It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

al-Zawahiri Possibly Killed by CIA

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:04 PM
link   
CNN is reporting that a CIA attack on a building in Pakistan has possibly taken out Bin Laden's number two man, Ayman al-Zawahiri.

www.cnn.com
A CIA airstrike on a building in Pakistan may have killed Osama bin Laden's most-trusted aide, sources said.

There has been no confirmation that al-Zawahiri, 54, was killed in the attack Friday. However, sources say there was intelligence suggesting he was in the building at the time of the strike.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

I hope they actually got him this time, but I sincerely doubt that even if they did, they will ever be able to prove it. As CNN discusses in the additional link below, Bin Laden himself is possibly dead, but again, we will never know. The ghosts of Al-Qaieda will remain with us forever, regardless of whether or not we manage to actually stop the organizations ability to hit us.

Related News Links:
www.cnn.com

[edit on 1-14-2006 by Valhall]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:01 AM
link   
US Defence Department has denied the US military carried out any attacks in the area.

"There is no reason to believe the US military is conducting operations there," said Lieutenant Colonel Todd Vician.

(source)

But Pakistani officials tell ABC News that five of those killed were high-level al Qaeda figures, and their bodies are now undergoing forensic tests for positive identification.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:04 AM
link   
since when is the CIA part of the military?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:08 AM
link   

Citing unnamed American intelligence officials, U.S. networks reported that it was a CIA strike and that al-Zawahri, Osama bin Laden's top lieutenant, could have been at a targeted compound in the Bajur area or about to arrive.

There was no confirmation from either the Pakistani or U.S. government, but a senior Pakistani government official told The Associated Press that "there is 50-50 chance that some al-Qaida personality was at the home" that was hit early Friday in the border village of Damadola, about 200 kilometers (125 miles) northwest of the capital, Islamabad.

The senior Pakistani intelligence official said that hours before the strike some unidentified guests had arrived at the home of one tribesman called Shah Zaman that was destroyed in the attack. The official did not elaborate on whether those people were believed to be terror suspects.

U.S. Pakistani officials told NBC news that U.S. predator drones fired as many as 10 missiles. Zaman recalled hearing at least eight explosions. He said planes had been flying over the village for the last three or four days.

(source)

Thousands of Pakistanis today protested against the U.S. air strike that reportedly targeted Qaida`s No. 2. The demonstration took place about six kilometers from where the strike happened early Friday.

AP: Thousands protest reported U-S airstrike in Pakistan

[edit on 14-1-2006 by Riwka]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:14 AM
link   
The BBC is reporting that Zawahiri was not there and that 18 people are dead, the victims include children. Here is a link to the story.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Does that classify the act that CIA allegedly took part in as an act of terrorism on pakistani soil?

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Now that is an interesting question. I wonder how they are going to handle this? At the same time the BBC was reporting it was not the terrorist, CNN was reporting it was.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:55 AM
link   
CNN is now reporting that he was not killed.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:14 AM
link   
How many times does this make that he hasn't died??? I think we're about to go in the double digits now.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Ive lost count how many times he has died, not died, cheated death, got away and came close...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:05 AM
link   
which is exactly the point of my submission. it doesnt matter how many times we try, or even if we get both of them. the ghosts of al qaieda will live on indefinitely.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Well the thing is whether we got him or not we did kill (depending what reports you hear) 17-18 people, some of them children. Pakistani officials are filing a formal complaint and are really angry about this and rightly so.

Do we have the right to go blowing up people's home and their families just because we believe there might be a terrorist on the premises? While I agree that we need to get this guy can you imagine if this had happened in say Ohio or Florida? Would this type of killing without regard for the innocents be tolerated there? Our news reporters tell us we got him and also others were killed including women and children and no one seems upset by this. This is wrong I don't care where it is done it is wrong.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 01:55 PM
link   
This is the second time in under a week that someone has launched ordinance over the border into Pakistan. The US military denies involvement, and I'm inclined to believe them. The CIA is sort of looking around nervously and whistling.

It's terrorism. America supports terrorism. The War on Terror is also a War of Terror. Reps of the US gov./military have stated in the past that the object of our involvement in the middle east is to terrorize the terrorists. Because terrorism is wrong.

Suddenly it all makes sense.

If you support the American government financially or ideologically, you support terrorism.

I'm afraid that's not even up for debate. It's a matter of observable reality.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 06:27 PM
link   
It would seem that, once again, the CIA has had incorrect information.

They're up to what...0 and 7 now? Maybe they need to change the name to Central Idiot Agency.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by elderban]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:53 PM
link   
The posters that are critical of the CIA, e.g. CIA needs to change their name to Central Idiot Agency
, couldn't and will never hold their own against these men andwomen.

Those that are critical wouldn't have the intelligence to mop the floors and clean the toilets at CIA. The CIA consists of highly trained and highly intelligent personnel from the Special Warfare community of the military. These people don't play around.

snafu7700, the CIA and the military are two different entities. Let me make myself clear. The CIA takes precedence over the military. The military, even SPECWARCOM, can't even match what these guys can do.

People critical of the CIA don't even have a clue of what they're talking about.

Let me get on thing straight, the CIA can do and will continue to do anything they [expletive] want!

Don'y forget that!

[edit on 14/1/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Hmmm..hit a nerve I guess.

Your last post was laughable, given recent revelations in the press about your beloved CIA. How smart do you have to be to know not to hand over sensitive nuke blueprints to the Iranians? How smart do you have to be to know not to use a freakin' rat to deliver the package, not to mention trusting him with the secret of the defect?

C'mon..please tell me you were being sarcastic, poking fun at the elitist attitude of an agency that thinks itself above the law.

The CIA are just guys like anyone else. You may think they're special and above the law, they certainly appear to think so, but the fact is they're human, and they make mistakes. Obviously. They need to be held accountable for those mistakes, or nothing will ever change.

If you want to toe that line some more I could provide extensive documentation of other CIA failures, bloopers, boners, and general screw-ups.

But I got a good chuckle, so thank you.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by WyrdeOne
Hmmm..hit a nerve I guess.

You're damned right it strikes a nerve.

Your last post was laughable, given recent revelations in the press about your beloved CIA.
Screw the media. I'll fight for their stupid right to press, but I have'nt got to like them.

How smart do you have to be to know not to hand over sensitive nuke blueprints to the Iranians? How smart do you have to be to know not to use a freakin' rat to deliver the package, not to mention trusting him with the secret of the defect?

You know, this isn't a James Bond world we live in. There aren't any scripts. We can't possibly know everything about everything. We know more than you'd give us credit for.

C'mon..please tell me you were being sarcastic, poking fun at the elitist attitude of an agency that thinks itself above the law.

Excuse me, but The CIA's not above the law. The CIA doesn't have a law.

The CIA are just guys like anyone else. You may think they're special and above the law, they certainly appear to think so, but the fact is they're human, and they make mistakes.

Of course they're regular people. They come from small towns and big cities. Went to public schools as well as private. Eat at the same fast-food restaurants and enjoy the same movies. And yes, they are prone to mistakes. The CIA's doesn't have the monoploy on reading the enemies minds. Just have to learn from the mistakes that's been made. No two missions are the same.

They need to be held accountable for those mistakes, or nothing will ever change.

Well, mistakes are made, but fortunately, life goes on.

If you want to toe that line some more I could provide extensive documentation of other CIA failures, bloopers, boners, and general screw-ups.

Wyde dude, I'm fully aware of the CIAs failures. If the'd never made any mistakes in the last 50 years, we wouldn't have had the Cold War, Vietnam, a communist Cuba, a communist North Korea, or a war in the Middle East among a seemingly endless list which I haven't got the time to post at this time (and maybe never). The CIA should've never became public. I can thank God that the public aren't aware of everything. They can just speculate until Hell freezes over for all I care.

But I got a good chuckle, so thank you.

Yeah. Right.

[edit on 14/1/06 by Intelearthling]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Wyde dude, I'm fully aware of the CIAs failures. If the'd never made any mistakes in the last 50 years, we wouldn't have had the Cold War, Vietnam, a communist Cuba, a communist North Korea, or a war in the Middle East among a seemingly endless list which I haven't got the time to post at this time (and maybe never). The CIA should've never became public. I can thank God that the public aren't aware of everything. They can just speculate until Hell freezes over for all I care.

For someone that says others are overly critical of the CIA, you certainly are being critical of the CIA.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Intelearthling

Well, mistakes are made, but fortunately, life goes on.

Except for the 17-18 people killed by the CIA. You take a very nonchalant attitude about these deaths. If these were Americans killed by the CIA would you feel the same?Are any and all deaths caused by the CIA justified because obviously they know what they're doing?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 09:52 AM
link   

the CIA and the military are two different entities.

And they both work for what?

They work for the US STATE.

America attacked, and killed Pakistani Women and children.

No matter where you point the fingers nothing changes where they point the fingers, and in the end their opinion is what has value.

This was a Violation of Article Two of the UN Charter, and an act of War.

Who we may or may not have killed means nothing because we create two terrorists for every one we kill this way, and maybe more.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join