It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Internet= end of secret societies?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:22 PM
link   
How secret can these groups remain if they utilise the internet?
Check this out.
www.freemasonstore.com...
Now at first glance it would seem like common stuff we already know, however if you pay attention....
Their pins and symbols offered include items that I did not previously encounter in relation to the fraternity..
Art work, and accessories reveal much including links to Isis and QuetZlecoatl, which were previously not known as masonic related.
Indeed the internet is a well of knowledge and I wonder if it may put an end to the secrecy.
It's only a matter of time.

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by NephraTari]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:42 PM
link   
my best guess is that you are aware of & sensitive that their 'secret society' is morphing into a FOR PROFIT Corp.

Previously, the shiney objects, were obligatory ornamentation for the upward mobile members...

but the 'survival' aspect, in this consumer culture, has directed/guided all these faternities/secret clubs/ et al
to adopt a merchandizing arm, to finance themselves.

the internet makes this affordable & possible

What will play out next, is the survival of the fittest among these orgs... some are destined for obscurity...

the 'big gorilla' (NWO- Illuminati...) will cause the internet ISP array found today to be regulated to maybe 4 or 6 huge, wealthy, 'control apparatus' ISPs...
thus freezing out the small, fringe groups...

so, my take on your post, is a sorta BOOM-ER-ANG thing-

as the internet/www--> causes some/many of the unsuccessful 'secret societies' to become take-over targets, merger/ aquisitions, for the successful conglomerates......

watch FCC....FTC...Commerce Depts...Expiration of the TAX Moratorium of the internet, ( this November) => then a lot of back-room deals will transpire....

What more do you see, NephraTari ?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:59 PM
link   
What is on line is infinitesimal compared with the store of knowledge of organisations like Freemasonry. No so-called secrets are on the store site.

Anyone can read entire rituals by going to a bookstore and buying them, without even needing recourse to any website.

Anyone can assume anything from looking at a chart of symbols, and might get some of the way to an understanding some core mythology.

But the value of an organisation like that is quite different to whatever secrets people may think they have uncovered, and while it is likely to continue to go through ebbs and flows, the purpose behind it will carry it on for dozens of generations to come.

riffraff, the sale of items through designated approved manufacturers has long been associated with voluntary and charitable organisations, there is not much new here unless you believe it has extended to sale of regalia to non-members? The oldest such manufacturers date to before 1800.

nephra, there is no direct connection with the deities that you mention, but it's interesting that you mention them. Egyptology is important. Latin American systems play little part though.

Your agenda seems to be to protect your husband from "evil", but to gain knowledge of secrets at the same time. That is odd isn't it?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 04:32 PM
link   
I can only imagine that an organisation that has existed for hundreds/thousands of years has many, many skills and assets that exist outside of the periphery of the mass-media - including the internet.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:04 PM
link   
I have found the ellusive symbol on the dollar bill!
The one that no one has been able to connect with masonry or Illuminati.

I found its origin.

www.geheime-gesellschaften.de...
Now would someone please translate this for me?

This just goes to show that the internet is a great tool for unraveling secrets.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar

nephra, there is no direct connection with the deities that you mention, but it's interesting that you mention them. Egyptology is important. Latin American systems play little part though.

Your agenda seems to be to protect your husband from "evil", but to gain knowledge of secrets at the same time. That is odd isn't it?

Protect him? no. My children? perhaps.
I am of the mindset that knowledge should not be withheld, it should be shared for growth as a race.
All knowledge should be open to all. To try to stop the transfer of certain knowledge from one group to another is a form of control.
Keeping the public in the dark.. misleading people to control how they think and what they believe is anti-productive to humanity as whole.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 05:17 PM
link   
On 1 May 1776 Adam pointing head in Ingolstadt created the medal of the Illuminaten. The combination became because of their radical aufklaererischen attitude already in their start time, then however particularly after the French revolution article of savages speculations and conspiracy theories, which find straight today also in the InterNet their precipitation.

The medal worked until approximately 1788 and could into his more as 70 addresses in the old person realm as abroad neighbouring more than 1500 members win. The close connection with the free bricklaying like its cross-linking with all ranges from state, church and society in the "Ancien R�gime" underline its exposed position and his outstanding meaning in the network of the enlightened societies of the eight tenth century.

On the following pages you find original documents of the medal, newer investigations and not least Portraits of some persons, who belonged to the combination. A large "thank-beautifully" goes at Christine Schaubs, which supplied a contribution for the young remote travel of this side without to hesitating.

hope this will help.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:22 PM
link   
The above post is another example of the comedy that occurs when translation programs get it all wrong.

Read it while keeping a straight face at all times, and you are a better reader than me.

Although I pick up the sentiments OK.

There are at least 30 threads dealing specifically with Illuminati that I have seen at ATS.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:35 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaskedAvatar
The above post is another example of the comedy that occurs when translation programs get it all wrong.

Read it while keeping a straight face at all times, and you are a better reader than me.

Although I pick up the sentiments OK.

There are at least 30 threads dealing specifically with Illuminati that I have seen at ATS.
LOL
no I was not able to keep a straight face.
I think I would prefer a translation from someone that speaks the language, which is why I did not use one of those translators myself.

While the topic includes the illluminati it is only a part of the topic... The question is... Does the internet threaten the secrecy of these fraternal orders?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by NephraTari
....The question is... Does the internet threaten the secrecy of these fraternal orders?

No. You can cover real facts with more dust and noise. Disinformation at least from Mr. Goebels times is a perfect tool to keep secrets totally hidden.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
im sorry, since im kind of new here and a lil ignorant, i thought i would try and be helpful and maybe make some friends, i just thought it would be a good idea. i will know for future refernce to keep my thoughts to myself.
however since im already typing, the internet is the end of the old secrets and begining of the new. these people know that they can not be kept a secret anymore information is just to readily available. so in order to fix this they put up these web sites with all these false motives to make them selfes look a lil better than they really are, sell some crapy merchandise and they are good people. while behind these sites they are operating at full capacity doing what they always have been doing.
also, i just tried reading that crap i translated and would like to apologize.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:54 PM
link   
No problem with me.

Don't keep your thoughts to yourself. Just be aware that inaccurate translation can lead to comedy.

My favorite bits were:

"Adam pointing head"

and

"free bricklaying".

I think there is an overemphasis being placed on the symbolry and "secrets" by which members of fraternal orders know each other. If those things are the extent of what distinguishes members of the organisations from others, then there isn't much point to the organisations.

More important measures of membership are teaching and living by certain precepts (as might happen for members of a church), mutual support of families and communities, and charitable purposes in general.

Obviously here I am referring to the traditional fraternal orders, and not politically loaded things which are less well understood by ATS members such as Illuminati, NWO (which is no organisation as such), some of the more power-concentrated college fraternities, and global phenomena such as the Bildebergs and cabal.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Through the ages, secret societies have kept thier stuff hidden out in the open, mixed right in with all the noise signals. The info is there, yes, but what to do with it[technology] is passed individual to individual. You can find all sorts of stuff on the net, but it is hard to tell the gold from the sh!#.

wormspew

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 06:59 PM
link   
I think we should all chip in and buy the trivia CD Rom from that sight. After all, who could win a debate if you have the secret decoder ring?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:00 PM
link   
well said riffraff...

it will take money to take control...

and the control of information to hold control.

[Edited on 1-10-2003 by smirkley]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by herm
... You can find all sorts of stuff on the net, but it is hard to tell the gold from the sh!#.

Symbols, isolated facts, some just revealed secrets are like single water particles � almost totally unimportant. But you may observe waves, storms and that way you are much closer to the truth.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kronos

Originally posted by herm
... You can find all sorts of stuff on the net, but it is hard to tell the gold from the sh!#.

Symbols, isolated facts, some just revealed secrets are like single water particles � almost totally unimportant. But you may observe waves, storms and that way you are much closer to the truth.

Or in other words.. with enough pieces you can put together any puzzle.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 07:46 PM
link   

But the problem is all the pieces of all the puzzles are mixed together in one box. Some pieces will never fit, some come from puzzles where many of the pieces were lost a long time ago.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by smirkley

But the problem is all the pieces of all the puzzles are mixed together in one box. Some pieces will never fit, some come from puzzles where many of the pieces were lost a long time ago.

Go few steps back and look from the distance and you will see a picture. Like with ocean or TV screen � if you are too close you see only dots.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join