It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vampire!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbid
You're trying to tell me there are no vampires on earth... Well if you read back to earlier days when there was no communication from one place to another you'll find around the same time there were many sighting of vampires and they all had some of the same attributes. Coincidence doesn't even come close. People from other ends of this planet in all different tongues saw the same type of thing. And also you can't just say that since there were differences that they aren't vampires because all vampires are the same... You must think of it as population as we see it now. There are different colored people, people with odd shapes, sizes, immunities, and allergies. I've studied vampirism for abour 12 years going from "The nightmare before christmas" (still good movie) to the true life accounts of people. There are many people who don't believe themselves to be vampires but if you told them vampires aren't real, they may bite your face off because they were attacked. No one will ever be able to tell me I'm wrong, because I know what I know. If you all had the same experiances as I, you would believe too.

Right, same thing for bigfoot, ufos, dragons, unicorns, giants, and more...
Still does not mean they exist.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Morbid?
I think its a common Paranoia amongst towns folk.
A Bi-Polar, could easily have been called a Demon in disguise.
Deep

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by ZeroDeep]

ID

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:20 PM
link   
There is not sufficient evidence to support the concept of a sub race of humans that requires regular blood to sustain themselves do to a genetic deficiency. Is such a sub-race existed with as many physical advantages as they are said to have (superior strength and the ability to morph into bats to name a two) they would have already dominated this planet. It is the same argument with Dragons, how could a creature with this many advantages fail to become the dominant species in it's environment? It simply is not a logical conclusion. Myths spread like wild fire and often transcend language barriers. Winston Churchill said it best "A lie has gone halfway around the world before the Truth has a chance to get it's pants on."

Simply because many people believe something does not provide enough evidence for that thing to be called fact, without physical evidence it is simply rumors, speculation, and wishful thinking.

A widely believed rumor is still simply a rumor, without fact nothing can be proven and nothing can be successfully argued. You can bring me all the opinions in the world and I will remain unconvinced, but bring me one uncompromisable, pure fact and I will tip my hat to you sir.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:46 PM
link   
i agree with you for the most part ID, but this comment

Goths are attention whores

thats like saying all muslims are terrorists. i dont' think of myself as a 24/7 goth, but i do enjoy there nightclubs/bars and dressing up 'dark' when i go to them (not parading around in normal places dressed to that exstent ). I suppose I find it comfortable there because they are more accepting of people in the SM/piercing scene. I also noticed alot of 'bigger' people when i first started going there and then i reliazed these 'goths' don't judge people the same way the people down the road at the club full of frat boys and the like where they will point fingers and laugh at people that dont' physically look like them. and no i'm not big (140lb @ 5'7") i just feel bad for people that are tormented and made to feel outcasted like that. no wonder people are driven to commit crimes such as the one being discussed.

[Edited on 5-12-2003 by Strigoi]

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Iv been to some Goth Clubs, and thier pretty cool.
I have some Goth freinds, Even though I look nothing like a Goth, Im more of a casual prep...I spend all my money on clothes!
From my perspective thier not attention whores, just trying to be different.
I mean Goths call preps Attention whores, and saying that its goths that are the only kind that think thier vampires, is BS.
I dont see thise guy dressed like a goth, hes wearing a nike sweater!
Deep

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 08:33 PM
link   
Well if you met me at some time you'd see I have the superior powers. When face to face I can make a lot of people believe anything, I could lift almost 300 lbs at age 12 now it's quite a bit more (nearing 4 I believe) and I've never had any attempt at getting strong, I'm not too fast, I can stand almost face to face with someone and make it that they dont see me... When someone is repeatedly throwing somethings at me I can stand in one place and not get hit no matter how long we stand there.

posted on Dec, 5 2003 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Morbid
Well if you met me at some time you'd see I have the superior powers. When face to face I can make a lot of people believe anything, I could lift almost 300 lbs at age 12 now it's quite a bit more (nearing 4 I believe) and I've never had any attempt at getting strong, I'm not too fast, I can stand almost face to face with someone and make it that they dont see me... When someone is repeatedly throwing somethings at me I can stand in one place and not get hit no matter how long we stand there.

Well aren't you just the king of the # pile?
Got any video footage of your 'amazing' powers?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 12:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by �any
Well aren't you just the king of the # pile?
Got any video footage of your 'amazing' powers?

Of course not -- he doesn't show up on video.

Seriously though, there a great number of unexplained abilities in the world. While I don't necessarily believe that shape-changing Vampires exist, I do believe that people exist who have abilities that fall into the category that have traditionally been attributed to vampires.

Energy vampirisim seems to me to be the most believeable version of the group.

Some people with psychic abilities can draw upon the energies of those around them to supplement their own. The possibility may exist that there is a psychological connection for these people with the "buzz" they may get from taking another's energies.

They feel healthy and more alive than they ever dreamed possible, almost like a drug. Then when they've burned off excess energies, they start to come down, and they crash, just like coming down off of too many chemical stimulants. They feel horribly down and feel like they need more energy to sustain them.

So they repeat the events. And again. And again.

Over time, this cycle of events could instill the belief in the person that these stolen energies are all that can sustain them, much like a junkie needing his fix. Finding others with gifts that match your own makes you compare experiences to see if they have any insights into why they work a certain way. All it takes is a few similar people finding one another, at differing stages of their energy addiction, and they could find themselves spreading their own psychological dependencies, as they convince one another that this is how they all must be.

Not claiming to be vampiric, I can't say for sure that this is the case, as it is merely speculation on my part. But this could be a possibility as to how the legends and myths spread over time in an area.

I honestly can't say for sure how different cultures across the globe would have been able to share these experiences. I have no proof, no evidence to show you all on this path.

I've always believed that information however was shared throughout the ancient world in some way, whether as faded remembrances of a common ancestry or as tales spread by prehistoric traders and explorers.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Morbid - i'm kind of ok with people saying they are vampires and living a vampirish style, as long as they arent' hurting anyone, and saying you just have to belive they are one. but claiming to have such abilites that you claim to have will need proof. if your such a physical prodigy why hide it?

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:11 AM
link   
I don't know if anybody has mentioned this... I just flicked through the previous posts, and couldn't find anything about it. Anyway... Here is my question.

Has anyone read, or heard about the article (was in todays paper - daily mail) of a man who wanted to kill and eat someone, he found someone on the Internet who wanted to be killed and eaten. They met up, and did it!

He's been put on trial, and I just think that they can't put him in jail. Sure I think it's 'wrong', but he's done nothing wrong - the other person wanted it. *confusion subject*.

It's like if somone is really ill, and they ask someone to kill them so they don't have to suffer... It's a confusing case.

I have not read the article yet, my Mum told me about it this morning. I will try and find an article online about it later on. Has anybody got any ideas or views on this?

ID

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yeah Metalhead I have heard of that too but like you I have not read the full article. I know about as much as you know about it.

From my perspective thier not attention whores, just trying to be different.
And why would they want to be different? Simply as a method of self expression or is it because they like the reactions that they get from other people? Which would make them attention whores, I am not saying there is anything wrong with it I am simply saying that most do it for the reactions they receive.

TheDemonHunter good point about energy vampirism, I believe this is quite possible however it is traditional vampirism that I have issues with. Energy vampires may very well exist as it does not mean that they are vulnerable to silver or sunlight or that they can shape shift into bats. All energ vampirism would require is increased activity in previously unexplored regions of the brain, there is still a great deal we do not know about ourselves so this may very well be possible.

posted on Dec, 6 2003 @ 01:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ID
TheDemonHunter good point about energy vampirism, I believe this is quite possible however it is traditional vampirism that I have issues with. Energy vampires may very well exist as it does not mean that they are vulnerable to silver or sunlight or that they can shape shift into bats. All energ vampirism would require is increased activity in previously unexplored regions of the brain, there is still a great deal we do not know about ourselves so this may very well be possible.

Thanks.

Keep in mind that these vulnerabilities, to things such as holy symbols, sunlight, silver, etc. may simply be an extension of the psychological effects of these gifts.

As the centuries have passed, the legends have likely grown through exaggeration and embellishment of the original facts and events which gave rise to the legends we now associate with vampires. The years have added layer after layer of complexity in the fictional accounts, so that anyone who has these gifts may believe themselves to be subject to many of the same vulnerabilities.

The mind is a powerful thing, and it is widely known that psychological maladies can have a severe physical consequence. As a society, we have been taught through our movies and books that certain things hurt vampires. Exaggerations of those physical effects are not out of the question, as an explanation for those vulnerabilities and effects.

Turning to ash in the light of the sun, for example, would be a severe exaggeration of someone who became so afraid of sunlight that it had they could have been literally scared to death. If the mind believes something seemingly innocent, such as sunlight, can hurt you, it will hurt you. You might not burn up or decay on contact, but all it takes is the belief that sunlight is lethal to make your mind convince your body to feel the pain, and in extreme cases, possibly die.

Furthermore, I'd say that those who don't believe themselves to be energy vamps, but instead traditional blood-sucking vampires may also be under the same psychological deal, with their abilities and needs psychologically connected to the physical needs, such as the blood and/or flesh of another.

Considering the fact that some people in other times believed that eating the flesh of a person or animal would give you that being's strength and power, it's not difficult to see where this psychological effect of vampirism may have begun.

posted on Dec, 8 2003 @ 09:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by William One Sac

The court heard that the accused wrote: "Dear Akasha, everything is going as planned. I will kill for you again soon.

He's venerating Akasha, the vampire goddess created by author Anne Rice, in "The Vampire Chronicles" series.

What a genuine vampire. He's just another crazies...

Edit: BTW,I'd like you to notice that from now on (except if he agree to my request), there'll be 2 morbid on ATS.
Bare with it, or ask him to change his name. (I already did). If you do so, please do it in a kind and civilised way.

[Edited on 9-12-2003 by m0rbid]

ID

posted on Dec, 16 2003 @ 06:35 AM
link   
^^This new information simply further supports my theory. People can usually separate fiction from reality however when they are unable to do so the result is freaks like this who allow their mental fantasies to run their lives. This man was not a vampire; he was nothing more then very confused.

I would like further information on both Vlad the Impaler and Dracula (real thing not Hollywood). I have heard many people use these two examples as proof that vampires existed or still do. I would like to know how the actions of these men support the theories behind the existence of vampires. I know that Vlad was a very cruel ruler but I was unaware of any connection to vampiric activity or anything that could be misconstrued as such. Thank you.

--ID

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This is a very interesting discussion, so I figure I would jump in.

There is not sufficient evidence to support the concept of a sub race of humans that requires regular blood to sustain themselves do to a genetic deficiency.

There is also no sufficient evidence that would support that the wings of a bee would be able to support it's weight. Scientifically a bee can not fly. Perhaps, a scientist failed to inform the bee.

My point is that science is not always 100% right. Science is a bunch of theory that may or may not be correct. Atoms. Do you believe in Atoms? How many have actually seen an atom? But we believe that they exist, because it "makes" sense, or a scientist says so.

Also as a society we put way too much credibility to the media. It's interesting to see a comparision to media between America and Iraq. America believes without a doubt that we caught Saddamn. Why? The media showed us pictures. In Iraq, where they have been exposed to decades of propoganda, don't believe the media. They don't think that Saddamn has been caught.

What I am trying to say, is that there are things out there, that isn't common knowledge, that for one reason or another is surpressed. Look around, isn't this why this board exists?

To state that vampires do not exist without proof is ridiclous as stating that they do exist without proof.

It's simple, do the research. I personally have been researching the comparision of Anne Rice's novels and history, and it is shocking the similarities. I can match up each "character" with a historical reference, and a "mysterious" death or disappearance.

It is enough information for me to continue researching this area.

citrus

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 08:57 AM
link   
I would catagorize him as a man who needs to be in Either
1) Fed. Prison
2) Mental Fac.

ID

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:14 AM
link   
citrus

First off they do know how bees fly.
www.hp-h.us...

www.findarticles.com...

www.physicstoday.org...

Also I am not completely discounting the existence of Vampires I am simply saying that I refuse to accept their existence until there is SOME physical proof. I have seen no photographs (I know they can't be photographed), I have seen no unexplained victims or anything leading to the conclusion that these creatures exist. I do not shut the door on the possibility that they exist I am simply saying that without any proof it is illogical to believe that these creatures exist. Simply because you cannot disprove the existence of a species does not mean it exists. This is not an innocent until proven guilty system or rather an exists until proven not to. It is very much the other way, you must provide sufficient evidence for the existence of a creature first.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Point well made, ID.

I am interested with your thought that things do not exist until proven otherwise.

Great philosphers such as Plato and Aristotle I would believe thought differently.

And even us as a society believe so much, that individually we have never seen with our own eyes.

The basic point that I am trying to make, is that there is so much out there, everything you seek with regards to proof is really very easy to find.

citrus

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by citrus
What I am trying to say, is that there are things out there, that isn't common knowledge, that for one reason or another is surpressed. Look around, isn't this why this board exists?

To state that vampires do not exist without proof is ridiclous as stating that they do exist without proof.

It's simple, do the research. I personally have been researching the comparision of Anne Rice's novels and history, and it is shocking the similarities. I can match up each "character" with a historical reference, and a "mysterious" death or disappearance.

It is enough information for me to continue researching this area.

Looks like you've found your calling then, Citrus. Doing research into what may have led Anne Rice to write the novels she did will either be a step into her imagination or it may (in time) produce a history of the shadows of the "normal" world, which is something I'm always interested in.

As always, I say that most good fiction has a basis in fact in some way. Even if the facts aren't common knowledge, they can be used as the framework for an entire body of fictional work.

posted on Dec, 19 2003 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Reading that article made me thirsty!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join