It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

666?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Can anyone tell me where it actually came from, I know its related to the devil and all that but what does it actually mean??

Is it a cursed number or something?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:54 AM
link   
its from the passage in the chapter revalation (new testament of the bible), and has blossomed into the obbsession with it from

This calls for wisdom. If anyone has insight, let him calculate the number of the beast, for it is man's number. His number is 666.

Though there is much debate as to the translations and accuracy of this from the original meaning.

Of interest its not the only time it comes up in the bible

The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents,

1Kings 10:14

also

The weight of the gold that Solomon received yearly was 666 talents,

same as above but from 2 Chronicles 9:13

and then

of Adonikam 666

Ezra 2:13

But the theory of the antichrist devil and "666" comes from my first quote as it is meant to be describing the End Times and the antichrist.

some interesting threads here on similair stuff for your interest:

Thread

Thread

Theres loads here use the search....

and a very convincing but worryingly accurate extenal point of view on 666

A 666 MUST READ

also then another ats thread:

I know who the antichrist is!

Enjoy

Regards

Elf

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 07:57 AM
link   
666 pops up everywhere. It is used as a means of control through fear. Most people are aware of the Bible prophecy. The thing is that while governments and religions are forcing its fulfillment, it means nothing.

Its part of an ancient story book that has no meaning or purpose any longer, and the sooner the world realises that there is no such thing as religion, and the god that is portrayed is total rubbish, the sooner humanity will settle down and realise life is about living this life, not for preparing for the next.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   
As with all books of the Bible, various versions of the Revelation of St John are in existance. In some of these the number of the beast is given as 616 and some historians believe that this was indeed the original number.

There's an article fomr the Church Times about a recent discovery here

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 08:57 AM
link   
From what I understand, the #666 was taken from the Kabala and incorporated into the New Testament by early church father, Irenaeus who distorted the ancient texts. I'm not sure though what it meant originally. 666 is also expressed by the Chinese in the 1st hexagram of the I-Ching oracle.

Peace. K*

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Thanks for that guys, especially elf

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I forget where i read this but it said that 666 represents humans trying to replicate gods.
Totaly forget why, but i found it intresting

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   
MischeviousElf pointed out some good existing threads here on ATS...

Here's another

I'm going to go ahead and close this one out though, as I believe this has been covered on multiple occasions here at ATS

Just in case you're not familiar with the search feature, for future use check out Zedd's Handbook

top topics

join