It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What is Russia's Most Top Secret Project?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:56 AM
link   
My guess is that it would relate to mind control as the mind apparently controls all peaceful and nonpeaceful human activity. Second might be ICBM and anti-ICBM development.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:05 AM
link   
My guess is if anyone in the public knew, it wouldn't be 'most top secret' anymore would it
. Yeah mind control could probably be the answer you are seeking for. Can't be certain

- Nazgarn

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by GreatTech
My guess is that it would relate to mind control as the mind apparently controls all peaceful and nonpeaceful human activity. Second might be ICBM and anti-ICBM development.

My guess: probably a project on how to monopolize the market for vodka (like Mexico monopolized tequila markets).

Seriously though: The russian gov. doesn\'t even have enough resources to properly defend their nuclear arsenal, let alone undertake any costly and major top secret military projects. The real top secret military projects we should worry about are the chinese: they spend loads of money on defense and certainly have the resources. They are also much more effective at keeping things hidden.

Cayoo

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Probably something very nasty they've done in Chechnya.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I would imagine that it's the work that the Russian military are carrying out at Yamantau mountain. Its been going on for a long time, but nobody really knows anything about it.

Russia's answer to Cheyenne Mountain?

www.globalsecurity.org...

Cheers,

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cayoo
My guess: probably a project on how to monopolize the market for vodka (like Mexico monopolized tequila markets).

Seriously though: The russian gov. doesn\'t even have enough resources to properly defend their nuclear arsenal, let alone undertake any costly and major top secret military projects. The real top secret military projects we should worry about are the chinese: they spend loads of money on defense and certainly have the resources. They are also much more effective at keeping things hidden.

Cayoo

at the monopoly on vodka idea.

I agree on the idea the Russians are basically broke and the Chinese are who we should worry about. I was just reading about how the Chinese have built a Tokamak reactor and plan to test it very soon
On that note what do you think China's most secret project is?

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 06:03 PM
link   
I have no clue what the most Secret project they are working on is But I bet I know where its being done.

The massive multi billion dollar underground Yamantau Mountain complex. The place is huge some people estaimate 400 square miles and nobody has a clue what goes on there. Whatever they are doing there its one of Russia best kept secrets.

Either that or there missile testing base Kasputin Yar that place is pretty secret and is were most of the missile related projects are done.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 09:18 PM
link   
This question is not really discernable. However, Russia still continues to develop Nuclear, Biologic and Chemcial weapons and that should be well noted.

The claims of a new Submarine, however, are I think weak, I've never heard of it, but I should look into it more. Russia has been decomissioning their best Nuclear Submarines due to lack of funding, the idea they'd be making newer and better ones seems far fetched.

I believe, to the advantage of the US, Russia (and the USSR) never placed a high importance on Naval warfare, due to the fact they never engaged in Naval combat to the level that the US did in WWII.

Because of that, they have been severly hampered in "Global Empire".

The US has the power to attack anywhere it needs to, Russia doesn't have this luxury, it's been too focused on their historical and real Empire, the Near-Abroad, rather than a new modern Empire encompassing economic spheres of control in the 3rd world. Their inability to influence the third world I think is in part in their Navy's lacking technology.

That is a good thing.

posted on Jan, 24 2006 @ 10:48 PM
link   
hi guys, i've been an avid reader of the posts on the ATS forum, and ive decided to join up to reply to this thread...

Being Russian, I've always been fascinated and shocked by Russian military secrets...Honestly, I thought that the atrocious research they were doing had no equal (until I discovered what the United States has been doing for the past century:lol
Between the two super-powers, it's always been a race...a secret race to total supremacy (which I think is completely irrelevant today, there's no point for supremacy)

Anyway, I think that the most covert Russian military program has GOT to be that conducted by Biopreparat, a so called "sub-division" of the Russian Health Ministry. It has been in existance since the dawning of the Stalinist regime. According to a top official who defected to the US in 1991 (or 92), it has been disbanded after the collapse of the Soviet-Union, but it is UNQUESTIONNABLE that this program still exists...Years...Decades gone into the research and developpement of the most deadly biological weapons known to man...

Biopreparat's first endeavours began in the mid 30s. They developped a Tularemia weapon as well as several other biological weapons to be used as aerosols. They were first deployed at testing sites using low altitude agricultural crop planes...When war broke out in Russia in the 40s, the Germans quickly advanced and captured valuable territory. The infamous siege of Stalingrad was underway when Stalin, desperate for an advantage against Hitler's onslaught, deployed the Tularemia weapon. There was never any official 'cause' for the Tularemia outbreak in the German barracks...It was blamed on animals that got into contact with the soldiers. The use has remained top secret until that same top official's defection in the 90s.

Later projects and experiments using human subjects (during the Stalinist era) and then animal subjects took place at test sites in Tula, Rebirth Island (Vozrozhdeniye, an island in the Aral Sea) and several other locations. New innovations, new weaponized biological agents were constantly being developped, weaponized and stored.
Russia's main focus was anthrax, the plague and smallpox. Scientists worked relentlessly to morph strains into antibiotic resistant super-weapons. A biological "Chernobyl" took place in 1979 in the city of Sverdlovsk. The media did not even have the chance to descend on the city when the KGB came and destroyed medical records (etc) to cover up the unfortunate outbreak of Anthrax. The "Official" cause? Contaminated meat

www.cbc.ca...

Later, Marburg, Ebola, Hanta Virus, CHF and sever other haemmorhagic fevers were weaponized.
Another rumor circulates: The Russians, desperate for victory, used Glanders (a debilitating disease, not fatal to humans, but to horses) was used on the Mujaheddin in Afghanistan. There is no CONCRETE 'proof', however.

I SERIOUSLY reccomend Biohazard by Kanatjan Alibekov (or Ken Alibek) if you're interested in this subject...The Russian Biological program is not very known about...Everybody focuses on the Nuclear research while such programs remain in the shadows.

I've got more stories/events/anecdotes if you want more, tell me

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 12:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ivansusanin
hi guys, i've been an avid reader of the posts on the ATS forum, and ive decided to join up to reply to this thread...

Being Russian, I've always been fascinated and shocked by Russian military secrets...Honestly,

I've got more stories/events/anecdotes if you want more, tell me

Thats quite alot, aren't you worried the KGB (do they still exist) will trace your post down?

Actually I find Russian (actually any governments) secrets fascinating, by all means give us some more if you can.

By the way welcome aboard.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Here is a good article I found about a secret listening station in Cuba. Might not be the most secret project, but an interesting one none the less.

www.msnbc.com...

I remeber a few years ago reading about this cool secret russian base that was in plain site. I believe the article was in Wired, but I looked for it on their website and couldn't find it so I'm not 100% sure that's where I saw it. I remember the journalist who wrote the article travelled to I think Moscow and was taken to a former secret base that was disguised as something in plain sight. It was like a missle base that appeared to be a school or church or something
but I can't remember all that, but I remember being shocked and fascinated by it at the time. If anyone can find something I would greatly appreciate it, and I will search some more.
In the process of my searching for it I came across this article about a guy who explores the secret moscow underground

outside.away.com...

I thought this part of was pretty interesting

In 1994, exploring seven levels down, the Diggers hit upon what Mikhailov believes is Stalin's much-rumored second metro system, a "spetztunnel" used to spirit Party officials from the Kremlin to the underground town of Ramenkoye, some 50 miles away. The train is still functioning
, he claims, and "for merely a few thousand dollars" he'd be delighted to take international film crews down for an eyeful

It would be pretty neat to have someone go down there and film riding the secret train to the underground town

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Actually, the most secret Russian AND Chineese projects are *MRPHFFF!*

we're sorrey for any inconvienience, the author will be unable to complete this post.

[edit on 25-1-2006 by Travellar]

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I am not certain what "project" would be considered to be the most classified by the Russians. From a technology point of view I would imagine it would probably have something to to do with aeronautics or weaponry, as those are fields Russian scientists excel in.

As far as classified information, probably some of the most sensitive and most tightly controlled information is that concerning spies and foreign agents they have obtained in the governments and military forces of their foes. The Russians have an excellent record in this area also, and have used information provided by spies to keep abreast with the west on technology and strategic matters.

However, if you were to ask me "what single piece of information the Russians are protecting at all costs"?

.....I would say.....

The fact that KAL-007 in fact made a controlled crash landing, was not destroyed on impact, and that most, if not all of the passengers on that aircraft survived, and were subsequently banished into the depths of the Gulag, never to be seen or heard from again.

If THAT could be proven, think of how Americans in general would view our Russian friends. The only people who are protecting these facts as closely as the Russians is our own government, who was/is too afraid of the negative political fallout an the subsequent damage to the progress we have made with the Russians in the last 15 years, should the truth ever come to light.

Of all the so-called conspiricies discussed on the website, this one (which is not often discussed) has the best legs, and the best casr for an actual government conspiricy and cover-up, IMHO.

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 02:16 PM
link   
well i would say it would be the one that noboby knows about

posted on Jan, 25 2006 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The KGB still exists, but under a different name. correct me if I'm wrong, but it is now the "Domestic Security Committee" or "Federal Security Service" which basically has the same functions as before, but has a more subtle covert public image.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I'd disagree about biopreparat still being in existence. Western scientists have since the early nineties had access to a number of russia's most secret labs, including the 'vector' virology institute - which now does a lot of work with USAMRIID. Kanatjan (ken) Alibek's expose on biopreparat certainly could'nt have allowed it to continue as it was, and there's also the cost...

Besides, infectious bio weapons are old news now - current technology being designed by the chinese involves using orthomyxovirions to deliver peptides which influence behavioural characteristics - imagine - no disease, but a population going mad, and no-one to blame!

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by warpboost

at the monopoly on vodka idea.

I agree on the idea the Russians are basically broke and the Chinese are who we should worry about. I was just reading about how the Chinese have built a Tokamak reactor and plan to test it very soon
On that note what do you think China's most secret project is?

Sorry, I know that this board is based in US, but is it largely for US citizen's use? Because remarks like these make me wonder what sort of reaction would a Chinese poster elicit with: "it's the US secret project we should worry about" or Russians saying: "it is the US national defence grid that we need to worry about". What is meant by "we" and "worry"? worry in case we decide to attack them and they send us home packing? Define the meaning of "we" in what I believe to be a multinational froum please. The thread originator is pondering what Russia's current top secret project might be. Not who "we" should worry about.

As to the current top secret project I would venture a guess that with the recent increase in "space exploration" budget, the project might actually be something to do with propulsion and perhaps space based espionage.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Do you actually read any of the forums here? Most of it is people worrying about America and it's government

more seriously, Russia has just announced it is going to mine the moon!

Russia to Mine the Moon

Russia plans to mine the moon for helium-3 and other sources of energy as it seeks to industrialize space, RIA-Novosti reported, citing the head of Energiya, the rocket and spaceship maker.

The next challenge for the country's space industry is to set up "industrialized" space facilities in "near space, near-Earth orbit and on the moon," the state-run news service cited Sevastyanov as saying.

The commercial benefits of helium-3 will pay for the cost of "prospecting" the moon, he said.

Energiya scientists and nuclear physicists from the Kurchatov Institute are already working on the commercial applications of the isotope on Earth, RIA said. (Bloomberg)

Bonus article on Russias increase in spying activity here
www.news.com.au...

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The top secret projects are not really the one's that make big changes. The USA won the cold war not with a super project but mearely because they had more money to invest in military weapons then the russians. The war last until the Udssr had no more money.

It seems Cina is doing as well as the US. Their secret or not so secret project is their economy. They drain every possible workingplace. They got the money, we got the un employed.

posted on Jan, 26 2006 @ 05:00 PM
link   
Yeah...Russia was poor, but their top priorities were always their military projects...
Back in Brezhnev days, when the country was starving, when you could go to the super-market and have a line up of about 500 people who would be LUCKY to get a loaf of bread or a half litre of milk, the government was sending thousands upon thousands of eggs to a research center in Leningrad where tests would be conducted on them (to test virulence and what-not).

I believe that Biopreparat is still in existence, their research programs took a HUGE amount of momentum and I don't think that even the collapse of the Soviet Union stopped them...Maybe the Vector facility is no longer operational in the purpose of producing biological weapons, but what have the Russians done every time suspicious were raised? They simply moved to the least suspicious place!

Back in the day, after a certain Mr. Pasechnik (I'm sorry, I don't remember his first name) fled the country and defected to the Brittish, the west became extremely suspicious with Russian activities...The United States, Britain and Russia made a trilateral agreement to send weapons inspectors to sites that aroused their intelligence officers' suspicions...Russia hid everything VERY well, but there were some minor mishaps that occured during the weapons inspectors' visits...Some facilities were closed down because of mounting pressure from foreign suspicion, but as these centers closed down, new ones opened...

Other more shocking projects within biopreparat (not that im saying ebola's not shocking
) were engineering double or even triple pathogens, which carried two or three diseases in one...A plague-smallpox superweapon!
Plague with myelin toxin! Untraceable paralysis agents in a common cold-like disease...the list goes on

I'll have to disagree, biological warfare isn't old news...The Chinese may be developping such agents now, however you're a little too late with the news too...Russia was working on such agents a decade ago and no doubt acquiring more knowledge on the subject as new technologies appeared...Why would they stop? Funds can always be found, however scarce!

new topics

top topics

join