It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATS.C: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:54 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood
The two out of three Amigos return to podspace with a focus on two interesting covert government projects of decades past that are receiving increased attention lately: Operation Northwoods and Project Serpo.

length: 45:31
file: atscpod_1232.mp3
size: 10711k
feed: atsc

ATS Operation Northwoods Archive

ATSNN: Project Northwoods. America's Plan to Attack America
January 1, 2006: mrwupy
In 1962 The Joint Chiefs of Staff drew up a plan to justify waging an all out war against Cuba. Among its recommendations were a terror campaign against Cubans living in Florida, The hijacking of airplanes and surface vessels and the in flight replacement of passenger airlines with drones which would be shot down. All choreographed by the military.

The Northwoods Documents
September 8, 2003: quaneeri
Kennedy was apparently outraged with the plans and fired the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff General Lyman Lemnitzer, who then pitched the proposal to defence secretary Robert McNamara.

Operation Northwoods: Creating the Pretext for War
November 14, 2003: EastCoastKid
For anyone who has never read the de-classified document OPERATION NORTHWOODS, you do not have a full picture of the extent to which the government has gone to to manipulate the people into supporting war. Then Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff Lyman Lemnitzer was the "brains" behind Operation Northwoods. When he presented the plan to President John Kennedy, Kennedy balked. He must have thought he was dealing with a bunch of lunatics.

Operation Northwoods
June 18, 2004: rynaldo82
I have heard some information regarding 'Operation Northwoods' in which the Amercian government would attack its own people and frame it as the cubans to start a war with them. And then Kennedy rejected the idea. However, if this was proposed, do you think its possible 9/11 was used in the same manner to start a war with Iraq (war on terror)?

Operation Northwoods= Operation Iraqi Freedom?
August 15, 2004: justus
Once upon a time (1960's) Operation Northwoods,a cover and deception plan to promote a war and to antagonise the Cuban government contained specific goals to be acheived including long-term military control over Cuba. Now, almost 45 years later, we face this question as we try to stand together on the thin ice our nation seems to be on in the aftermath of a nationally & internationally critisized war....Was the whole thing (9/11 & Iraq) a massive hoax for political purposes?

1960's: Military planned attacks in US to create support for Cuba war
March 4, 2005: John Nada
Plans to kill innocent people and commit acts of terrorism in U.S. cities to create public support for war against Cuba were drawn up by top military officials during the 1960's it has been revealed. Plans included sinking boats of Cuban refugees on the high seas, hijacking planes, blowing up a U.S. ship, and even orchestrating violent terrorism in U.S. cities in an operation that was code named Operation Northwoods. These plans were drawn when the US wanted to oust Cuba's new communist lead Fidel Castro.

External Links:

Documents PDF from GWU
Memorandum For The Secretary Of Defense: Justification For US Military Intervention in Cuba

Operation Northwoods Exceprts
Propaganda Matrix: America's Phony War
WhatReallyHappened.com: Operation Northwoods
Wikipedia: Operation Northwoods
ABC News: U.S. Military Wanted to Provoke War With Cuba May 1, 2001
AttackOnAmerica.net: Operation Northwoods
Northwoods is a Hoax?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 1)
Majic jumps shares his views on Operation Northwoods and the broader issues of manufactured pretexts for war being business as usual for the United States.

length: 09:57
file: atscpod_1233.mp3
size: 1751k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:22 AM
link   
Illegal Precedents

In addition to the links SO posted above, here's a quick ATS search illustrating what I mean: Operation Northwoods on ATS

It keeps resurfacing in various ways.

This is an excellent topic and I look forward to discussing both Operation Northwoods itself and the many, many other operations of similar kind that such discussion can uncover.

[edit on 1/14/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Thanks for your reply Majic... haven't listened yet, but I will later.

I encourage all our podcasting members to contribute your comments and observations on this highly compelling confirmed conspiracy. Once we have a mature PODthread, we'll promote it in all the right places.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:41 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 2)
Reply to the 2 out of 3 Amigo's Show

length: 02:22
file: atscpod_1234.mp3
size: 2213k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:56 PM
link   
Just throwing my views into the pot on a few of the things mentioned.

Good to see you guys back into podcasting, I've been missing the Overviews and 2/3 Amigo's shows

--Kit.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I enjoyed listening to this. I have known of Project Northwoods for some time, but it's good to hear it becoming somewhat more public.

I don't have much to add other than that I got sold on listening to podcasts on here a bit more by listening to this.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:47 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 4)
Majic replies to Kitsunegari on the issues of the best and the worst examples of ATS community events in 2005.

length: 10:19
file: atscpod_1236.mp3
size: 1814k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:02 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 5)
BH talks about Northwoods, humanity, reality and possibilities.

length: 07:34
file: atscpod_1237.mp3
size: 3554k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 03:45 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 6)
Majic drones on and on and on about Operation Northwoods -- and tries to explore why the JCS would plan such a thing, with bonus rants on torture, JFK and the possible secret military junta that runs the U.S.

length: 12:57
file: atscpod_1238.mp3
size: 1818k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:03 PM
link   
Doh! Wrong Podcast!

I always worry I'll do this, and sure enough, I loaded the wrong podcast -- a dupe.

Brb with the real podcast.

(Mods: Please "nuke the dupe" if your tools allow.)

(Edit: Reply 6 is the dupe to nuke.)

[edit on 1/14/2006 by Majic]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Interesting,

I apologize for no using PODcast.

Nice conspiracy can come out of all these, like 9/11 could have be a modern time Northwood operation.

*Only a conspiracy*

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Putting The "Thread" In "Podthread"

Originally posted by marg6043
I apologize for no using PODcast.

No need to apologize, though it would be fun to have you doing them.

Military Prophets

Originally posted by marg6043
Nice conspiracy can come out of all these, like 9/11 could have be a modern time Northwood operation.

*Only a conspiracy*

You are definitely not the only one who has to wonder.

For my part, I am still not willing to outright claim that 9-11 was a U.S. government plot, but I am also not willing to say it wasn't.

Too many questions need answers, and that's what ATS is all about.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:25 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 8)
Hardly done with this intriguing topic, Majic launches into a semi-coherent rant steeped in speculation, conjecture and good old-fashioned paranoid lunacy.

length: 09:17
file: atscpod_1240.mp3
size: 1634k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:39 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 9)
Wupy wades in...

length: 05:13
file: atscpod_1241.mp3
size: 1220k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Operative Phrases

I've been studying the Operation Northwoods document in greater detail, as well as other related bits of information.

One very helpful resource (as usual) is Wikipedia.

Here are some links to Wikipedia articles related to this story that I have found helpful:

Operation Northwoods

The Cuban Project

These individuals were involved with Operation Mongoose, which inspired Operation Northwoods:

Edward Lansdale Chief of Operations, Cuba Project

Lyman Lemnitzer Chairman, Joint Chiefs of Staff

Robert Mcnamara Secretary of Defense

Robert Kennedy Attorney General

John F. Kennedy President

Note that these articles also provide links to other sources, and are a great research tool for those seeking additional information on this topic.

In looking at this with a broader perspective, I am reasonably convinced that all the individuals listed above were aware of Operation Northwoods, and that it was planned under the authority of President Kennedy.

Worth noting, however, is that I cannot find any evidence anywhere in the Northwoods document that actually suggests killing anyone, although many of the feints and fakes sketched out would involve the risk of death.

All that said, the parallels between the “drone” airliner scenario and some of the theories surrounding 9-11 are eerily uncanny, and will hopefully inspire further inquiry into both.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Majic
Worth noting, however, is that I cannot find any evidence anywhere in the Northwoods document that actually suggests killing anyone, although many of the feints and fakes sketched out would involve the risk of death.

Look at this part:

(11) Sink ship near harbor entrance. Conduct funerals
for mock-victims (may be lieu of (10)).

From here: www.ratical.org... (Page 11)

It "seems" to indicate they would use mock-victims if they don't have real ones.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:06 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 9)
More questions than answers...

length: 06:13
file: atscpod_1242.mp3
size: 2917k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:22 PM
link   

PODcast: 2 out of 3 Amigos: Operation Northwood (reply 10)
In which Majic corrects some of his misconceptions about Operation Northwoods.

length: 11:46
file: atscpod_1243.mp3
size: 2071k
feed:

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:24 PM
link   
Bamford Quote

"The whole thing was so bizarre," says Bamford, noting public and international support would be needed for an invasion, but apparently neither the American public, nor the Cuban public, wanted to see U.S. troops deployed to drive out Castro.

Reflecting this, the U.S. plan called for establishing prolonged military — not democratic — control over the island nation after the invasion.

"That's what we're supposed to be freeing them from," Bamford says. "The only way we would have succeeded is by doing exactly what the Russians were doing all over the world, by imposing a government by tyranny, basically what we were accusing Castro himself of doing."

The History Place

January 11, 1962 - During his State of the Union address, President Kennedy states, "Few generations in all of history have been granted the role of being the great defender of freedom in its maximum hour of danger. This is our good fortune..."

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join