It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

all you doctor who fans in usa

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:54 PM
link   
aparently you guys will see the new series on your scifi channel sometime this year! which leaves me the golden opertunity to spoil it all for you

no seriously, no spoilers - just the heads up for you lot.

peace

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:39 PM
link   
The show is already on in the UK? I had thought it hadn't come out yet.

I didn't see all that much of the original Doctor Who, or maybe don't rememver many individual episodes, but I remember liking the show. Is the new one any good?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

I didn't see all that much of the original Doctor Who, or maybe don't rememver many individual episodes, but I remember liking the show. Is the new one any good?

yeah its done its first series with eccelson (its ok - but the background incidentle music sucks)- and ive seen the new doctor - yes eccelson left after one series. We saw the new new doctor in a special on xmas day i beleive. - actually i prefer this new guy, he was in a period drama thingy on the bbc not so long ago here...

Alas, none are as good as john pertwee and his giant spiders, and none since have even come close to tom baker.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Best news all year!!!!

It will air on Fridays starting in March at 9PM eastern...

Doctor Who on Sci-Fi Channel

It really is the best genre show out there right now. The stories are actually moving, funny, thrilling, and real (even though it's sci-fi.) I think this new version of the show will be a phenomenon here in the States. Everyone goes crazy over the moderately good Battlestar Gallactica, I just hope people give the new Doctor Who a chance because it's actually good on many many levels beyond Sci-Fi... Oh yeah, and Billie Piper is hawt.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:32 PM
link   
I remember the old series back in the day. I used to watch it whenever it was on. Great fun. Looking forward to a return of this stuff.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan

And in Canada
Eccelston was great even though he was in it fro a short time, Tennet the current doctor(who has signed on for at least 28 episode OH JOY! )is way better. The seasons are short though, only 13 episodes for the Eccelston series and 14(including the Christmas Special) for the first season of Tennets tenure.

The Acting is topnotch, the writing is excellant and the Humor is great. There were a few Arthur Dent references in the Christmas Special. (due to the fact that Tennet spent most of that episode in some Dent-like robe)

[edit on 18-1-2006 by sardion2000]

[edit on 18-1-2006 by sardion2000]

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I loved that show. I used to watch it about 20 years ago. Whew... hope I can catch the new show. A lot must have happened to the show in the last 20 years. Thanks for bringing it up.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Also there is a reason why the US is getting this show a year late, SCIFI stupidly declined the BBC's licensing offer back in '04 :shk: Just thought I'd throw that in, it's good that they've come to their senses considering that the Christmas Special drew something like 8-10 million viewers worldwide

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by sardion2000
Also there is a reason why the US is getting this show a year late, SCIFI stupidly declined the BBC's licensing offer back in '04

Are you for real? Wow, what a goof that was. This was great back in the day and I know that I am looking forward to it again.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by OneGodJesus

Originally posted by sardion2000
Also there is a reason why the US is getting this show a year late, SCIFI stupidly declined the BBC's licensing offer back in '04

Are you for real? Wow, what a goof that was. This was great back in the day and I know that I am looking forward to it again.

Always
Apparently back then they didn't think it fit their channel

new topics

top topics

join