It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yonaguni ( Ancient Civilazation ) possible connection to Atlantis?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 05:32 PM
link   
I have done a search here on ATS and can not find anything.

I have found a little on the web, most sites say it is linked to Atlantis.

Any thoughts.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Personally I don't believe Atlantis lies anywhere in the Pacific Ocean but I also believe that there were other cultures in existence that could have created things like the Yonaguni monument that is now under water. Can you elaborate on what you have found on the Yonanugi culture?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Now is it possible to be built 8,000 to 10,000 years ago as being reported at this web site.

www.morien-institute.org...

See I know virtually nothing on this subject. I saw a segment on the History channel, and have checked out a couple web sites but was trying to get the fell from others on weather this was built or is some sort of natural formation.

I was hoping Byrd and others would chime in and give me some insight to this topic.

I have read where some think it is naturally formed like the Bimini road.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 06:57 PM
link   
From what I have read most mainline archaeologists believe the Yonaguni monument to be a natural formation. That doesn't mean that an early culture couldn't have come along and shaped it a little more to suit their needs. I believe Graham Hancock favours the manmade idea, I read his "Underworld" a while ago so I can't be sure. From the photos, it seems to have lines that are too clean for natural rock, but not being a geologist, I don't know for sure. I enjoyed reading "Voices of the Rocks" by Schoch. I think it is probably a natural stone formation that was further shaped by people. Who those people were, where they came from etc. I have no idea, it just seems to be possible.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sparkie the Wondersnail
Personally I don't believe Atlantis lies anywhere in the Pacific Ocean but I also believe that there were other cultures in existence that could have created things like the Yonaguni monument that is now under water. Can you elaborate on what you have found on the Yonanugi culture?

i agree with you on this because I believe atlantis was in the atlantic ocean. why? because of names

atlantis
ocean of atlantis
atlantic ocean.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:15 PM
link   

From what I have read most mainline archaeologists believe the Yonaguni monument to be a natural formation.

I saw the same documentary on history, and I was surprised that no institution ever made an expedition to check Yonaguni, but apparently all of them are very sure that whole structure was man made.
History channel has sand its crew to document structure, and while doing it, they were lead to the place called podium, where diver showed them possible stature on one of the corners. If nature has built this, then nature is good mathematician, as this huge stone is 70’ by 70’.
Also there is grave site on the island near the site. Architectural remains of tombs are not even similar to the other tombs in Japan.
One of the skeptics, who was there and is trying to prove that nature made these structure did not have a good explanation for the graves, and made his claim before they discovered podium, but yet, all institutions are taking his claim as answer to structures.
As I said, it is surprising that no one is willing to investigate Yonaguni.

@ MarkLuitzen - And yet Plato didn't even call it Atlantis, but Atlnatida. I don't believe that Atlantis has to do anything with Atlantic. Actually I am more prone to believe that name was not even close to what Plato tell us.

[edit on 1/14/06 by vietifulJoe]

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by bpletcj
I have read where some think it is naturally formed like the Bimini road.

Actually it's not "some" that think this, it's everybody on Earth that should know about it that thinks it is a natural formation, except for one geologist in Japan.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Harte
Actually it's not "some" that think this, it's everybody on Earth that should know about it that thinks it is a natural formation, except for one geologist in Japan.

Harte,
How many of those on earth have studied the stones and surrounding? What about the graves near the stones?

Here are the pictures:

(c) www.soul-guidance.com...

(c) www.bibliotecapleyades.net...

(c) www.yukai.jp...

[edit on 1/14/06 by vietifulJoe]

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Thats what I keep hearing as well, the scholars that are saying it is natural wont come near the sit, the ones that go to the site either change there stance to man made or unknown ( want to study more before passing judgment).

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:43 AM
link   
To my mind, the history of mankind on earth has been deliberately 'confused'.
'Facts', built on 'stands', built on 'the accepted', built on suppositions, etc. and all based on 'filling in the holes' with 'guess work'.

Sure those who make a living in the field don't like to talk about it that way, but when you take away all the 'key words' that inspire a sence of respect in the 'professionals' and leave the lay, hearers, with a sence of ignorance, it is what they admit.
Why else would so many people, work so hard at finding something that changes what we 'thought' we 'knew', if they didn't already admit we 'know' so little?

Now what if say, the Tyre of Hiram's day, turned out to be modern Japan/China (it fits in so many ways, if, you read The Bible as a world, and not middle eastern, book) how would the secular world react to finding The Bible was written for and about the whole world?
I think, in a way that would 'pay them' to keep the truth of history, "buried" and what's already dug up, "confused".

I'm not making a claim, but only throwing out a different paradigm from which to concider archeology.

To my eye and mind, these findings off Japan are man made and were once on land before one of their famous earthquakes.
One of the local villages have had such an old legend about this place that fell into the sea, some thought of it just as that, a legendry myth, yet others stuck by the claim that it was fact but so old, details were long lost.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 07:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by MarkLuitzen

i agree with you on this because I believe atlantis was in the atlantic ocean. why? because of names

atlantis
ocean of atlantis
atlantic ocean.

This is not true. It is the other way around. The search for Atlantis gave birth to the name of the Atlantic Ocean.

posted on Jan, 15 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by vietifulJoe

Harte,
How many of those on earth have studied the stones and surrounding? What about the graves near the stones?

I assume you mean the tombs that are to be found on Yonaguni? What about them? What have they to do with the formation under water?

Originally posted by bpletcj
the scholars that are saying it is natural wont come near the sit, the ones that go to the site either change there stance to man made or unknown ( want to study more before passing judgment).

One reason that many geologists don't go to the site is that they have seen this kind of formation before, on dry land, and can't waste their funding on something they can explain by looking at the pictures of it.
The following is from a usenet discussion between a "believer" and a geologist.

What point is that... all I have said is that I see nothing at the site that does not have a natural explanation. You on the other hand have continually asserted that the outcrop is artificial and your only defense is that there is an apparent diversity in so called "anomalies" that you seem very reluctant to specify.
Source:www.ramtops.co.uk...
Note, many of the links to photos at that page no longer work. Several of the links to the Team Atlantis site pics are still working though.

Dr Paul Weinzweig: "The marine structures at Yonaguni, as I understand them, bear close resemblance to the terraced terrestrial geology.
Source:
www.marsearthconnection.com...
Weinzweig is from Advanced Digital Communications and this quote from him came while he was attempting to interpret the strange sonar readings taken off the coast of Cuba.

My current working hypothesis is that the Yonaguni Monument is primarily of natural origin; that is, its overall structure is the result of natural geological and geomorphological processes. I think it should be considered a primarily natural structure until more evidence is found to the contrary. However, by no means do I feel that this is an absolutely closed case. The question of its genesis - artificial versus natural - may not be an all or nothing question. (Dr. Robert Schoch)
Source: www.morien-institute.org...
Schoch is, of course, the geophysicist that stirred up egyptology with his "re-dating the sphinx" paper.
Some "dry land" photos of Yonaguni show similar "structures" (really geomorphologies) around the island, and guess what, nobody's pointing at them crying "Man-Made! Man-Made!

[edit on 1/15/2006 by Harte]

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 04:39 AM
link   

I assume you mean the tombs that are to be found on Yonaguni? What about them? What have they to do with the formation under water?

No, you assumed wrong. Near the site, on the island there is a grave yard, with unusual tombs not seen anywhere else. Neither this has been investigated nor dated, but seems all worlds scientists already made their mind about it. Check the last picture I posted.

I personally don’t believe that these ruins are from Atlantis, but newer less they should be investigated. God knows what might lie below or near this site in the water. Just check what different geologists think about mountain in Bosnia which is pyramid shaped. But that, same Yonaguni should be investigated, and then if nothing has been find, left to rest.

And again, I never saw anywhere else in world that ocean made so nice 90 degree angles and steps like the one on this site.

And biggest skeptic, the only one who first came there said first that he believes this to be natural phenomenon, but later he also said that people might have done some work on this (not that they created, but just made it useful).

IMHO, ruins looks exactly as it should after ages undersea, and it is interesting that no one likes to investigate it.

posted on Jan, 16 2006 @ 08:07 PM
link   
I have heard that was lemuria. If Swedlow and the people at Montauk are for real, Atlantis was on Mars. There are a few cities underwater that could be parts of previous root races or maybe before the flood.
Bimini road, yonaguni, etc.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Atlantis Rising Magazine

Xpeditions Magazine

Okinawa Prefectural Government

Leiden Univ. pages on Ancient Archaeology

Some links that I found informative when I first looked into this find, sometime last year.... Good pictures.

new topics

top topics

join