It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Zawahiri Possibly Killed by CIA

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 10:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

You know, this isn't a James Bond world we live in. There aren't any scripts. We can't possibly know everything about everything. We know more than you'd give us credit for.

So you are claiming to be a CIA operative? or have I picked you up wrongly??

IMHO the CIA have always been about plausible deniabilty; the dirty deeds the US needs doing get done and the administration remains untainted and are therefore free from the stain of atrocity. Remember that the CIA was founded during the post WWII witchhunt and execution of the leading Nazis.

I believe the CIA has worked well for the US administrations since its inception and although it is controversially linked to certain atrocities the main players have remained hidden beneath the umbrella that is the CIA.

The game in Pakistan is bluff and counter bluff, the CIA want to take care of someone or something, hell maybe even post a warning in the area that they're watching. They'll commit the deed then allow the world to believe that they were on the heels of Al-Zawihari; Pakistan government appeal to the world that they have been aggrieved and make all sorts of noises, but they'll do little more than that. They require to do this to appease the deep anti-American feelings that are held in much of Pakistan.

It's all smoke and mirrors and if the CIA are involved we may never find out who or what they were really after. Afterall the enemy ain't gonna tell you and Pakistan can't appear to be so weak that they need the US to sort out its enemy from within. It'll quickly blow over and normal service will resume.

Again just my thoughts; but who really knows?

Best Wishes

J

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:46 PM
link   
its seems we're back up in the air about whether or not he was actually there at the time of the missile strike:

cnn.com
U.S. intelligence officials said Monday they were trying to determine whether Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant was at a dinner in a remote Pakistani village and whether he was one of the people killed by a CIA airstrike.

The officials said Ayman al-Zawahiri, al Qaeda's No. 2 man, was invited to the Damadola dinner celebrating the end of the Muslim holiday of Eid.

But only some of al-Zawahiri's aides were there, Pakistani intelligence officials said Sunday, according to The Associated Press.

A U.S. counterterrorism official told CNN, "I cannot confirm at this point whether he [al-Zawahiri] showed up or not."

The remains of about 12 bodies, including as many as eight foreigners, were quickly retrieved by a group of men after the airstrike and buried elsewhere, sources said.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 09:19 AM
link   
When I first heard of this Friday evening, I turned to CNN to get the latest on the air strike.

CNN showed where the bomb had hit and what surprised me the most was the faces of the villagers where the bomb hit.

Their faces shown little or no remorse for what had happened.

Some of the villagers were looking though the rubble but most of them were just standing around with a blank look on their faces.

The villagers were not screaming or crying, they were not shooting guns or jumping up and down praising Allah or OBL, they were just standing there looking at the bombed out hut.

The reaction of the villagers makes me think that yes this was a good hit, and that the people killed were not locals or people of the community.

Just my observation.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Well, Pakistan has confirmed that 4 to 5 foreign terrorists were killed in the US attack that occurred in the Peshtun region of Pakistan. That attack also killed about 18 civilians that were in the area located near those terrorists. It appears we missed Ayman al-Zawahri, Pakistani sources say he was not at the meeting being held at this location, but his top aides were.

Pakistan: Terrorists Killed in U.S. Strike

PESHAWAR, Pakistan - Pakistani provincial authorities said Tuesday four or five foreign terrorists were killed in the purported U.S. missile strike that has severely strained relations with this Muslim nation, a key ally in President Bush's war on terror.

Pakistani intelligence officials have said the target of the attack was al-Qaida's No. 2, Ayman al-Zawahri, who they said was invited to a dinner celebrating an Islamic holiday in the village but sent aides instead.

U.S. counterterrorism officials, however, have not ruled out that Osama bin Laden's chief lieutenant was killed.

In the first official confirmation by Pakistani authorities that militants were killed, the administration of Pakistan's semiautonomous tribal regions bordering Afghanistan said in a statement that the four or five bodies of "foreign terrorists" were taken away "by their companions."

As a result, a Pakistani intelligence official said, authorities do not know the nationalities of the foreigners killed. The provincial authorities' statement did not identify the dead militants, who it said were among 10 to 12 extremists at the dinner.

But a counterterrorism official, who spoke on condition of anonymity because of the subject's sensitivity, said several of those killed were believed to be Egyptian. Al-Zawahri, an Egyptian, has appeared regularly over the Internet and in Arab media to encourage Muslims to attack Americans and U.S. interests worldwide.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:56 PM
link   
More...

Strike killed Al Qaeda bomb maker

ABC News has learned that al Qaeda's master bomb maker and chemical weapons expert was one of the men killed in last week's U.S. missile attack in eastern Pakistan.

Midhat Mursi, 52, also known as Abu Khabab al-Masri, was identified by Pakistani authorities as one of three known al Qaeda leaders present at an apparent terror summit conference in the village of Damadola.

The United States had posted a $5 million reward for Mursi's capture. He is described by U.S. authorities as the man who ran al Qaeda's infamous Derunta training camp in Afghanistan, where he used dogs and other animals as subjects of experiments with poison and chemicals.

"This is extraordinarily important," said former FBI agent Jack Cloonan, an ABC News consultant, who was the senior agent on the FBI's al Qaeda squad. "He's the man who trained the shoe bomber, Richard Reid and Zacharias Mousssaoui, as well as hundreds of others.".....

top topics

<< 1   >>

join