E W B]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Heres the longest runway if anyone interested.

Longest runway? Just over 4 1/2 Miles. pretty big. It extends into the dryed up lake.

Also the bottom of the pic shows the location if anyone is interested.

Xon

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:34 PM
link   
On my trip to area 51 we stoped whit a litle park like that, near the extraterrestaial higway sign. The water was warm and there was some trees and flowers. I have a picture of the sign whit trees and snow on the mountain, if I only know how to poste them
But that was not so far from area 51

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:06 PM
link   
Wow you know your stuff Shadowhawk

Ya sorry if the info is incorect, as im newb. look at my name. lol. I was wondering, how do you know that stuff? The specific years and the names of the teams.

Have you done alot of research? Seems like it.

Xon, sheck out tinypic.com

Just upload it, and copy the text on the side if you have the pics on your computer. I'd really like to see them.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:08 PM
link   
Wow you know your stuff Shadowhawk

Ya sorry if the info is incorect, as im newb. look at my name. lol. I was wondering, how do you know that stuff? The specific years and the names of the teams.

Have you done alot of research? Seems like it.

Xon, sheck out tinypic.com

Just upload it, and copy the text on the side if you have the pics on your computer. I'd really like to see them.

Xon

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:15 AM
link   
Here is the picture, It is not far from Area 51. I doent have picture of the water on my computer but I can try to get them. But as you can see snow and trees

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Nice pic. why is there a black square in the corner?

I never knew there could be snow down there.

I'm from Canada btw so i dunno much about the climate.

Xon

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
The black square is the car
I did black it out becouse it isent my car and I doent know if I am alowed to post picture of the car

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
Good post, and thanks for the pictures. You have some interesting ones.

But horrible choice on the font you used to type on the pictures, almost impossible to read some of them. Next time just go with an arial/tahoma bold font

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
Many of these pictures have appeared before on ATS and other forums.

The "Green Park" northwest of Groom Lake has been discussed at great length on another ATS thread. It is the "Slater Lake" reservoir, built as a recreation area during the OXCART program in the 1960s. It was stocked with fish and named after Col. Hugh "Slip" Slater, the base commander at the time.

The softball field was built around the same time. In the 1960s, the Area 51 softball team, called the "8-Ballers," played against other teams from the Nevada Test Site, including the Area 12 "Mets" and the Motor Pool "Truckers." I have the pleasure of personally knowing some of the "8-Ballers."

The building labeled "Entrance to underground section" is actually Hangar 19, the Arm/De-Arm Scoot-N-Hide shed. Aircraft used to be able to enter one end and taxi out the other, but the old taxiway has been closed. Now, they must enter and exit the north end. Since this image was taken, the hangar has been extended on the north and south ends until its length was tripled.

The "blacked out location" appears to be a sump drainage pond.

The area dotted with many craters is Yucca Flat on the Nevada Test Site. The pits are subsidence craters resulting from underground nuclear detonations.

The "huge crater" was created in 1962 by a test called SEDAN. It was part of the Plowshare program to demonstrate excavation techninges using nuclear explosives. Such techniques would have been used to build new harbors, canals, and highway passes through the mountains.

Several of the pictures show bomb targets on the Nellis Air Force Range. The triangular target with the concentric circles is one of sevral old targets on Tonopah Test Range.

The so-called "longest runway in the world" is actually a fairly average runway with an extremely long emergency overrun on the northend. It was first built in the 1960s for OXCART (the Lockheed A-12) and included an 8,500-foot-long concrete strip with an asphalt overrun for emergency aborts. The overrun was never intended to serve as an operational airstrip and was not built to withstand continuous use and takeoff loads. The south end of the airstrip was extended 5,000 feet in the 1980s because of flooding on the north end. Eventually, the entire airstrip was closed and replaced with the airstrip on the right.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:53 AM
link   
Hey Kyle,

Nice pics.

I see you're from Edmonton and was wondering if you have checked out the UFO landing pad in St. Paul, Alberta. I was thinking of making a trip, but wonder if it's even worth my time.

Xon

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowhawk
The so-called "longest runway in the world" is actually a fairly average runway with an extremely long emergency overrun on the northend. It was first built in the 1960s for OXCART (the Lockheed A-12) and included an 8,500-foot-long concrete strip with an asphalt overrun for emergency aborts. The overrun was never intended to serve as an operational airstrip and was not built to withstand continuous use and takeoff loads. The south end of the airstrip was extended 5,000 feet in the 1980s because of flooding on the north end. Eventually, the entire airstrip was closed and replaced with the airstrip on the right.

Yea thats right but wasent it build for the U2? I have heard that u2 was the first plane they tested at this area?? sorry if I am wrong

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:55 PM
link   
The U-2 runway, built in 1955, is now mostly under the taxiway on the east edge of the 737 parking ramps. There are helicopter parking pads on the north end of the old U-2 runway now, just south of the edge of the lakebed.

Because the asphalt U-2 runway could not be improved to support the A-12, a new concrete airstrip (runway 14/32) was built and the U-2 runway became a taxiway.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join