It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proper Way to Get Rid of a Ouija Board?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:14 PM
link   
You may well be right. I doubt, as I stated (again, did you read my prior posts?) that a Milton Bradley Toy could do such a thing.

However, I do not discount that such a medium could exist. An ACTUAL Ouija Board. Plastic is not natural, therefore it shouldn't have a 'connection'. Wood is a living thing, so building from nature SHOULD allow a 'connection'.

If your discussion is that a Milton Bradley Ouija isn't a medium, you got no argument from me. But you went farther than that, stating that Life After Death does not exist.

I don't wish to assume, so I asked if you were religious and which religion if any you followed, as it bears on this debate.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
The proper way to get rid of it is to give it to someone you don't like very much. That is likely a harmless gesture, it is out of your place, and if it is a bit nasty, oh well. There are very few people whom I would consider giving it to. But there are some. I know its not very nice, but that is the truth.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by BradKellBrrexkl
I don't wish to assume, so I asked if you were religious and which religion if any you followed, as it bears on this debate.

jewish but I'm not deeply religious (can you tell?).

incidentally, Parker Brothers owns all patents on the ouija, not Milton Bradley. Might as well give credit where credit is due.

Who knows what happens to us when we die? I don't. I do know that there is no known way to communicate with the dead. Can we agree on that much?

now, if there's no known way to communicate with the dead, the ouija is (as you too have agreed upon) a toy and nothing else.

if the ouija is a toy, the odds of it being filled with evil spirits are pretty thin, no?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:21 PM
link   
Crakeur,

I think you missed my sarcasm.
You stated:

"That said, a plastic (or wood if you have the older, more valuable model) game is not filled with evil spirits. It cannot cause you bad luck. It is not a "telephone" to the spirit world. If it was, there'd be one in every home and people wouldn't be so afraid of dying would we? "

So, after that statement, you discuss your belief in aliens. Assuming you think it is acceptable to mock other peoples beliefs because they cannot provide 100% proof......(since that is what you are doing).....you must require 100% proof of ANYthing you believe in - otherwise, it simply isn't believeable. I'd simply like the proof in your beliefs that you require us to provide you with.

Its a bit contradictory, don'cha think?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:25 PM
link   
"You cannot destroy the board, you can only barter or sell it."

I quoted that because that is what I heard in my head after a strange night of playing with a ouija board and having rational people I knew act very strange and claim they were possessed.

I wanted to smash it (long story) and heard that statement in my head like a clear "voice."

I don't really believe, but quite a few weird things did happen when playing with the ouija. Might make a good podcast one day.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:30 PM
link   
we can not agree that contact or communication with the dead is not possible.

I agree a plastic toy from Parker Brothers shouldn't hold such a power of medium. However, you miss the point that this toy was a REPLICA of something prior to it, an ACTUAL Ouija Board. Made of once living material, wood.

Not being deeply religious and not being religious are different things. You are Jewish, as you stated. So you do believe in a Supreme Being, probably called God but in a Jewish way (not English). Do Jews believe in the Trinity? I do not know, so I ask. Does the Jewish text not cite Spirits/Ghosts/Demons/Angels or anything of that sort?

Here's an easier one. Do you pray? If so, why? For that great being/creator/God is but a spirit. His mortal body never existed, the mortal body is as good as dead. The Spirit is all that is left, and when praying that is what you attempt to communicate with or receive from. That is why we can not agree that communication with the non-living does not exist.

If you tell me your God is a living soul, I will tell you our souls live on after the bodies fail. Scientifically, this is the electrical charge that expels from the body when we die (i.e., when the brian finally dies, as it will continue to live approximately 8 minutes after all other organs shut down.) That energy can be reasoned to be the SOUL, and it escaping the body does not expend it (use it up so their is none), it continues to exist, i.e. LIVING. Both religiously and scientificall I have shown REASON to believe that SOULS exist, and IF they EXIST then communication IS POSSIBLE.

Now, if you are NOT religious, we have to go completely scientific.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:36 PM
link   
I don't pray. I don't believe that there are outside forces controlling my life.

when things go wrong for me it is usually my own stupidty that causes it (or a combination of mine and someone else's).

this can go on forever.

I apologize for offending anyone with my disbelief in the ability to communicate with the dead and, in all honesty, I didn't mean to sound mocking with regards to my comments although some of the things people have claimed are, in my opinion, most likely the product of an active imagination.

no, I don't mean you.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
Crakeur,

Thank you for the apology for mocking our beliefs, it takes a decent person to step back and be open to other peoples opinions/ideas/beliefs.

I guess it comes down to just using better words when dealing with text. It isn't easy.

As for aliens, I believe all is possible.....and in regard to that subject, highly probable.....just as I do spirits.

Best wishes.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:48 PM
link   
one part accepted. Thank you for apologizing to those that believe for being callous with those beliefs. Takes a real man or woman to do that. Class act, when you could have went on a ranting tirade. Kudos to you.

Now, on to the discussion. (Please, don't think I am angered or upset with you. I am not. I hope I have not been disrespectful towards you, that is not my intention.)

You don't pray. Is contact with the Jewish God not part of the religion? Forgive me, I know little on Jewish Religious Custom. And, in no way, am I condemming you. My Religious theory would have main stream worshippers condemming me to Hell as quickly as atheists.

I am sure, without reading any text, that your religion does cite communication with Spirits, God included. From a Religious point that should be enough.

However, I went farther, to explain it scientifically (if in short, I can expound).

By my reasoning I can not agree that their isn't some form of life after death, although I probably disagree with the popular notion on how that life is described. If my showing you a 'Scientific Soul' can not persuade you to at least entertain the idea then we are at an impasse. We will agree to disagree. But if you can, even temporarily, concede this point than I can further the case and show more. Perhaps latter steps will confirm the first one, or perhaps later steps will concrete your own beliefs more. The OPINION is yours, and only you can change it if you wish to. I can only show my case. Perhaps you bring a case that changes my mind.

So, we are back to the last step. Spiritual and Scientific Soul are things I have tried to illustrate. If we can concede this for the moment, we can move forward to form our ideas.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
I don't pray. I don't believe that there are outside forces controlling my life.
when things go wrong for me it is usually my own stupidty that causes it (or a combination of mine and someone else's).
I apologize for offending anyone with my disbelief in the ability to communicate with the dead and, in all honesty, I didn't mean to sound mocking with regards to my comments although some of the things people have claimed are, in my opinion, most likely the product of an active imagination.
no, I don't mean you.

Just so you know, I take no offense, and although I have seen examples that have, over time, eventually convinced me. But, I agree, regarding outside forces, thats too easy an out, it was gods will, the devil made me do it. I am like you, mostly the victim of my own stupidity. I have no problem seeing how and why you hold the opinion you do, it is totally reasonable. I have seen differently, in my life, which of course is only relevent to me, and has no bearing on yours. In my experience, the physical reality of some events would definitely require a very active imagination, physically active. If we are living different lives, different beliefs is to be expected. Your lucky, you get the easy one to defend. Nice. It is alot harder trying to retain credibility and be honest, if you are explaining things from this point of view.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 09:13 AM
link   
siriuslyone,
I didn't mean this towards you. I enjoy reading your posts.
What I said was not intended for everyone.
When I bought the Ouija board at a garage sale I had no idea what it was all about because I had never owned one before .
I had never heard anyhing bad or good about one of these boards.
But I soon found out all I wanted to know.

[edit on 20-1-2006 by MagicaRose]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:48 PM
link   
NEVER BURN A OUIJA BOARD!!!

burning the ouija can release evil sprits out of the board. many of which are demons looking to get out anyway. it is legend that if you burn it, you will hear a scream, then die in 36 hours.

the best way to get rid of the ouija board is,
cut in into 7 peices
sprinkle it in holy water 7 times
and bury it 7 feet under ground

yea thats alot of 7's but it will protect you, your family and friends.

keep safe, and good luck

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by jeepin4x4girl

I hope it's biodegradable. If so, just chuck it in the trash bin and say: "Good riddance!"

I am not being flippant.
It's a piece of wood or plastic or whatever - it has no "powers" of its own.

[edit on 14-6-2008 by Vanitas]

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 09:24 PM
link   
Since belief is a major factor here, dont you think that you should dispose of or neutralize the board according to your personal beliefs? If you feel like burning it will help, then burn it, I say. If it makes you feel better, take to a priest.

We had one a long time ago. My friends had them. People used to use them as entertainment like Scrabble or Yatzee. I cant tell you how many times I have used one and yet I never have this bad luck some folks encounter. I mean, bad stuff has happened in my life, but isnt that life? I would never atribute it to a ouija board because I could always see a natural cause and effect. Do people who never use any type of spirit medium device have perfect lives? No, they dont. No disrespect, I just think it would be healthier to reason through some of the bad stuff in life instead of trying to blame it on something so intangible.

posted on Jun, 14 2008 @ 11:26 PM
link   
If you have never witnessed the bad which can come from a seemingly innocuous thing personally, then you should defer judgement to those who say they have. To scorn and scoff is just you puffing up your ego for a cheep thrill at the expense of others. That is whether your position is right or wrong.

I have seen how the Ouija Board can have extremely negative psychological effect on it's user. Yes one user who was not consciously controling the outcome.

I highly recommend you not meddle in things you do not understand. It is not a game you can win at.

posted on Jun, 16 2008 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cyberbian
If you have never witnessed the bad which can come from a seemingly innocuous thing personally, then you should defer judgement to those who say they have. To scorn and scoff is just you puffing up your ego for a cheep thrill at the expense of others. That is whether your position is right or wrong.

I have seen how the Ouija Board can have extremely negative psychological effect on it's user. Yes one user who was not consciously controling the outcome.

I highly recommend you not meddle in things you do not understand. It is not a game you can win at.

Who are you talking to?

posted on Jun, 17 2008 @ 01:49 PM
link   
I had a Ouija board back when I was 15 and was playing with it with two other friends...it was shortly after Kurt Cobain had died and they came up with the idea to see if we could talk to him....so we called him up and asked him some questions, which of course the whole time we were saying "your moving it aren't you...no! you are moving it...nuh uh!" that sort of thing. Then the answers were getting all jumbled up and gibberish, so we asked it we were still talking to Kurt...we got a NO as an answer, so we asked who it was we were now talking to, then the pointer piece (with our hands still on it) started going in a fast figure eight pattern....here is the scary part, after going in a figure eight it pointed at the number 6, then did a little circle and pointed at 6 again, then another little circle and pointed at the 6 again....then it pointed at 10, then 9, then 8...it kept counting down and we were staring to freak out, so when it got to 2 we all yelled "GOODBYE!" and the pointer went down to the bottom where it says "goodbye" then the pointer moved straight up until it fell of the board.

Then about two weeks later when I was alone I took the board back out to mess with it...I was alone at this time and asked to speak with a spirit, then the exact same thing happened again....it pointed at three sixes and started to count down again....I got goosebumps all over me and I yelled "GOODBYE!" and again it said goodbye and went up to fall off the board.
The next day I hung it from a tree and shot it with my high powered BB gun until it fell apart from all the holes in it....then I threw it away.

I have not messed with a Ouija board since but I wonder if the same thing would happen if I did.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by BlackGuardXIII

yes this world is very elastic. as they say everything in combined. the mind can produce many things, so can the body. movies created come from the mind. but it is that which goes into it that produces a thought pattern which in turn brings upon these great movies like chucky and ect. it has to have started somewhere for the human mind to think of something scary. it had to begin somewhere. the mind cannot think up that which does not exist. ive lived and seen some strange things. very abnormal things and i would not put anything past myself or any other person for that matter. hey hitler was not born evil, something must have contributed to his mallicious mind?! so im with you dude/dudette

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by raven bombshell

I was referring in general to the broad assortment of people in this thread who seem to deny the existence of evil, the possability of the spiritual, and existence of anything outside of their own limited experiences.

Thank you for asking R. B.

I watched as my sister was terrorized by a Ouija board. she could place one finger barely in contact with an upside down wineglass on the board and the glass would zoom around the board spelling out horrific messages intimidating and threatening her. She was a nervous wreck by the time we burned that infernal board.

posted on Jul, 7 2008 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandermast

I think you may have been in contact with something that wanted to mess with your mind. THe number 666 is controversial, but many people are very convinced it is the number of "the devil" or "the beast"- so many interpretations. If an entity wanted to freak you out, a sure bet in most cases would be to throw in that number.

edit for typo

[edit on 7-7-2008 by raven bombshell]

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join