It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

xmb!!! ahhhh

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:48 AM
link   
hi this site is oviously programmed in php and more specifically in xmb

i've been trying to make my own form at home using this and after trying to get apache, php and sql trying to talk to each other i soon gave up on it to use easyphp which is a little app that has sql php and apache ready to go aparently.

But nope i get no joy when installing xmb (localhost is working and i should mention i'm trying to set it up completly locally) so can anybody help me?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:53 AM
link   
What exactly is the problem? Does the installer run, and you can do the steps? Or does it stop working when it actually installs, and you get MySQL errors?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:07 AM
link   
it says:

Checking PHP version.......................................................OK
Checking Directory Structure...............................................OK
Checking Required Files....................................................OK
Checking Database Files....................................................OK
Checking Database API......................................................OK
Checking Database Connection Security......................................WARNING

Security hazard
You have configured XMB to use root access to the database, this is a security hazard. If your server gets hacked, or php itself crashes, the config.php file might be available freely to anyone looking at it, and thus reveal your root username/password. Please consider making a new user for XMB to run as.
Checking Database Connection...............................................OK
Checking Database Version..................................................OK
Checking Full Url Compliance...............................................WARNING

Configuration Notice
XMB could not verify that you have your $full_url correctly configured. If this is configured wrong, it will silently prevent logging in later on in the process. However, if you're sure it's correct, then you can safely ignore this notice.
Could not locate database "moodle". Please make sure it exists before trying again!

i installed earler a moodle bundle (moodle is a virtual learning environment) the bundle came with sql, php, apache pre configured so i thought i could get it working that way, but it did'nt so i got rid of moodle and installed easyphp do you think there may bea refference to moodle somewhere?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Find the MySQL administration in EasyPHP and create a new user. Then create a new database, something like xmb. Then change config.php to reflect these new changes.

$full_url in config.php is also wrong. It should be something like localhost...[ForumPathHere]/

[edit on 1-14-2006 by dreamlandmafia]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:06 AM
link   
ok thanks i'll try that

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreamlandmafia
Find the MySQL administration in EasyPHP and create a new user. Then create a new database, something like xmb. Then change config.php to reflect these new changes.

$full_url in config.php is also wrong. It should be something like localhost...[ForumPathHere]/

[edit on 1-14-2006 by dreamlandmafia]

you wouldn't know how to get to the mysql admin would you?

i found mysqladmin.exe

and tried to do it through there but i got this:

D:\Program Files\EasyPHP1-8\mysql\bin> mysqladmin drop xmb19
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'ODBC'@'localhost' (using password: NO)'

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:50 AM
link   
right ignore the last post that was just me being dumb ive done everything you suggest and still get the same message

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:12 AM
link   
If easyphp is giving you problems try getting phpdev its yet another AMP (Apache, MySQL, PHP) package that I've used numerous times to run not only XMB but phpBB, MyBB, Drupal, and many others. I know its a bit much to ask you to install a third piece of software but I know for sure that phpdev works fine and it includes a copy of phpMyAdmin that lets you connect to localhost... and then manipulate your databases instead of having to use the command line interface. A word to the wise dont use this as a production setup as its not configured for security but rather to work out of the box.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:37 PM
link   
ok i'll try that but i have a feeling it wont work because of moodle still hanging around on my system somwhere lol

new topics

top topics

join