It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Like To OPEN Your Mind?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Thought I'd throw in a quote from the 'Baghavad Gita' that backs up the idea being presented here..

Closing their eyes, steadying their breathing, and focusing their attention on the center of spiritual consciousness, the wise master their senses, mind, and intellect through meditation. Self-realization is the only goal. Freed from selfish desire, fear, and anger, they live in freedom always.
(5:27-28)

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Diseria

Closing their eyes, steadying their breathing, and focusing their attention on the center of spiritual consciousness, the wise master their senses, mind, and intellect through meditation. Self-realization is the only goal. Freed from selfish desire, fear, and anger, they live in freedom always.
(5:27-28)

thank you, Diseria.

there is truth in these words, and all words as well.
stop for a moment as you run through hell,
do battle by not fearing and your spirit will swell,
and your soul will show and tell.

thank you, Diseria.

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 01:42 AM
link   
Sometimes, when we wipe the mud from our eyes
no matter how dirty we think we are, we realize
those closest to us are facing the other way, no matter their size
and although, we may feel unclean for 1 moment, at least we can see . ..

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 06:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
Sometimes, when we wipe the mud from our eyes
no matter how dirty we think we are, we realize
those closest to us are facing the other way, no matter their size
and although, we may feel unclean for 1 moment, at least we can see . ..

[edit on 26-10-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Oct, 26 2006 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Oops, not quite used to this quote thing...LOLOL

A wise spiritual teacher once stood in front of his class and held up a $20 note. He asked the class "How many of you would like me to give you this $20 note?"

Almost the whole class put up their hand.

He then screwed up the $20 note until it was all wrinked up and asked again, "How many of you would still like me to give you this $20 note?"

Again, almost all put up their hand.

He then put it on the ground and stepped on it until it was dirty and asked again, "How many of you would still like me to give you this $20 note?"

Still the same number of people put up their hand.

Then he said, just like this $20 note, we cannot be devalued despite what happens to us in our lives.

We are all equal!!!

Dobbie

posted on Nov, 7 2006 @ 02:04 AM
link   
Dobbie!

i like that story a lot!

thanks for sharing, and i am glad i had the oportunity to read some words of wisdom. thanks Dobbie.

posted on Nov, 9 2006 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Why do people keep doors closed?
There are doors that will always exsist and consider it there when one needs a place to go or external help in many situations. Should the door be examined or played with?

Atlantis failed.

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by yeht

many reason. mostly it is fear. fear of losing something is also a fear. fear of losing something you love is also a fear. our subconscious minds have a mechanism within them that will make every effort to remain true to us. and in so doing the brain cells may be counting up to identify the last number to determine how many fears there may be. what is transpiring in one person's subconscious mind that binds them may be different in minor details, however at the core of their mind we are all relativley the same one being, there is no seperation, but by some miracle we do retain our individuality. who we are is not lost, we just add more to us by giving our own mind back to ourselves by conquiring or defining our fears, guilts, shames... and all other negatives that do not really need to exist. try to be nothing, and think of everyone elses will as being greater than your own. serve their will instead of trying to make everyone else an extension of your will, and the doors shall open. it takes time, patients, and one must develop and master the skill of actually listening to the truth of others. Do not try to make everyone the extension of your will, for we are at the most just 1. and if we are only at the most 1, then we are outnumbered, and there are far too many people to control. why do we feel we have to control people? we fear them, or we fear they will learn the truth about what it is we fear. we close doors when we think like this, just be truthful with people, but take the time to explain why you were or are thinking the way you do. everyone you meet can offer you some insight into how to open the pathways within your mind. keeping a journal to collect your thoughts helps alot as well.

There are doors that will always exsist and consider it there when one needs a place to go or external help in many situations. Should the door be examined or played with?

There are some doors that once you open them, they do not shut.
But don't be afraid, your subconscious mind does know you better than your conscious mind does. And your subconscious mind will not permit you to open that door if you are not capable of dealing with the gifts or challenges that lie behind it.

stay as care-free as you can. learn to acknowledge, recognize, accept, and love the truth others provide you. their truth is a piece of your truth, and visa-versa.

I would say yes, that the door may be examined, but "played with" has multiple connotations (means different things to different people). so, i would suggest with every door you open, just pick up the truth of what lies behind the door to examine if it is compatible with who you know you are, and who you want to be in your heart. if it is a gift such as reading minds, or other sensory perceptions, just acknowledge, recognize, accept it for what it is, and love it for what it is and what it could be, then share your truth with it, and put it back down and proceed to the next door.

with some doors you may open, you may spend a couple months or years examining what you found before you put it back down and proceed to the next door. there is no fault in this, and it is far more healthier to take the time to define what it is you found. Share the knowledge of it with someone you know, or a total stranger, or simply write about it in your journal as a reference to personal reflection should you ever need to remind yourself of what you once found within you.

if a brain cell of importance (logical) is trapped among emotional brain cells, i have a joke for that lonely brain cell that can't comprehend it's neighbors who are illogical emotions:

Knock Knock.

Who is there?

Who asks Who? Knock Knock!

i'll tell either the logical or emotional cells the same thing. if you are stuck, just stand your ground and repeat this stupid knock knock joke until they come to you to share their truth. and when they come, share your truth as well!

I was not talking to the macro-organism (the big whole body you are) in the above paragraph. i was addressing the little organisms that comprise you, you only needed to read the words, and then let your subconscious mind chew on it for awhile.

if a cell responds negatively to the round and round knock knock joke, then knock one more time for each time a negative response occurs. eventually the cell will be conditioned to know that a positive response means less annoying knocks.
The pure logical cell next to the illogical emotional cell both believe they carry truths that are incompatible with eachother. logic does not always comprehend love, nor do we. There is no syllabus of love, but there are books that when put together come close to defining what emotions are and how they affect our intentions, our actions, and our behaviors. one of those VERY important books is your diary, your journal!

hope this helps,
john paul peter geode, aka som.

Atlantis failed.

Why did atlantis fail?

[edit on 11-11-2006 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Nov, 11 2006 @ 02:58 AM
link   
I fear one thing...hangovers, hahaha just kidding.

seriously now, there is only one thing I fear, I think. It would be losing the one I love. Now I say I think because so far I dont have love for any one person more then any other person. There simply isnt any stronger connection to any certain person for me, so I cant say if its definately my fear, because I dont know what its like to care about one person more then another.

I would say that if I were to find love in the sense of wife material that it may be my fear to lose her. Not because of never being with her again, or not getting those moments anymore, but that it should have been me. For me she is worth dying for because she is worth living for.

Grew up on the tupac interlude, Something 2 Die 4. "thats something to die for.....thats something to LIVE for."

posted on Nov, 21 2006 @ 01:33 PM
link   
I was once heavly attached to drugs as a means to find answers to lifes mysteries. But for the past year and a half I have been learning about the ego. I am practicing meditation and upon reading this thread I have learned alot. I think all of you and especially ET for the words of wisdom.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Good Morning,
I see the 400,000,000 bits per second number thrown about a lot lbut can not find a scientific citation for it.
Can you help?
Thanks,
Doug McKee
[email protected]

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Atlantis failed.

Ahh my friend you are sooooo right!

Atlantis did fail... because it was a city built high atop a mountain (symbolic)

it was a city whose door was closed but everyones door inside the city was WIDE open.. do you get the meaning of that?

They did not listen to the living GOD, they knew the living GOD but didn't listen because they must have feared his words.

They were supposed to go out amongst the people and teach unto them, and open the doors of their neighbours..

but yet their neighbours were terrified, they looked up at the city called atlantis and the light from the city cast shadows among them, they felt inferior to those who lived in atlantis... THIS was their error.
The doors must all be blown open by the Holy Spirit, top your lamps up with oil for it is about to blow and if your flame is not strengthened it will flicker out.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Concsious mind creates 2,000 sparks of electricity per second between brain cells.

Subconcsious mind creates 400,000,000,000 sparks per second between brain cells.

Can you please shed some light onto what source you learned this information from? Especially the "subconcious mind" part. The subconcious mind isn't something physical as far as I can tell. The only thing that does any firing is neurons.

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:00 PM
link   

Atlantis failed.

You are so wrong! Doors should not be opened unless they are already opened to you. Not by asking it to be opened, is a very shallow path to take. Especially when your asking for it. Follow your life's quest, when the door is needed, walk in as it will always be open than.

7A

posted on Nov, 23 2006 @ 10:09 PM
link   
John,
GodSpeed to you, in your journey.
That said, and, even though I've never met you my eyes are wet, with sympathetic tears, I've never trusted written diaries.
My life is written in those I meet and interact with, daily. Ask my wife !
She says I'm too open, too forthright. I say, well...this is a family site.

Anyway, what better way to be remember'ed ( tried to spell that, 5 times
)
than to be, well....remembered !!

Just my 2 cent take on life,
Lex

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Yarcofin

Concsious mind creates 2,000 sparks of electricity per second between brain cells.

Subconcsious mind creates 400,000,000,000 sparks per second between brain cells.

Can you please shed some light onto what source you learned this information from? Especially the "subconcious mind" part.

Science. Neuro-biologists, and what the top "brain scientists" in the world are saying. I'm sure you can find the same information if you google. i've read about the same concept in a few books, but i'll get back to you later with the authors names of those books. In the mean time, i also saw a few doctors in the movie "What the bleep do we know". I know people have opinions about that movie, but the fact remains that there were undeniable truths presented in that movie. And, besides. what is an opinion? Truth? in my opinion, an opinion (no matter how many opinions are added together) do not necessarily equate truth. So, you can google and research to see if the information is not supported. Or, you can rent the movie "What the Bleep do we know?", and review the research results presented in that movie by the names of the doctors who stated it. Hope this helps.

The subconcious mind isn't something physical as far as I can tell. The only thing that does any firing is neurons.

you are right. the only thing that does any firing is neurons. unfortunatly most people are only consciously aware of what 2,000 of those neurons are "firing". But, we are not consciously aware of what 400,000,000,000 neurons are "firing", every second. and those 400,000,000,000 are the same neurons that first recieve all sensory input, not the "conscious" neurons.

the subconscious mind is something physical. the subconscious mind is taking up 99.999999997% of your entire brain, the part of our brain that we are not accessing consciously because of "fear" and "self pre serve". send all dna from every cell that says "self pre serve", then perhaps you'll know of more senses that your subconscious mind is utilizing.

posted on Nov, 24 2006 @ 07:18 PM
link   
ET, as I have said before could you consciously be able to handle 400,000,000 pieces of information per second? I highly doubt that.

You would have to be consciously aware of every single thing our 5 senses pick up, and thats just for starters. I'm sorry I can't go into more detail about what I'm saying because I'm busy, but we are conscious of what we are conscious of for a reason.

We receive the information we need, as we ask for it. If you wanted to focus on the TV, you consciously are aware of every bit of information on the screen. When that focus is broken by some one in the room starting a conversation with you, you get less information about whats going on in the TV and more about the conversation.

Consciously you probably can't handle more then 2000 to 3000 per second because you would start having a hard time following anything. You wouldn't be able to remember anything because it would be too much information per second to understand any of it.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by grimreaper797
ET, as I have said before could you consciously be able to handle 400,000,000 pieces of information per second? I highly doubt that.

if my subconscious was no longer my subconscious, but was my conscious, then perhaps, yes, i would be consciously able to think with my own brain.

perhaps you highly doubt it because you have no other basis for comparison.

You would have to be consciously aware of every single thing our 5 senses pick up, and thats just for starters. I'm sorry I can't go into more detail about what I'm saying because I'm busy, but we are conscious of what we are conscious of for a reason.

the reason is a cause.
your doubt is the effect of the cause that keeps you from consciously integrating your own thoughts and your own sensory input. but, if you want to fight me on the benefits of not thinking with 99.999999997% of your brain, whenever.

We receive the information we need, as we ask for it.

what information are you asking for? if it is not the right question, odds are it is not the right answer.

If you wanted to focus on the TV, you consciously are aware of every bit of information on the screen.

only if you command what used to be your subconscious mind. or no, you are not consciously aware of every bit of information on the screen. then you are only conscious of 0.000000002% of the second hand experience your subconscious mind projects to your conscious mind.

how can you be concsiously aware of anything when your conscious mind recieves no sensory input, except from your subconscious mind, of which you are not consciously aware of?

how can you be concsiously aware of anything when your conscious mind recieves no sensory input, except from your subconscious mind, of which you are not consciously aware of?

Consciously you probably can't handle more then 2000 to 3000 per second because you would start having a hard time following anything. You wouldn't be able to remember anything because it would be too much information per second to understand any of it.

maybe true. but even if i were only understanding 1% of it, then i would still be understanding:

1% of my own thoughts instead of only 0.000000002% of my own thoughts!

that is a 100,000,000 % improvement, isn't it?

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:32 AM
link   
heres my question. Would you rather get all of it and retain none of it and understand none of it, or get small percents at a time and understand what you manage to focus on?

You do receive some sensory input, just not all of it. Your subconscious receives all of it, then sends you what you are trying to focus on.

there aren't 2000 pieces of new information being sent in your consciousness. Its the most important 2000 pieces that your subconscious sent to you that you are now focusing on.

Heres something for you. Go outside and try to focus consciously on everything you see. every bird that moves, every blade of grass, every leaf on every tree. Tell me how well that goes. See if you can consciously think about every bit of information simultaniously. I garentee you that you won't be able to. People who multitask are people who can take in more information then normal people. Or are taking in more information at a lesser understanding of what they are doing.

They are distributing focus on multiple tasks.

You're acting as though these 2000 pieces of information are just created by your subconscious, rather then sent from your subconscious then your consciousness fires them and you focus on them. The subconscious doesn't pick and choose what it does or doesn't want you to see, it's a bit more basic then that. The consciousness is what give you choice and such. Subconscious just allows you to filter out all the other useless information so you can focus on a particular task without having to think about EVERY other detail interfering.

What benefit do you receive from being consciously aware every second that there are 233 leaves on the tree, and that there are 246 leafs on the ground which are mostly a light color brown. That every blade of grass is green with a distinct smell of grass. Add on all the other COUNTLESS details to that. What benefit do you have from consciously thinking about that? All it does is interfer with what you are trying to focus on.

You wouldn't even be able to think with all those details running through your mind. It would be like a football stadium screaming inside your brain constantly, not being able to hear yourself think over all the noise.

posted on Nov, 25 2006 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher
maybe true. but even if i were only understanding 1% of it, then i would still be understanding:

1% of my own thoughts instead of only 0.000000002% of my own thoughts!

that is a 100,000,000 % improvement, isn't it?

well unless you could be able to focus on all 100,000,000 pieces of information per second, then it would be the opposite of improvement. Do you know what its like to have ADD? well think about that times 1,000,000 or so. When you can't focus on anything, nothing gets done. Thats why we only allow so much information. We can't get anything done if we think about EVERYTHING all the time.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join