It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FLEAS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Help Me folks! Fleas! I am being eaten alive by FLEAS!

My home has a bad flea infestation. I tried fogging it this sumemr, but it did no good.

I have two cats who never go outside, yet somehow, fleas got them, and have taken over my house.

My question is, does anyone know any really efective ways to keep fleas from biting me? I know garlic works, but I cant sleep in a bed of Garlic. The little bastards are supposed to snack on my cats, yet they are feasting on me instead. I cant find anyway to at least keep the little bastards from attacking and chewing me alive, and if this continues, I will be posting a report about being abducted by fleas.

Getting rid of my kitties is not an option, and I plan when i get the money to take them to a vet for a full de-fleaing, and while they are there, I plan to super bomb this house, but that will take a while, any suggestions in the meantime how I can keep these evil little #ing bastards from elf munching?

Im covered in flea bites, and theres so many of them i can see them crawling on my clothes, skin, and i cant even get a decent nights sleep because they munch on me!

Any ideas for flea control or replling?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You could leave the house. If you have a laptop you could get your ATS fix through a internet library port. I suggest googling for herbal flea remedies. You could also flip your bed over.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Your best bet is to get the fleas off your cats. Use the monthly drip type flea control medication on your cats. Have your carpets cleaned by a professional carpet cleaner and use flea pesticide spray on the carpets.

I have cats and the above keeps my house flea-free.

Good luck.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I myself have a kitty, she's just caught some flea's too, theres only 3 or 4 on her at the moment but we've tried the drip type remedy and it hasn't had any real effect, i suppose she'll have to be taken to the vet for the full treatment ($50 down the drain). I was thinking about getting a fine haircomb and going over her then drowning the flea's, do you think that would work?

Still left with the question...
How on earth do indoor cats get flea's?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:03 PM
link   
YO....BETTY HOMEMAKER HERE....

Avon sells this stuff called "skin-so-soft". IT IS AWESOME for keeping bugs off your skin. It is also safe to use on your pets. NO...I do not sell Avon

link

www.avonbylynne.com...

[Edited on 9/30/2003 by Venus]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:13 PM
link   
In the middle ages women who didn't want fleas would wear a small canister with an openining in the top of fresh blood around their neck.

The fleas would be attracted to the blood and drown in the canister. Each day it would be replaced with fresh blood.

So leach one of your cats and use it's blood to attract the fleas

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Venus, believe it or not, i used to sell avon. I think my mother still has a few bottles of SSS that I gave her as a chritmas present. I did not know that works, I shall definitely have to try it out tho.

I plan on a program of total ethnic cleansing and genocide on these subhuman fleas soon, starting with a gassing and fog bombing to the likes that Saddam hussein would cringe at. I then plan to get my cats taken to the vet to have them totally de fleaded prossionally while i fog and bomb and gas the fleas into extinction. I have decalred war on parasitism, and the fleas will be exterminated, my hosue will become a concentration camp for fleas.

But, it all takes money, for now, just starting my new job, and have no cash for my extensive genocidal programs, for now, Im just trying to figure out how to keep the little bastards from eating me andmaking me lose sleep.

Avon also has SSS talcum poweder. Since I sleep on the floor and have no mattress, perhaps the talcum powder sprinkled on the floor might keep them away, and ill rib the lotion all over my body to keep them from tormenting me in my sleep.

Thanks for the tips guys. And Venus especially, it seems i might even have some other SSS stuff somewhere that I can use for the kitties to keep them from similar torment while we wait for our day from liberation!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I'm sorry Skadi but the thought of you selling avon CRACKS MY ASS UP! I can just see it now:
"What do you mean this color doesn't look good on me?"..."Where do you or your government get off telling me what I can and can not look like"

(you now I'm just teasin') and you are welcome for the info

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Here you go Skadi.
I have owned cats for over 30 years.

Front Line!!!!!!! It is absolutely the best product to hit the pet market EVER!!!!

You squirt it on the back of the neck once a month and it's done. Not only will it kill all fleas on the cat but others will jump on later and be killed when they bite.
It should clear your place out within a month.

I currently have three cats that are outdoor mainly and have ZERO flea problems.
A three month supply for one cat goes for $30.

or

you can do what I do (don't say anything at the pet store)
Buy the stuff for large dogs for the same price. Get a syringe without the needle and measure out half a cc and apply the same way. You end up with almost 12 cat doses for the same $30.

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Thanks Fry,. I really will check it out when I get some cash. Anything to end our suffering!

How my indoor kitties got fleas i have no clue. it still puzzles me, cuz I have always lived near busy streets in bad neighborhoods, and for thier protection and well being, I keep them in the house. they have never been allowed outside. Only recently did this sudden flea madness strike my happy home and make my life kmiserable this summer. I am beginning to wonder if it isnt a plot from the govornment as some sort of revenge from the Bush admin......to attack dissenters with infestations of indestructable fleas from govornment labs!

Venus, its funny you should mention that. I actually quit Avon because i simply am not meant to be a saleperson, period, because bull#ting people and stroking thier egos just isnt my talent. i remeber one lady asked me If we had any creams that remove cellulite and saddlebags like Mary kay does, and i told her that the best remedy for cellulite would be to get her fat ass off the couch, stop stuffing her piggy jowls with Little Debbie snack cakes, and try walking around the block once or twice for starters instead of watching Oprah. needless to say................

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:20 PM
link   
This happened to my indoor cat as well. She never stepped foot outside this year, but got fleas regardless. Though I know how it happened. Neighborhood cats, of which there are tons, run around freely and many times sit upon my doorstep. My cat stays near the doorway and I'm certain a flea jumped off one of the outside cats and migrated underneath the doorway to mine a few feet away.

I started frontline on her in September, but she still has them and will require the full double dose of frontline to get rid of them.

Fleas and flea eggs will still live and jump off the cat even when you do this, so I wound up buying a flea trap to catch the ones that frontline doesn't. This is secondary though. I bought it to keep myself a bit more bite free, which it has proven effective.

www.biconet.com...

Its just a sticky pad with a lightbulb on top, but it works fairly well.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I'm quite surprised that frontline has not worked for you like it has for me and my friends. I have not seen a live flea or tick in my house for years and I have wall to wall carpet. My friend is a vet and she has twenty some odd cats four dogs fifteen ferrets and a few chinchillas all with no fleas due to frontline(or knock offs).
Maybe it's because we use the dog stuff in lower dosages. Might be stronger? Beats me, but it works.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:27 PM
link   
Looks like its time to fumigate. Either that or get rid of the cat.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:35 PM
link   
To keep fleas off the cats, put a little vinegar in the drinking water. I imagine the same would work for you.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:38 PM
link   

To keep fleas off the cats, put a little vinegar in the drinking water. I imagine the same would work for you.

With the added side benefit of a clean urine test.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:25 PM
link   
My granbdparents bought a flea trap for my dog cuz he was alergic to them.

Vinegar is a new one, Ill have to try that as well.

I think now I understand tho how my kitties got fleas.

They always want to socialize with neighborhood cats through the front or back doors, because they want to sniff them or fight them. I see them always having staring contests through the glass door. perhaps thats where the little bastards came from!

Getting rid of the kitties is not an option, thats like syaing get rid of your kids. My kitties are my best friends and most loved members of my house.

The clean urine testing is also a good fringe benefit of drinking vinegar, and come to think of it, when i had to go take a dope test years ago for a job, and i drank a half gallon of vinegar, not a flea touched me, even tho our dog had them in abundance.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:28 PM
link   

i drank a half gallon of vinegar,

That's one HELL of a woman!!!!

Good for you!!

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:32 PM
link   
I don't know how easy it is to convince a cat to drink vinegar. Good luck trying.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:51 PM
link   
Front line is the best...it works within mins

Also i heard that if you cover your carpets in talc powder
leave for a few hours then hover it up...
its ment to suffocate them

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:53 PM
link   
Maybe you could pickle them in it? That would sure get rid of the fleas

Originally posted by heelstone
I don't know how easy it is to convince a cat to drink vinegar. Good luck trying.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join