It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Would You Like To OPEN Your Mind?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by bothered
All of this could be displaced by the current acts of terrorism. Where the association is the furtherment of some cause, with absolutely no regard for self-preservation. If fact, the lack of it is a tool to instill a driven fear in the public.

I just think it is interesting.

So are you saying we are more afraid because it would seem they have no fear?

I think one can still be pure and do good deeds even if they are devoid of the fear of the reprocussions of their actions.

In other words, people may be afraid of loosing their fear, due to the fact that it is their fear of the consequences that motivates them to do good.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:37 AM
link   
You know, if other "enlightened" individuals who have taken a path that allowed them to access previously unconscious abilities, please share with us your words and description of how you believe it is possible to open up your mind.

Your contributions are more than welcome, and i believe there are as many ways to access more of your own cognitive skills and potentials as there are souls in the universe.

Please, share.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

All of this could be displaced by the current acts of terrorism. Where the association is the furtherment of some cause, with absolutely no regard for self-preservation. If fact, the lack of it is a tool to instill a driven fear in the public.

I just think it is interesting.

So are you saying we are more afraid because it would seem they have no fear?

I think one can still be pure and do good deeds even if they are devoid of the fear of the reprocussions of their actions.

In other words, people may be afraid of loosing their fear, due to the fact that it is their fear of the consequences that motivates them to do good.

The Western world does not accept suicide as viable. When used as a method of all out attack, it displaces the initial reaction to intercede. That is what I meant.

As to fear as a motivator, I've seen it lacking. Not that I'm violent, mind you, but when someone predicts totally an outcome before it takes place there are too many variables that can be interjected. In other words, if someone is so sure something will take place, if it does not this is not accepted. Which inevitably leads to total lack of regard for consequences. It becomes the "norm", and there's a breakdown which is readily availabe for extortion into the desires of the one whom would go against the principles instilled upon.

To sum it up, there are no absolutes. Only the fascination with such a notion.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:44 AM
link   
This posting of neuro-firing sequences or whatever tends to remind me of the quaint notion that once it was believed there were centers of the mind that controlled different aspects.
Like: do good, do bad, process, remember, forget, etc.

I have a collection of old encyclopedias where this was once accepted as absolute truth.

My belief is that if anyone has all the answers, please enlighten me so that I might be a little closer to the truth myself.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 07:56 AM
link   

To sum it up, there are no absolutes. Only the fascination with such a notion.

On this we almost totally agree. When you accept something as an absolute in your mind, are you still capable of integrating new information that is contrary to what you have already chosen to believe is absolute?

This question is not directed towards you personally, mind you. It is merely a rhetorical tool to get people to contemplate the possibilities.

I think you are right, to a degree, but to accept as absolute fact that nothing is absolute would deminish my capability of observing anything that could be an absolute, as my mind would have already chosen to believe there are no absolutes.

Round and round this could go. But, i think your point is an extremely valid one.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 08:26 AM
link   

My belief is that if anyone has all the answers, please enlighten me so that I might be a little closer to the truth myself.

I think the intention or desire for truth is the first pre-requisite.

I would suggest you keep your own journal, and when you make your entries in it, as you write you should know it is you writing your thoughts for you, and you alone.

Know as you write that no one else shall ever read it. This may allow the masks we are conditioned to wear to fall away. There is no need to decieve yourself anymore, and who you really are will begin to surface in your journal/diary.

I think this may aid you on your journey towards the truth, and it most certainly will be more believable to you, rather than hearing the rhetoric of others.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:03 AM
link   
I actually highly recommend journaling for anyone, except me.

You'd be amazed by all the little creepy fingers that do the walking where I am. That's a joke about my being, not necessarily high profile, but definitely "bothered".

To address the intent of this post: To displace my fears, I tend to make connections. This could be done via journaling. Ex, Snakes->not wanting to get bit->Fear. I would then practice ways of avoiding snakes (learn their habits), how to handle one upon discovery (forked stick), and what to do if bitten (stay calm among other things).

[edit on 8/31/2006 by bothered]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I will always remember you and what you have written ,
especially the post today.

Please take care and come back soon to us.

I just read the post that says you are back from Iraq. I'm
so glad that you returned safely.

I have written 7 journals in the past few years and I can honestly say that doing this has literally saved my life.

Patsy
(MagicaRose)

[edit on 31-8-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 12:29 PM
link   
ET, should we also be wary of the "mask of enlightenment"? Illusion takes many forms and masquerades as truth.

In my search for selfknowledge; I could no more separate ego from truth than I could imagine the sound of one hand clapping.

posted on Aug, 31 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
There is a theory that states that mankind evolved from the apes
because when we were all roaming in Eastern Africa
back in the day
when one day
like the monolith in 2001
a few of us encountered the magnificent Iboga tree

A few of us chewed on its rootbark,
and, unlike compounds such as '___' and psyliocybin,
the chemical of Ibogaine had the very practical effect
of teaching us about ourselves- our mistakes, our problems,
our gifts and our opportunities... in short,
it was- and is- a teaching tool for spiritual enlightenment.

Used very rarely today because it is unknown and illegal in the USA,
Ibogaine is not a "drug" in the usual sense-
no one takes it for kicks-
no one takes it more than once or twice-
it is currently a "rite of passage" for men in Gabon, Africa...

There are many ways to enlightenment that do not involve
ingesting any ethnogen...

But...

This particular short-cut has been described as "20 years of talk therapy"
in the spam of a single night.

Goggle it- and ignore the applications for drug addicts-
that is a seperate an added benefit, for sure... but
this thread is about developing and opening the sober
mind heart and soul... and this stuff can do it all...

Powerful tree, Iboga.

Could be the "apple" in the Eden story...

T. Patrick

posted on Oct, 13 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   
i thought i would bring this back towards the first page, as some contributors have asked some questions of me that i feel this thread offers some effective guidance.

if you think i am trying to decieve or mislead you, please just stop reading.

if you find something i say as a plausible or possible truth, but have a question or need clarifications, just ask.

i will add some thoughts that may or may not assist you, but i would be neglecting a contract i have made to share information, and i would judge myself as neglecting a responsibility to serve you a path to your own truth.

so here is some thoughts that may assist you to communicate more with your own brain, and your own self:

I believe there is a portion of our minds, perhaps within our subconscious minds, that does have the intention to remain true to you, you being the macro-organism, or your whole body.

now, we all have the same instinct of "self pre-serve" which has a byproduct we often overlook.

because we are "self pre-serve" at the core of our cells' dna strands (genetics) it stands to reason (logically) that this is the source of all our fears of the unknown.

we all fear the unknown.

so, perhaps cells within our minds are quantifying the unknown, because of a mechanism within our mind knows we fear the unknown.

so ... . . .

if we fear the unknown, could it be possible that part of our brain is counting up to determine what the last number is, in order to comprehend how many things may exist for us to fear?

just a thought.

another thought? If we expect god to be all knowing, then would god be counting up to find the last number? If so, then when do you think we could be expecting god's return?

just a thought. . .

new thoughts based upon pre-existing thoughts we can agree upon. . . . . .

What is zero plus zero?

zero, right?

what is 0 + 0 + 0 ?

still zero, right?

What is a billion zeros added together?

still zero, right?

OK. Now do yourself a favor, and go look in a mirror. tell me how many you see looking back at you from the mirror. (stand alone).

-----------

You saw ONE, right? Just yourself, right?

So, if you are only ONE self awareness, and only ONE self consciousness, and only ONE intelligent being then. . . . . .

every brain cell that you utillized to comprise that thought while you stood in front of the mirror and saw only "ONE" has a delema, an unsolvable problem. . . .. .

every cell that was utillized to comprise that thought has accept that each individual cell is ZERO self awareness, ZERO self consciousness, and ZERO intellegence.

but, a bunch of ZEROs added together still equals ZERO, right?

So, how do a bunch of ZEROS add up to make ONE?

perhaps part of your mind is taken from your conscious mind and has been assigned to your subconscious mind to figure this out?

--------------

back to the journal idea, which works.. .. ..

confront your hates, quantify them, explain your hates away for what they are. perhaps you'll still know what you hated, but at least you'll know why you hated in the first place.

do this with every negative thought and emotion in your mind.

if you can think to ask a question with no positive answer available, write the question down in your journal. look at the question. ponder it for a few minutes. if you can not find a positive or neutrally true answer for the question, then counter it with a question that undeniabley negates the reason for the negative question to exist in the first place.

what you are doing when you do this is effectively "DEFRAGGING" your original computer, like you would your current computer.

but, as it takes time to defragg a computer, it takes time to defragg the mind.

so, be tolerant of others who journey into their thoughts. help them if you are able, sometimes by only getting them to ask the right questions.

DON'T BE AFRAID TO ASK THE RIGHT QUESTIONS !!!!!!!

No one became famous by accident.

the greates minds in the world did nothing more than ask a question no one else had asked, or that no one else had followed up on.

Want an example?

Everything that is science fact was first science fiction.

the right questions.

Sir Isaac Newton was famous for what?

yes, explaining alot about gravity.

but what was the catalyst for his studies?

Yes, he did see an apple fall from a tree. but, then he looked up at the moon, and asked the right question, and he asked himself:

" If the apple falls from the tree to the ground, then how come the moon does not? "

and from that question, physics took a quantum leap.

if Newton had not asked that question, who would Albert Einstein looked up to as his hero??? And how succesfull would Einstein have been? And would America have won against the Japanese without the Atom Bomb that was only in existance because of Einstien's studies?

Asking the right question, and following up on it, made more than a few changes to our shared reality. from: "why does the apple fall, but not the moon?" to a mind like Einstein's.

there are no stupid questions. just ignorant people that can't recognize the importance of having all the questions.

just some thoughts i thought i would share.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 01:13 AM
link   
I have nothing profound to add.............

I'm absorbing what I have just read and I am compelled to ~BUMP~ this thread.

I think the more people that have a chance to read this thread, the better served we all are, in the larger sense.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Hello Esoteric

I do believe you speak words of truth. It is refreshing to read your posts. I have been developing my own 'consciousness' for some time now. I do feel that without fear, our minds are free to see truth in our being. However, I am currently studying the way the human ego works and how by using fear, it preserves itself. By rejecting the ego, we reject fear. What are your thoughts on this?

Dobbie

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dobbie
Hello Esoteric

I do believe you speak words of truth.

if for one moment i decieve you, i humble myself. you teach me more than i can learn dear Dobbie. if a word or words you see and know they are not true, then look away, it is not your shoe. i thank you Dobbie, and River Goddess, too. i think i may come from the darkest shade of blue.

.... . . . . .
I do feel that without fear, our minds are free to see truth in our being.

time is time, a rhyme is a rhyme. hope you don't mind, i'm dropping a dime:

fear can approach truth, but through love's core, the corridor is the door. i see you are closer than ever before. take all three, fear, love, truth, and a way you have chosen, and just look at them. acknowledge, recognize, accept the truth of what they are, love them for the truth that they are, and look into a mirror, you'll see not one scar.

on your journey, if fear does not lie to you, pick it up and carry it home.
i see a rock, a rock, a rock and the dome.

However, I am currently studying the way the human ego works and how by using fear, it preserves itself. By rejecting the ego, we reject fear. What are your thoughts on this?

Dobbie

i agree. the the results are an unexpected twist. the ego does not die, the ego's truth will with truth comply.

study it, yes.
examine it, yes.
pick it up, yes.
keep the truth of it, yes.
acknowledge it, yes yes yes.
recognize it, yes yes yes.
accept it for what it is, yes three.
love the truth of it, and a thing knowingfully you'll see.

you must think you journey alone, but you do not.

i've stood in rank with angelic faces.
i've stood my ground in the darkest of places.

However, I am currently studying the way the human ego works and how by using fear, it preserves itself. By rejecting the ego, we reject fear. What are your thoughts on this?

Dobbie

"how by using fear, it preserves itself"

even fear must reject fear, in order for you to approach or come near.

fear does not lose fear, but it gains "fearlesslyingfully", a dream here, hear.

Dobbie:

i hope these words help, and i know they will. you are so close, so close to your host with the most.

i thank you for your words of truth.
i thank you for your time, and my time.

yours,
john.

posted on Oct, 23 2006 @ 12:40 PM
link   

"Once I had a little game
I liked to crawl back into my brain
I think you know the game I mean
I mean the game called 'go insane'

Now you should try this little game
Just close your eyes forget your name
Forget the world, forget the people
And we'll erect a different steeple.

This little game is fun to do.
Just close your eyes, no way to lose.
And I'm right there, I'm going too.
Release control, we're breaking through.

Way back deep into the brain
Back where there's never any pain."

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Dear Esoteric,

Wise words indeed!

I do believe that we live in a fear based society that uses fear mongering tactics via the media, to make us more submissive. You see, when we live in fear of the world around us, we are much more submissive to the authorities (governments, police, military) who we hope will protect us.

For those of us who are free of mind, we don't allow ourselves to be oppressed by such fears and we are better able to question the decisions of the authorities and to see through the lies.

On another note, the human ego is the reason that we see ourselves as separate to others. It is what allows us to compare ourselves to others and decides whether we see ourselves as more worthy or less worthy than our brothers. In the eyes of our Creator, we are all created equal (and that goes for men & women too). It is our society that has tought us that some of us are better than others and creates a division between our brothers.

Our minds are incredibly powerful tools, however, we must give more power to our 'Higher Self'. Our mind can be compared to a computer, which is capable of many skills, however, there needs to be a higher power programming and driving the computer. That, my friend is our higher consciousness (or self) - or being - which is close to our Creator. Free Will allows us to choose between our Ego and Higher Self. Society programs us from birth to recognise only the ego!

Anyway, I look forward to your thoughts...

Dobbie

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
Perhaps a note of caution is in order because some people really can't handle the truth. Some people live their entire life not unlike a marathon runner, he is ready to fall out toward the end of the race but his endurance carries him through and at the end he let's go with a huge sigh of relief that he made it to the finish line.

What if it is ones own mind they fear?

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 12:13 PM
link   
System of a down has ALOT of songs to do with opening your mind,politics, emotions.
At first they seem a little fast paced and crazy but the lyrics are really good. Its funny iv always liked system for the music years ago, but now that iv stareted thinking about the universe i cant get enough of thier lyrics.

posted on Oct, 24 2006 @ 09:37 PM
link   
My most recent train of thought has been pondering the self, the ego.. Is it necessary.

In this physical realm, yes. However, can one live as close as possible without an ego?

The self (ego) separates us. The Self unifies us.

The self limits us with desire of this realm. Everything in this realm is a sense-object by its very nature... and to work to live/think beyond that is to live beyond the realm of the self.

How can we move towards being self-less...

Obviously the sages of yester-year (easter philosophy) were capable, or at the very least taught that it was the highest path..

Is language the tool of our selves? That which helps us limit ourselves by trying to describe things that cannot, truly, be described?

If I tried to write down all my thoughts, I'd never stop writing. Between an over-active imagination and caffine, I'd never be able to stop.

Most of the time, I entertain them, let the walk off the stage, then re-focus on whatever task I'm doing at hand. My motive now is constant conscious awareness... I spend too much time thinking, and my homework suffers for it.

Art0 -- Same here. System, as well as a Killswitch Engage song.

posted on Oct, 25 2006 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by HarpStrings

What if it is ones own mind they fear?

one's own mind knows first your intentionality, and your finality.
one's own mind knows first the last.
one's own minds knowing first actions and behaviors and intentions.

one's own mind has not been won, if one fears one's own mind, then fear not for just one moment, please, i beg you.

if these words are not true, i wager my soul against the blue.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join