It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pope linked to the number 666?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
A friend of mine said that sometime in the distant past, the Pope used to wear some type of head piece with the Roman numeral for 666 on it. It this true? does anyone have any more information on this?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Hmm... I havent really read or heard anything about that. Now you got me curious. Anyone know anything about this? Is it BS?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:42 PM
link   
DCLXVI = 666

I never paid any attention to his clothing, any old pantings of the pope or photos of their clothing?

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 01:52 PM
link   
There are several controversies about pagan symbology in the mass rite and found all over the vatican. No body has ever disputed the pagan beginnings of the catholic church nor the recognition of 'evil' by the church unlike some other religions and faith.

The real issue is the question of the current pope, is he or isn't he. If he dies soon we will soon know for sure because I expect the next pope to be a lot more easy going than this one has been.

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I found the following excerpt in an online article:

The words "Mystery Babylon" and the Roman numerals DCLXVI (666) appear on the hat worn the Pope. This has led some people to speculate that the Catholic Church is the Mystery Babylon and the Beast. The entirety of Revelation 18 is a description of a great city on seven hills, obviously Rome. The ten horns or kings may represent the member nations of the European Common Market. Revelation 9 describes monstrous creatures which combine characteristics of locusts, scorpions, horses and men. These probably refer to modern military equipment. They could also be the products of genetic engineering, if not an act of God:

the whole honkin' huge thing can be found here:
www.angelfire.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:35 PM
link   
THENEO,
The next Pope I think will run along the lines of this one. Pope John Paul II just elected some bishops to Cardinalship. As you know it is the Cardinals that vote for the next Pope. Mario Derksen has a really good article about the Pope and the Antichrist and the seventh day adventists that propagate that the Church is the Whore of Babylon in Revelations or Apocalypse:

"Well, our Savior Jesus Christ had, when He was on earth, pretty much the same accusations to deal with. He was driving demons out, and so some said He was doing this by the power of the devil. What did Jesus respond? Let me quote it for you:

Mark 3:23-26
And after he had called them together, he said to them in parables: How can Satan cast out Satan? And if a kingdom be divided against itself, that kingdom cannot stand. And if a house be divided against itself, that house cannot stand. And if Satan be risen up against himself, he is divided, and cannot stand, but hath an end.

In other words, Jesus responded that if He were of the devil, He could not drive out demons, because that would not work, for "a divided kingdom cannot stand." Satan would be destroying himself in the process.

Now, listen to this: The Catholic Church drives out the devil, too. This practice is called "exorcism." You can't deny that the Catholic Church has been doing exorcisms on people and really driven out Satan that way for nearly two millennia. Therefore, we must reason just like Jesus: if the Catholic Church were of the devil, it could not drive the devil out. For, as Jesus said, "A divided kingdom cannot stand." The Catholic Church, however, has been standing for nearly 2,000 years. Jesus refuted the argument that He is of the devil by saying that Satan could not stand then, and I claim the same about the Church. If the Church is wrong, then so was Jesus. But if Jesus is right, then so is the Church.

This now is my quick response to any and all arguments of the SDAs. There is no need for me to refute any other argument as long as there is no qualified and effective counter-response by the SDAs.
As a last point, the Bible plainly tells us what kind of person the Antichrist is: 1 John 2:22: "Who is a liar, but he who denieth that Jesus is the Christ? This is Antichrist, who denieth the Father and the Son." SDAs would have to admit that the Catholic Church does NOT deny the Father, or the Son, or the Holy Ghost--just browse through any Catholic catechism.

So there is twofold proof that the Catholic Church, per Scripture, cannot possibly be the Whore of Babylon, nor the Pope the Antichrist.

Now, Adventist apologist Michael Scheifler has responded to this challenge by quoting Matthew 7:22-23:

Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

And he [the Beast] shall make all, both little and great, rich and poor, freemen and bondmen, to have a character in their right hand or on their foreheads: And that no man might buy or sell, but he that hath the character, or the name of the beast, or the number of his name. Here is wisdom. He that hath understanding, let him count the number of the beast. For it is the number of a man: and the number of him is six hundred sixty-six. [Emphasis added]

Now, this is my challenge to SDAs, or rather, to all those who believe the Catholic Church to be the Whore of Babylon and the Pope to be the Antichrist:

Prove to me that you fall into the category of "he that hath understanding"; show me why you are the one that has the wisdom that is mentioned in Apocalypse 13:16-18"

He claims that this proves that the mere fact that the Catholic Church drives out Satan doesn't prove that she is of divine origin. But here he is presupposing that the people who claim that they drove out demons in Jesus' name really did so. But the text does not make this clear. It only says that they claimed that. Jesus never confirms their claim, however. So we do not know whether they actually really did cast out demons or only engaged in pseudo-exorcisms.

Another possibility is that these folks really did do all those authentic and miraculous things at one point in their lives, but failed to endure to the end. Here we do well to remember Ezechiel 18:26: "When the just turneth himself away from his justice, and comitteth iniquity, he shall die therein: in the injustice that he hath wrought he shall die."

It seems, though, that the first interpretation is correct, as Christ specifically says, "I never knew you."

Either way, Michael Scheifler's interpretation is not necessary, and so we can dismiss his claim to having answered the challenge."

posted on Sep, 30 2003 @ 08:37 PM
link   
Oh no, not another one of these threads.....

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Okay I am not a SDA, nor do I care about the Pope being the Antichrist, or either of the two beasts mentioned in Rev. 13. And btw... to cast out satan, the catholics would have to have the authority to do so. They do not have any authority whatsoever given them by God to do anything in God's name.

Remember Matthew 7:22-23 ?

Many will say to me in that day: Lord, Lord, have not we prophesied in thy name, and cast out devils in thy name, and done many miracles in thy name? And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, you that work iniquity.

I challenge anyone else to show me where the pope has any type of authoratative lineage to christ.

So back to the origninal thread:

A friend of mine said that sometime in the distant past, the Pope used to wear some type of head piece with the Roman numeral for 666 on it. It this true? does anyone have any more information on this?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by onlyinmydreams

hahaha, i know how you feel man!!

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:45 PM
link   
First beast:
Seven heads, ten horns:

Heads: seven hills and seven kings. The seven hills refer to the city of Rome, while the seven kings refer to the seven heads of the four beasts of Daniel in his vision of the world empires: Babylon=1, Medo-Persia=1, Greece=4 and Rome=1. The two wings on the first beast in Daniel's vision represent Egypt and Assyria.

The ten horns: refer to the Holy Roman Empire how it in the end was divided into ten so called Empirial Circles which form today's Germany and surrounding countries.

The beast itself: My guess: Nimrod, the giant who built Babylon and upset the Creator by building a tower that reached into Heaven as a bridge between Heaven and Earth to brake the firmament God had put there prior to the flood. He was the first Pontifex Maximus, the Great Bridgebuilder, a title now inscribed in the hat op the pope.

Second beast:
Two horns, lying tongue and connections to Ba'alism/Babylonian astrology (666) as well as Judaism (lamb) and a producer of TV shows. His law, festivals and weekly day of worship is contrary to the Mosaic Law, Passover and the Sabbath (a mark on the forehead and the right hand).

Horns: There were two breeds of emperors in the Holy Roman Empire. First the French royal house had this office. Later Germany took over and eventually divided the Empire into ten provinces called the ten Empirial Circles as mentioned above.

666: 1+2+3+4....+35+36=666 The Egyptians had ten day weeks based on the 36 decans of the Mazzaroth, the precursor of the Babylonian Zodiak. When the Babylonians took over world power, they assigned a god for each decan, and the highest of these Zodiakal gods carried the "holy" number of 666. They also assigned human representatives for each of these gods, they were priests and the highest priest who represented/vicared for the highest god, also carried the number 666 according to my sources and notes. Babylon had a thing with the number six, they had a base six and a base sixty numerical system, this was also based on the Zodiak, which according to ancient Summerian and Babylonian sounces was created by Ba'al (Beelzebub and Satan).

The second beast itself: The papacy. The pope is an official prophet and has fed the kings and emperors of Europe with deceit, lies and baseless persecutions, spread false wisdom and proclaimed godless men into sainthood. He has held back vital wisdom, and killed rather than let live. You can say that Hitler was the last of the Holy Roman Emperors, he also sums the whole beast up quite brilliantly, the oldschool Daniel way. The office of the F�hrer replaced three other offices and so on. He was of course blessed or perhaps even secretly coronated by the papacy.

Image of the Beast: Hitler filmed and broadcasted the 1936 Berlin Olympics (which of course have it's roots in the Greek form of Ba'aliam), and the Vatican was among the first to take use of TV technology. Hitler was the first man to broadcast TV signals widely with realtime sound.

These beasts aren't persons, they are offices. Emperors and Popes. Today all these beasts have more or less merged into new constellations, but history sheds light to their true appearance.

Well this is the easy part. The tricky part is to make people believe facts not the superstition they're used to. Time reveils, but the world never learn before it is too late.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Exactley. I am so sick of this connecting church to evil thing.

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by omega1

Exactley. I am so sick of this connecting church to evil thing.

And I'm tired of your God damn ignorance! Don't you see what alkl this means? It means that prophecy was right all along.

Today:
"Everyone" keeps Sunday instead of Sabbath.
"Everyone" keeps Easter, not Passover.
"Everyone" worships televison instead of God.

Sunday worship, Easter selebration and televison are all the inventions of human origin.

Sabbath worship, Passover celebration and the Law that prohibits the above human inventions are all the inventions of the Great Designer who created everything that made human inventions possible. The papacy advocates wickedness instead of teaching peace. They have never known peace, the only thing they have ever known is control and despotism, fascism and torture. A man can't live by his sin, he will have to repent. If you don't see evil when you look at the papacy, you haven't received the wisdom which flows through you and haven't understood the concept of evil. I just wonder when we see neo-nazis put fire on the Vatican.... It can't be long now.... Flee from Babylon!

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:00 PM
link   
Seven Heads....Ten Horns....sounds sort of like the United Nations to me but who knows?

posted on Oct, 1 2003 @ 09:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracer
Seven Heads....Ten Horns....sounds sort of like the United Nations to me but who knows?

Who are these seven kings, five of whom were dead when John received his vision, one living when he served, and one appearing after his death? Who are the ten monarchs who gave away all their power to the beast in one hour? And where are their ten provinces? This beast was around way before the UN, but the UN has another role in the jigsaw puzzle. Perhaps it's the Medo-Persian head come back to life? There was much good with the Medes and the Persians. How Cyrus, though a rigorious ruler sent the Jews back to the promiced land and was reknown for his neutral attitude towards other cultures, and how he ordered the Temple to be rebuilt? Or to use someone else's words:

"Cyrus was the first Achaemenian Emperor of Persia, who issued a decree on his aims and policies, later hailed as his charter of the rights of nations. Inscribed on a clay cylinder, this is known to be the first declaration of Human Rights, and is now kept at the British Museum. A replica of this is also at the United Nations in New York." (oznet.net...)

Unfortunately his ways strengthened paganism and unsound ways, he may have accepted the God of Jews, but he also accepted many other gods. Elohim YHWH was merely the God of the Israelites, not the Creator of everything and the God of all. His lukewarm attitude, may have brought forth prosperity and a sense of freedom and peace, but he also strengthened the foundation of evil. You can't serve both Ba'al and Elohim YHWH, they are not the same and only one of them rule.

Blessings,
Mikromarius

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 12:55 PM
link   
stop complaining! if you don't like this thread you do not have to read through it, and definitly do not have to post to it, filling it up with useless garbage to have to read through, so piss off morons!

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 01:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonestarA friend of mine said that sometime in the distant past, the Pope used to wear some type of head piece with the Roman numeral for 666 on it. It this true?

No.
does anyone have any more information on this?
Disinformation (not necessarily deliberate, but certainly badly understood) by Catholic bashers. It appears to have started with the use of St. Peter's cross (an upside down crucifix) on the back of the Pope's chair. According to legend, St. Peter asked to be crucified upside down because he felt he was not worthy to die on a cross like Jesus. The popes, who are supposedly Peter's successors, sit in the chair of St. Peter, which has this symbol.

Modern day antiCatholics have tied St. Peter's Cross to Satanism and hence the 666.

posted on Oct, 2 2003 @ 10:59 PM
link   
Actually the idea that the Pope/Vicar of Christ is in fact eh antichrist is a common theme in many respects (not only in regards to what has been presented in this thread.

www.pacinst.com...

www.wls.wels.net...

The above site will default to Microsoft word even if you do not have access code (.rft file)

www.fpcr.org...

www.newadvent.org...

Bottom-line revelations is a book, which chastises the Christian Church and then discusses the end of the world, one can consider that the issue of cause and effect does play a role. Hence from that perspective revelations suggest that if the Churches do not change their ways

Any thoughts?

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 01:35 AM
link   
why ask to be crucified...
and upside down because you "honorably" dont want to be likened to christ seems to me a little sick...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 07:44 AM
link   
I can connect my grandmother (or anyone else's in fact) numerologically with 666, but that doesn't mean she is the anti-christ, hehe...

posted on Oct, 3 2003 @ 08:06 AM
link   
Cearbhall,

Agreed what you have said. I find that much of the current attack against the catholic church origninates with a lot of hard core protestants which seem more interested in making new recruits than telling the truth.

While I make no appologies for the catholic church I have made the same arguement in the past that you make here in that the Catholic church is the only church that makes an effort to confront evil in our world.

While it is difficult to comment on the current pope because I know so little about him, I do know that there are many good catholics (was raised one myself).

I get quite angry at people that attack religion for the following reasons:

1. A religion is separate from its followers.
2. Religion is a good idea for many reasons but humans corrupted it.
3. Religion is like many things in life in that it is what you make of it.
4. Many that attack it do not reveal their true motivations.
5. Many that attack are ignorant about it.
6. Many that attack are recruitors for some other belief system.
7. Attacks always ignore the good that people of a certain faith have done by some universal coincidence.
8. Attackers believe that religion depends on the ability to prove' the existance of god when it does not have anything to do with that (its called faith).

there may be others but I can't think of them now. this would be a good list to hang on to for future debates or as a starting point for more perspectives.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join