It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

friday the 13th, who cares

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:12 PM
link   
i am so sick of everyone at school being like "its friday the 13th and a full moon!" who cares?!!! and its not even really a full moon, its still in a phase. today is not special, it isnt unlucky its just a friday. thats like saying oh no thanksgiving is on a thurday this year i hope no one chokes on a turkey bone.
its just a day and i have had a particularily good one at that.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:17 PM
link   
how strange, cos today i felt the need to download the brain wave generator thing to help me have an actual OOBE(out of body experience), but all i got is a frigging headache and now i want to smash evertythingup.
how cool is this: see me go mad and change into a super sayan!

ps world peace

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:30 PM
link   
OMG!!! I didnt even realize that!!!! NO wonder. I was supposed to be packing for a wonderfully romantic weekend with my husband. Its our 6th anniversary. My mom was going to take all the kids all night long tomorow night for the first time since our 1st anniversary. BUT My daughter came down with the flu today so we had to reschedule. My cousin is pregnant, and due on the 1st. She has been having nasty contractions all day, and looks like she might have her little girl tonight.....might. After everything that happened today, I was wondering if I was cursed or something. I had no idea it was the 13th HAHAHA Ok, well at least I know it will all be better tomorow........hummm or at least I hope so.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheBlueSoldier
Another famous example of the Catholic church being corrupt dates back to the crusades. The Knights Templars, which were extremely devout warriors of the Church, took hold of a castle while battling the enemy. Inside of the castle walls, they found the (im not sure if they really are) lost chapters of the bible. These were later to be called the apocryphal bible and had books by Mary Magdalene and various others. When the church found out, they accused the Knights Templars of heresy. The Catholic Church ordered the apocryphal bible to be hidden again, and accused the devout Templars of practicing witchcraft, conspiring against the Pope, urinating on the cross, disobeying the will of God, and other absurd activities. Thousands of Knights Templars were rounded up and put into prisons. These knights fought and died for what they believed in, and the church had no right to do this to them. They were all tortured for weeks on end, and finally slaughtered on October 13, 1307. This is also why people consider Friday the 13th unlucky.

Just a little something from another thread concerning Friday the 13th and why it isn't JUST another day...

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I was born on June 13, 1987, which happens to be Friday the 13th.

Every few years it happens to be a friday.

posted on Jan, 29 2006 @ 02:45 PM
link   
You know whats really sad. I have a friend who is 20 years old and she lives with her parents. For her last birthday I bought her a deck of tarot cards. On this last Friday the 13th her father took away the tarot cards I bought her saying it's not a good idea to be using them at this time, and he hasn't given them back to her yet.

First of all, she is an adult, where does he get off taking her things away from her? Second of all, I paid good money for those cards! Third of all, pieces of cardboard with pretty pictures on them are not going to cause evil havoc.

I am a bit superstitious myself, but I just think that is going overboard.

[edit on 29-1-2006 by snowflake_obsidian]

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 05:54 AM
link   
snowflake :

Tarot cards are a amazing spiritual objects, if used properly.
Some beliefs believe that when you mess with Tarot cards you can open a nexuses into the demon world.

I never believed in Friday the 13th until 12:01 on Friday 13th my mum was in pain and she was rushed into hospital. (don't worry she is A-OK now).

Maybe coincidence but i don't think so. In my opinion.

oni x x

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 09:50 AM
link   
I have heard that in latin america its thursday the 13th, (or was it tuesday?), not friday.

Thats interesting because, how'd it become that day? We often attribute the Friday aspect to the templars being proscribed on Friday 13th, but then what of this variation? And latin america probably got it from spain no?

Originally posted by snowflake_obsidian
First of all, she is an adult, where does he get off taking her things away from her?

If she is an adult then how'd she let him take it from her?

posted on Jan, 30 2006 @ 03:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
snowflake :

Tarot cards are a amazing spiritual objects, if used properly.
Some beliefs believe that when you mess with Tarot cards you can open a nexuses into the demon world.
oni x x

I have been reading tarot for 7 years and personally I believe the power is in the reader not the cards themselves. But yeah I do understand that there are a lot of people who believe the power is in the cards themselves, and that power can be bad.

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 07:00 AM
link   
i also believe it is in the reader as well but the Cards hold power.... IMO.

What got you into reading Tarot? has any of the predictions came true?

oni x x

posted on Jan, 31 2006 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oni x x
i also believe it is in the reader as well but the Cards hold power.... IMO.

What got you into reading Tarot? has any of the predictions came true?

oni x x

I got into tarot reading when I was 18 and my friend dragged me to a psychic fair. I was extremily impressed with the reading I got, so I decided to get a deck of my own that day.

I don't like to make predictions as I believe that the future is constantly changing and our actions can change what happens to us in the future day by day. I use the cards to make clear what is going on in current situations and maybe help me point out things that me, or my querent isn't seeing.

The cards have told me things about querents that they didnt want me to know, but hey, they were the ones that asked for a general reading. I usually prefer to read specific questions than general readings.

posted on Feb, 2 2006 @ 01:24 PM
link   
Me...I cared...

On Friday the 13th within about 8 minutes of being at work i ended up with electrical burns all over my right hand...Was in hospital for 5 hours and ended up with a great big bandage on each finger...

I was later told to keep out of the sun for 6 months...so the fact that i flew to Lanzarote 3 days later and had to wear 100% sunblock on my right arm was highly annoying!!!

Next Friday the 13th im staying in bed...

Mic

[edit on 2/2/2006 by MickeyDee]

new topics

top topics

join