It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is Iran about to be attacked soon???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
According to this link Russia is pulling it's support to Iran.This could be a sign that Russia knows Iran is about to be attacked soon

www.kommersant.com...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:00 PM
link   
and yet bush comes out

Bush urges Iran nuclear diplomacy
US President George W Bush has said he wants to resolve the Iranian nuclear crisis through peaceful means.
After talks in Washington with German Chancellor Angela Merkel, Mr Bush said both leaders sought to solve the issue "diplomatically by working together".

President Bush refused to be drawn on whether the UN Security Council should impose sanctions on Iran.

Iran insists it has a right to peaceful nuclear technology and denies seeking atomic weapons.

It has threatened to halt snap inspections of its nuclear facilities and resume uranium enrichment if the issue is sent to the Security Council.

Ms Merkel - on her first US visit since taking office - said Europe and the US must take a united stand on Iran.

On Thursday, the German, French and British foreign ministers called for the UN to deal with Iran's nuclear programme.

But, in a sign of divisions within the international community over how to proceed, China's UN ambassador Wang Guangya warned on Friday that referring Iran to the Security Council "might complicate the issue".

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:08 PM
link   
Wow, fancy that. Bush calling for a peaceful resolution.

Feels like we're on an episode of that old show on Nickelodeon, You Can't Do That on Television, and this is the introduction to the opposites. Anybody remember that? Probably not, oh well.

By the way bodrul, funny avatar. Is that a jewish Roger Ramjet? (man I'm getting old)

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by 27jd
By the way bodrul, funny avatar. Is that a jewish Roger Ramjet? (man I'm getting old)

wouldnt know

who roger ramjet

on another note it is kind of shocking seeing Bush talk deplomacy
or it could be a cover plan for an attack

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
wouldnt know

who roger ramjet

It's a really old cartoon from here in the states. It was a guy in a jet that looked like the one on your avatar, and he was always followed by a bunch of kids in smaller jets just like it. I think they always saved the day and what not.

on another note it is kind of shocking seeing Bush talk deplomacy
or it could be a cover plan for an attack

Let's hope not, I don't want any more nukes in the world, but it would be real nice if that could be achieved peacefully.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:42 PM
link   

www.kommersant.com...
The European Union decided to break off negotiations with Iran on its nuclear program.

Thats pretty stunning in an of itself. If the EU won't follow through with international pressure, its up to see what the UN and IAEA will do.

The final decision on the holding of an extraordinary meeting of the International Atomic Energy Agency and the forwarding of the Iranian dossier to the UN Security Council will be made next week in London at negotiations with representatives of the United States, EU, Russia and China.

We might know by next week then. If there is no movement for pressure on iran, things might happen very fast. If there is pressure but on them, and they still don't comply, it'll take longer. Looks pretty inevitable at this point though. The iranians have their nuclear "engergy" programme under the ambit of their Revolutionary Guard, ie, its under radical military control, and ahmenidijad doesn't seem like he's trying to make any friends. Maybe he isn't planning on having to run in another election.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Revolutionary Guard in Iran are suppose to be the highly trained so its no supprise that they are the ones garding it
better defended then left wide open to be flatened

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   
bodrul, its a militia, not "highly" trained soldiers.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:36 PM
link   
"Cry HAVOC and let slip the dogs of war"

At this point, I fully support an invasion. In fact I'm calling tomorrow to see if I can transfer from USAF to Marines.

[edit on 13-1-2006 by Dronetek]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:48 PM
link   
Tough call on this one. If they continue their open defiance and diplomatic stall tactics, the US and EU have no choice but to take it to the security council. Its not just the US on their case, its its the IAEA, UN, and the EU. If they are all into this there must be something going down in Iran that we dont know. The coming months will tell I think, but I dont think it will come down to war unless Iran goes public with some kind of nuclear weapons program. Which would be the dumbest and arrogant move they can make. We'll see I guess.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:07 PM
link   
The security council will do NOTHING, China is opposed to any security council economic sanctions, Russia is unlikly to go for it either, the EU might put some sanctions on Iran but who the f cares, how much trade does Iran really do with the EU anyways, and EU sanctions are liky to have as many holes as swiss chees, countries like Norway are not even in the EU, and Norway is totally critical of US policy..so maybe it goes to the SC and ends there in stalmate, that leaves US/Israeli military options-which as we have discussed on the other threads os 0, the risks involved in attacking Iran with US forces vulnerable right next door in Iraq are too great to stop what is a foregone conclusion-Iran has/will have nuclear weapons.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by bodrul
Revolutionary Guard in Iran are suppose to be the highly trained so its no supprise that they are the ones garding it

They're not guarding it, they are in charge of the programm.

better defended then left wide open to be flatened

The Guard won't be able to stop hypersonic stealth remotely controlled cruise missiles. Hopefully they are all guarding it if there is a strike on the plant.

I suspect that if there is a war, the plant will be left alone, that way the US, once its occupied the country, can go through it, for evidence of weapons planning, and perhaps, more importantly (in so far as I doubt they'd leave evidence there) to be able to say 'under the revolution, it was a weapons plant, now it peacefully produces power for the people.' etc.

namehere
its a militia, not "highly" trained soldiers

No way man, these are battle hardened zealots. The iraqi Republican Guard melted away and maybe at most made up part of the insurgency. The Revolutionary Guard will not be dispensed with so easily.

dronetek
At this point, I fully support an invasion.

An Iran War will be far worse than the Iraq War, both in terms of the actual fighting and the insurgency, and godknowswhat the reaction will be to the US having control of nearly all of central asia (iraq, iran, and afghanistan under occupation, an alliance with pakistan, freindly relations with jordan, partners in the other 'stans, etc). Very Dangerous. Plus, there is still a good oppurtunity for peace, if the UN and IAEA can stay in Iran and allay the suspicions that its building a weapon, or even get them to agree that they have no right to a nuclear weapon (which was the agreement made in the first place to get the tech to start off with).

Mod Edit: Fixed Quote Tag.

[edit on 14/1/2006 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 07:52 AM
link   
here is a couple more to support that Iran willbe attack-SOON!!

www.spacewar.com...

www.raidersnewsupdate.com...

www.spacewar.com...

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I hope it doesnt happen but it kinda seems inevitable seeing the latest news, hope a "change of mind" happens before all it kicks off

Originally posted by namehere
bodrul, its a militia, not "highly" trained soldiers.

These dont like look no militia to me

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
No way man, these are battle hardened zealots. The iraqi Republican Guard melted away and maybe at most made up part of the insurgency. The Revolutionary Guard will not be dispensed with so easily.

They USED to be battle hardened. The last conflict Iran had, ended in 1988. 18 years of not doing ANYTHING. Were this whole nuclear situation happening in 1989, I would agree that we would be taking on a formidable foe, but in this case it will be your average trained soldier we'll be fighting against.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tripnastic

Originally posted by Nygdan

They USED to be battle hardened. The last conflict Iran had, ended in 1988. 18 years of not doing ANYTHING. Were this whole nuclear situation happening in 1989, I would agree that we would be taking on a formidable foe, but in this case it will be your average trained soldier we'll be fighting against.

Incorrect, Iran has been at war ever since the revolution against the National Liberation Army (also known as the terrorist .org MKO/MKE) funded by Saddam ever since the start of the Iran-Iraq war until the US disabled them in the 2003 invasion.

[edit on 14-1-2006 by shire19]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I think it's interesting that the Russians are pulling their support. I think the Iranians made a major miscaculation when they refused the Russian's latest offer, assuming the Russians would support them anyway. Instead Russia appears to have decided the current Iranian regime's intransigence is endemic and that their efforts to support them are wasted. Bad news for the Iranians, good news for US pilots, who now won't have to face S-300's should the US strike.

I would say the withdrawal of Russian support is the most significant recent development in the crisis. Without Russian material support the Iranians' abilility to defend against any US action is going to be badly undercut.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 04:13 PM
link   
Well look at it this way:
You can stand and fight and cause a world war (if bush bombed Russian soldiers there WOULD be a world war and the russian economy would get a MASSIVE boost because they need people suddenly) so if russia pulls out entirely they may be doing something else:
Giving support (weapons, missiles, etc.)
Just because it looks like the enemy is retreating or your enemy to be doesnt meen they are. A classic example would be the Mongol attacks on the western nations. Charge headlong then fall back and force them into a charge, turn round and slaughter them all because they lost rank in their rush at you.
Iran will be invaded by bush or the next "leader" that goes in one way or another economic or direct methods.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Here are some more news items to that point to posturing for a near future attack

today.reuters.com...

www.worldnetdaily.com...

It seems like the rhetoric for attacking Iran is heating up rather quickly in the news...It will be very interesting what this week will be like for the UN and IAEA

new topics

top topics

join