It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Proper Way to Get Rid of a Ouija Board?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   
In the midst of many years of bad luck, it just occured to me that the Ouija board might be to blame. Now I haven't used it since I was 14 or 15 years old but I have it stored in my closet and came across it when I was cleaning a couple days back. I heard somewhere that even having a ouija board in your possesion can bring about bad luck, even if not used.

Which leads me to my question, is there any way I could rid of it safetly?
I've heard of many methods, but not sure which one is the right way. I've heard some horror stories of people trying to get rid of their ouija boards only to have found them back in their possesion once again.

What is the proper method to get rid of a ouija board? I need some serious guidance from somebody who knows what they're doing, please.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:28 PM
link   
I would try garage sale or E-Bay. I wonder which machine at the Parker Brothers factory infuses the bad luck.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:55 PM
link   
maybe burn it or smash it or put it in a box and throw it overboard while fishing or perhaps bury it in someones backyard or leave it somewhere maybe the public toilets when u go out shopping.... so many places u can get rid of it.... im sure u will think of something up...

ps world peace

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:15 PM
link   
Well just to inform you, but Penn and Teller did a episode of their mythbusting show about the ouija board. Their studies concluded that the board is nothing more then a rectangular object at which many people play with themsleves in a spiritual game of russian roulette except with a gun full of blanks. They did a test with a group of people and let them play with the board normally. After that they blindfolded everyone and had them try again ...but they switched the board upsidedown to trip them up and see if spirit were using the board. Well the people were still going to the position they thought the answer was (i.e. going up to the yes when the yes question was clearly on the bottom now.) Now they just used ordinary people , so if you are psychically inclined you might have a different expierence. But otherwise you can throw it away. It is just a board game.

-Aza

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Don't throw it away. It's worth at least $5 bucks. It's bad karma to be wasteful.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 02:39 PM
link   
I've seen ouija boards go for more on ebay than you'd pay for it at the store. People can be so stupid.

I however believe that bad luck is all in ones mind.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   
I tend to agree.
Ouija boards are just a tool like say a pendelum or a crystal ball or dowsing rod. If you believe that the ouija board is your souce of "bad luck" then by all means get rid of it, however, if your luck starts to change, you may want to consider the possibility that its your belief causing your bad luck rather than the board.
Just curious, but, what source said that ouija boards are bad luck?

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I burned mine.
It is not just a board game.
My daughter and I played with one when she was 15 yrs old.
From then on our lives were never the same.
She and my Grandson (her son) died in a car accident .
She was 24 and he was 5.
There is much much more to my story than I want to say .
Just burn it.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:23 PM
link   
Wow, now that I remember, when I was a kid i lost My Leather cased-pocket knife, and I found it under the couch with a dowsing rod. I had it one way and it almost bent from my hands in the direction under the couch. It was so cool.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I have heard numerous stories that you must bury it to get rid of this "bad luck"

Try it and tell me what happens

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:04 PM
link   
you guys cant be serious though.
How do you correlate the death of your daughter to using a ouija board 9 years earlier? It seems to me that you had it in your head already that the ouija board is "inherently evil" before you even used it, therefore, when something bad happened in your life, you automatically assume its the ouija boards fault?
Sorry about your loss though. I dont mean to sound callous.

I say, keep the ouija board and destroy your misconceptions about it. If you dont know how to use it or how to handle the outcomes, you shouldnt have bought it in the first place. The board itself is neutral.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by xEphon]

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cicada
I would try garage sale or E-Bay. I wonder which machine at the Parker Brothers factory infuses the bad luck.

lol, actually, it isn't a machine. Pointdexter C. Parker IV infuses each board with a sprinkling of monkey dust.

Originally posted by Cicada
Don't throw it away. It's worth at least $5 bucks. It's bad karma to be wasteful.

thanks Earl

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:15 PM
link   
Don't sell it to anyone else. If there's some kind of evil attached to it it could transfer to the new owner. Imagine some kid buys it for five bucks and brings it home with them. All the sudden their Tickle Me Elmo starts shouting blasphemies and the walls start bangin'.

What I would do is pour some holy water on it, put it in a box with a crucifix and bury the thing.

Peace

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
concoct some nonsensical story about the board being posessed by evil spirits. detail the evil with stories of misdeeds resulting from the board. put it all on ebay and request that someone evil purchase the evil board to further enhance their evilness. send me 25% of the sale price for this brilliant idea.

HS

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 05:57 PM
link   
It is not an inanimate object that brings bad luck, it is evil spirits inside you. For some people, if they didn't have bad luck they wouldn't have any luck at all Jeep. My suggestion is u use it for an artists pallet, mix some colors on it.

'Advice to some folks is about as welcome as a bumblebee in a bathroom.' My advice to you is find a way to believe there is God.

HS

zef

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
concoct some nonsensical story about the board being posessed by evil spirits. detail the evil with stories of misdeeds resulting from the board. put it all on ebay and request that someone evil purchase the evil board to further enhance their evilness. send me 25% of the sale price for this brilliant idea.

ROFL.

zef

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by MagicaRose
I burned mine.
It is not just a board game.
My daughter and I played with one when she was 15 yrs old.
From then on our lives were never the same.
She and my Grandson (her son) died in a car accident .
She was 24 and he was 5.
There is much much more to my story than I want to say .
Just burn it.

I am profoundly sad for your loss. I agree--burn it. I won't have anything to do with one.

[edit on 17-1-2006 by zef]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 02:51 AM
link   
I attended a Christian school from Gr. 3 to 5, and one day someone brought a ouija board to school for show and tell. The Principal took everyone outside and threw it in the burn barrel and burnt it. I will never forget that, cuz as it burned, it made lots of noises. Whistles, shrieks, pops, etc. It made my hair stand up on my neck. The sounds were unreal. Some sounded almost human, like someone screaming in pain.
Other than one time in grade 12, when my girlfriend talked me into it, I haven't gone near one. It's probably just a fluke that all those noises came out of there when it burned. I have heard similar sounds from campfires, etc. But I never heard so many, all at once, as that day.
I am not scared of ouija boards, I just don't like them.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:59 AM
link   
I guess the proper way to rid oneself of such a demonic toy is to say a prayer to God and ask him to bless your decision to get rid of it and to give you the power you need to overcome the evil of the board. I would then take said board outside and bless it with some gasoline and fire it up. Maybe by burning it could send the message to the evil forces not to mess with God or his children.

HS

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:23 PM
link   
perhaps move to India where they believe inanimate things possess power. Most Americans are not superstitious and far more evil than their electric toothbrush. What if the power decides to get out of dodge as you're burning it and makes itself known in your car? Are you going to burn your car next? Perhaps like some psychos, kill a few possessed loved ones? Some people here are far to excited about demonic possession, which in itself is a symptom of demonic possession. Get a grip before spring people, this 2006 is a year all about shifts and changes in the telepathic hierarchy of awareness.

HS

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join