It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A ghost hunter with little experience and no place to search

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:40 PM
link   
If someone knows a haunted location in eastern kentucky, please post it here.(oh, and no links to listing sites, they don't have much info, I need a place that is around, if you know this place, Breatthit of Owsley county)

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I found this on a site titled "Haunted Places in Kentucky...

EXCERPT:
Breathitt County - Old Vancleave Bible Institute - Located near Frozen Creek, this was once a bible school which housed both male and female students. Due to the difficult terrain, students lived on campus. In the flood of 1939, many students and staff perished while holing up in the boiler room. (They were warned of a tornado, not flood). Little remains of the school after the flood. Buildings include a dorm, a gym and a stone chapel. It has been reported that sounds of children laughing and crying can be heard. It is also reported that heat can be felt coming from the "punishment rooms".

Here's the link if you care to look
theshadowlands.net...

Be careful because one time some friends and I decided we were going to go ghost hunting and got much more than we bargained for.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:17 AM
link   
im sure u will find a couple in the cemetary. try after midnight, thats when spooky things start to happen, in my experience. by the way, if this is some kind of dare, pls be careful. i would rather u stay at home and be safe.
if u gotta go, u gotta go i guess. try to go with someone.
and be careful.
i have heard and felt enough things from people around me to not filter out everything about the supernatural.

ps world peace

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 02:37 AM
link   
You are not a ghost hunter. You are a wanna be ghost hunter.

I hope this helps.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 08:24 AM
link   

You are not a ghost hunter. You are a wanna be ghost hunter

Thanks for basically quoting my first sentence. Do you not understand the term "new". What makes you the authority to tell me this. (Not to sound like a b**ch, but that was a smart alec remark)

[edit on 15-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by yidd1sh
You are not a ghost hunter. You are a wanna be ghost hunter.

I hope this helps.

Oh that's real helpful. Keep in mind everyone has to start somewhere. If we were to use your rationale, then judging by your ATS points, you would be a wanna-be poster.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I agree with the cemetary comment.. the older the better. Go between the hours of midnight and 6am. Bring a digital camera, video camera, and a high resolution tape recorder... Walk around the graves and ask questions, making notes of what grave you were at when the question was asked. And let us know what you find!!!

If you've exausted those options, old playgrounds might yeild something too...

Basicly just do your research... find places where accidents/murders/death has happened and go there. You never know what you may find...

And finally, BE CAREFUL!!!! You never know when an inhuman spirit is lurking around.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 11:52 AM
link   
I would like to say something. As far as hunting ghosts go my friend.
The most important part of this field is not to look at it as a hunting sort of thing.

Ghosts are everywhere some are so faint you dont feel them much at all while others can make you have a heart attack by being present.

Do not focus on mechanicl means of recording for that is the best way to not feel or see anything.While cameras and lights will make one feel courageous and like a ghost hunter vamp slayer or what ever.They actually can hinder ones perception.Remember you are dealing with etheral entities not physical ones.

As far as going to grave yards i would agree.Be careful as to how you do this though.The best way is to befriend the area in which you wish to visit.
Ecspeacialy being new to the game you dont want to piss anything off.

In graveyards there are many possibiliteies for spectres and such.Being usually undisturbed by the living it makes a great sort of resting/hiding place for the supernatural.

Your intentions will play a big part in how well you succeed and dont worry things take time so to speak.Just like animals can sense everything you feel.We emminate huge amounts of personal energies into the spectral realm.Most people can feel evil prescences due to mostly fear of the unknown summoning beings that are tied to this feeling.

Know what it is that you are trying to do here.Question your motives.If you are trying to understand and search for what you think is there.You just might find it....Scarecrow

new topics

top topics

join