It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Regarding HAARP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:37 PM
link   
I've read quite a few threads on the subject of HAARP. Interesting stuff. It seems most ppl, agree that there is a connection between HAARP and everything from weather control and seismic activity to the local caraboo doing the moonwalk. A few days ago I met this bloke that had done some contracting work at HAARP. He is with this tech company doing all sorts of stuff.
www.nwra.com...
Anyways, I know him well enough, and his background and all that, so I don't suspect that he would have any reason to lie. (Except, ofcourse if he's part of some conspiracy
) He found my suspicion af HAARP as the cause of anything but sound research, ridiculous. He explained a lot to me and it made sense...One thing the effect of HAARP is comparable to that of various radio and cell phone transmitters. They make the same claim on the homepage. Furthermore he explained something about the brother of the Senator of Alaska somehow tried to stir up some hype over HAARP in a book he wrote. At the time he was working on it there was talk about putting up fences and posting armed guards there due to the possible terror threat (guess it must have been post 9-11). He said that all the scientists and workers there, prostested against it, since it would break down the trust that the they had buildt with the local community. Then he went on to talk about a similar array in Tromsoe, Norway, that did pretty much the same, which didn't raise to many many eyebrows with people there, again, just open research as he said.
I dunno... On one hand I've got the stuff from these excellent fora and on the other the word from a named source that totally contradicts that... Do you see the reason for my feelings of ambivalence?..

[Edited on 30-9-2003 by operatoreleven]

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:08 PM
link   
I would like it if you could ask your friend which HAARP facility he worked on?

Was it Gakona, which is now administered by the University of Alaska? If so, hes not far off the mark, because Gakona is nothing more than a proof-of-concept pilot plant, very low powered, and not capable of the things that the main HAARP facility is.

Gakona was later turned over to the University of Alaska in order to act as a public relations station, and mask the REAL HAARP as a "research project".

If you friend worked on the REAL HAARP station, about 280 miles north of Gakona at Poker Flats, thats a different story. However, if that was where your friend worked, I doubt that he would tell you...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I wasn't aware, of the second (or third?) facility. I think it was the one that was turned over to the university though. I'll ask him...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:30 PM
link   
The Discovery Channel had a show about this. The original creator of the HAARP array was interviewed and as much as told us that it could be misused for other military purposes. He also said that the project had been turned over to the government and that he knew at that time that the military was already investigating possible uses. He didn't allude to what they were, only that if you understood the concept, you could see why they were interested. He said as a precursive apology. " I know this technology can be misused, but i released it to the government with hopes of the good things it could do." I believe this show was made in 1998. Lot can happen in between now and then. The show was about weather control and manipulation methods.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:04 PM
link   
Laz: We learn as we live, right?
I wonder if Dicovery will have a DVD on that show for sale? I Bought a lot of DVDs from NOVA (PBS). they've got some interesting shows as well.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:37 PM
link   
possible link to the TDC story...

dsc.discovery.com...

May help you find out if there is a DVD or tape available...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 03:40 PM
link   

They make the same claim on the homepage.

Well if the US Government says its true it MUST be true

To my understanding, Haarp is a nice big microwave slow cooking our brains to the consistency of a sheeps.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:11 PM
link   
with the help of GSM cellphones....bahhhhh..bbahhh.. any one seen Bo peep? and what is that popping noise in my head?
On another show (on discovery, of course), an asian scientist was doing an experiment on himself by microwaving his skull. He said he could actually hear small noises from within his brain. Noises that he theorized could be made into understandable language eventually by manipulating the frequency.
In a few years...who knows...then again...how old was that show?

Yes...bahhhh...always believe the government...Bahhhba

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 10:42 PM
link   
There are at least 4 known HAARP facilities operating in the US:

Gakona (diversion), and the REAL facility at Poker Flats 280 miles north...

The new BIG facility in Colorado, reportedly within 60 miles of NORAD, located underground, with an array area over 100 acres, and a reported output in excess of 10 gigawatts.

A new array located adjacent to Camp Hero, Montauk Point, NY.

The GWEN array located at Fort Mead has reportedly been modified to act as a HAARP array.

I work in the environmental field for a municipal government in conjunction with a number of military environmental personnel. I have learned through these avenues that EVERY HAARP facility has had problems with wildlife (mainly birds) being seriously affected (Read: killed) by HAARP transmissions. In addition the Alaska facility had an incident where a tech team was killed when the array was powered up while the team were on the premesis.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:20 AM
link   
For what it's worth, and from my personal investigations, I agree with your source from NWRA, Operator. The "proven" things that people attribute to HAARP are just ludicrous. And a number of those "insider sources" quoted on most conspiracy boards are just kids lying to make themselves look important.

...like that "Dr. Judah Ben-Hur" fraud or the equally fraudulent report about "blowing out thousands of miles of atmosphere" and "eskimos and caribou dying in vast numbers in Alaska." After visiting Alaska myself, that last one looked sillier than your average Smurf story.

I'm with the guy from NWRA -- the witch hunt over HAARP has distracted everyone from real conspiracies and real issues.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:24 AM
link   
I strongly agree with you, Byrd. I've seen HAARP being given the blame of virtually everything bad. I've given my best shot at trying to debunk most of the myths surrounding these facilities. However, people remain quite stubborn. Such as for instance the peeps that quote the magnetometers, which are totally insensitive to the emitted microwaves, as power output detectors. I will use a term that I found quite fitting: ludicrous.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Where do you meet people like this? Not everyone on the street can say oh by the way my job is heating up the ionosphere.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheyWatchYouToo
Where do you meet people like this? Not everyone on the street can say oh by the way my job is heating up the ionosphere.

Science conferences, for one thing. Universities also.

posted on Oct, 5 2003 @ 08:39 PM
link   
DR: Yeah, I believe the story about the birds (not the bees
) is true. Supposedly the same thing happens with birds flying by the radars in the BMEWS system. I guess that effect is to be expected when dealing with high power phased arrays, or anything emitting that kind of (focused) energy...

posted on Oct, 6 2003 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by dragonrider
I work in the environmental field for a municipal government in conjunction with a number of military environmental personnel.

Ditto, actually, except I do data analysis and computer geekery and come in contact with these departments. I've crunched some of the data.

I've never seen any credible reports about huge bird kills or even large bird kills (I also participate in the Cornell bird counts). And I've never seen any credible evidence (names and obituaries) of "a team" being killed. I see lots of "hush-hush, can't tell you the source but it's someone really high up" types of information.

If it was real, the issue would be too big to hide. The government couldn't lock up, pay, bribe, or own enough people to keep it all silent -- if large flocks of birds were dropping dead all over an area, you'd hear it from hunters and from Greenpeace and from National Wildlife Organization and Audubon Society.

Every once in awhile someone says "if this stuff is real, why aren't the environmental organizations shrieking about it... particularly Greenpeace?" The answer is that the environmental organizations HAVE looked into these allegations and found there weren't any such kills or effects.

new topics

top topics

join