It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budding filmmaker

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:48 PM
link   
Hey guys! I'm posting here in hope that someone can help me out. Heres the thing-

Since I was tiny I had always wanted to be in the film industry, but I can't act to save my life and I'm not too good at drawing or art. So when I was about 10 I started looking at directing and special effects, which I really want to get in to. But this is where I got stuck, my careers advisor wont help as he thinks that its too 'far fetched' and I've had no luck on the internet.

I'll be off to college in September and have applied to everything that has anything to do with film. At the moment I'm doing a pilot governemnt scheme to train new apprentices before they leave school, when I pass I'll have an NVQ lvl 2 under my belt as well as my GCSEs- of which I'll probably pass all of them.

Soooooooo, does anyone have any tips on how I should get into the industry? I love directing and I think I'm pretty good at it, but the college said that I need at least a C in art, which I wont get. I've directed a few school plays as well as made some props and stuff.

Anyone think I have a chance?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:59 PM
link   
My advice? Write some short screenplays and film them. If don't want to write them, work with someone who writes. Having a good portfolio and real world experience is more valuable in creative industries than a degree. Even then, I think having a good portfolio showing what you can already do would give you a better chance of getting into school as well.

new topics

join