It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Welcome to Bushland: A Complete State of Lawlessness

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:50 PM
link   
*I am putting this under WoT b/c Bush himself, feebly claims that spying on US citizens has to do with protecting us from terrorists, in his so-called WoT.

BushCo. is so out of touch with reality. They have spent so much time
in their little oval office bubble, breathing that toxic and rarified air, that
they have actually convinced themselves that they can break any law
they please and will not have to answer for it. They're living in a la la
land, a complete state of lawlessness.

The Lawbreaker in the Oval Office
by Bob Herbert
The New York Times
January 12, 2006

The country has set the bar so low for the performance of George W. Bush as president that it is effectively on the ground.

No one expects very much from Mr. Bush. He's currently breaking the law by spying on Americans in America without getting warrants, but for a lot of people that's just George being George. Forget the complexities of the Foreign Intelligence Surveillance Act, or even the Fourth Amendment's safeguards against unwarranted (pun intended) government intrusion into matters that we have a right to keep private. www.topplebush.com...

PARANOID PENTAGON, ADMINISTRATION OUT OF CONTROL

The DoD and NSA have been spying on peace groups. As if they
pose some kind of threat. It's absurd.
The latest info. coming out on this regards groups being spied on who are peacefully and lawfully protesting the Iraq War & recruiting among high school students. Under the first ammendment, parents have every legal right, not to mention moral right, to protect their children from recruiters. To
classify these dissenters as a threat is outrageous and just proves beyond all doubt how unhinged this administration and its lackeys at Defense have
become.

What I'd like to know is who instigated this program? Who is in charge? Is
this one of paranoid Donald Rumsfeld's "brilliant" ideas? And how much of
our taxpayer money is going into this unlawful activity? Whoever is in charge of this program, should, at the very least, be fired.

Let's face it. The reason those paranoids are spying on peace groups is
b/c they KNOW they are in the wrong and they see US, the citizens of this
country, as the greatest threat to their lawlessness. They are beyond out of control.

Pentagon Spied on Concerned Peace Moms in Atlanta
By Sarah Epting, Staff Writer, Atlanta Progressive News (January 10, 2006)

(APN) ATLANTA--"Don’t they have anything to do? I am just a mom of a teenage son. I just don’t want my son or anyone else go to a stupid war," Susan Keith told Atlanta Progressive News.

Last week, Keith learned the Pentagon has been spying on her protests against public schools participating in military recruitment.

"I think it is a big waste of our money and [the government’s] time to be spying on citizens," Keith said.

She said she doesn’t know why the government would see their protest as a threat, "unless they thought we were going to do some terrorist activity, but we’re the Peace coalition."
www.atlantaprogressivenews.com...

NSA: Free Speech is a Weapon of Mass Destruction
Wednesday January 11th 2006, 9:46 am

As further evidence the Bushcons are not interested in snooping “al-Qaeda,” and in fact there is no “al-Qaeda” threat in America, consider revelations that the NSA snooped the Pledge of Resistance-Baltimore, a Quaker peace group. “The National Security Agency has been spying on a Baltimore anti-war group, according to documents released during litigation, going so far as to document the inflating of protesters’ balloons, and intended to deploy units trained to detect weapons of mass destruction,” reports the Raw Story. “According to the documents, the Pledge of Resistance-Baltimore, a Quaker-linked peace group, has been monitored by the NSA working with the Baltimore Intelligence Unit of the Baltimore City Police Department.” Of course, it is completely absurd that the NSA and the Baltimore police would actually believe a small group of Quakers have weapons of mass destruction, that is unless they believe the Bill of Rights is a weapon of mass destruction.
kurtnimmo.com...

What's it going to take to bring these corrupt and cowardly "leaders" to justice, as they would say?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Wanna know what the kicker is? Bush authorized this BEFORE 9-11. I wonder why?
Perhaps he/they knew something we didn't....

Bush Authorized Domestic Spying Before 9/11
By Jason Leopold
t r u t h o u t | Perspective
Friday 13 January 2006

James Risen, author of the book State of War and credited with first breaking the story about the NSA's domestic surveillance operations, said President Bush personally authorized a change in the agency's long-standing policies shortly after he was sworn in in 2001.

"The president personally and directly authorized new operations, like the NSA's domestic surveillance program, that almost certainly would never have been approved under normal circumstances and that raised serious legal or political questions," Risen wrote in the book. "Because of the fevered climate created throughout the government by the president and his senior advisers, Bush sent signals of what he wanted done, without explicit presidential orders" and "the most ambitious got the message."
www.truthout.org...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:10 PM
link   
So we have another NIXON on our hands? Most currupt President yet if you ask me and do not forget most corrupt-corrupt Vice-President the world has ever known....

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by sensorstar
So we have another NIXON on our hands? Most currupt President yet if you ask me and do not forget most corrupt-corrupt Vice-President the world has ever known....

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:16 PM
link   
The Bush administration is the most corrupt administration in history. They are also the most inept. Worst ever, hands down.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:28 PM
link   
I hope this goes to the Politics Forum soon. I feel like I have to take a shower just being in the same forum with this mudpit junk.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Well I have to add, I am getting worry of how the President is bypassing the congress on decisions using his executives powers.

Why I am worry? because taking in consideration that Bush political party have the congress I find it very troublesome.

Is he trying to render the congress obsolete?

Or establishing his rule over the congress in case the congress splits during elections this year.

I wonder.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
I dont know why, but i get the feeling that congress is going to turn on this mad man eventually. Republicans, yes, Republicans too. Just call it a hunch, it may not seem it now, but he's going to push too far and all hell is going to break loose.

Just a hunch. This goes even for those rabid Republicans.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by eaglewingz
I hope this goes to the Politics Forum soon. I feel like I have to take a shower just being in the same forum with this mudpit junk.

Boo hoo. The truth hurts, doesn't it.

Whoever decided this should be moved out of the WoT forum must not have ever heard their president speak.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Yes, the direction of the wind is changing.

You will not hear this from your reliable mainstream media, but Republicans, too, are very unhappy with today's state of affairs; those who are not wrapped up in this Abramoff mess, that is. Were it not for the fact that I believe these clowns would fake a terror attack if so cornered, I'd say I can't wait for the GOP to lose the House and/or the Senate. I've been a Republican all my life, for those of you who do not know that.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Mainstream media; What would happen to these 24/7 clowns if they did not agree with this Bush administration? They would have to leave their jobs. They are accustomed to a certain style of living $$$ and they will lie thru their teeth bringing you dissinformation if thats what it takes to feed the family.
Look at Geraldo Rivera,
I remember when he was totally against this bogus war, and all of a sudden he was for it and imbedded in it to boot. What a joke. Its money. They dont care what they spew even if they have to go throw up after the show.

Gimme that money. You want to be on TV and keep your livelyhood? You will report in a certain way or you are out.

I'd like to see one, just one of them say:" Ladies and gentlemen, tonight is my farewell because i do not want to go on reporting lies"

Now that would be sweet.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Did you ever see the movie "Network?"

That's pretty much the gist of that movie. It's a classic.

You should check it out.

top topics

join