It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your Opinion Please on Aliens and Abductions? - Skeptics?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02
Grasshopper,

I do understand where you're coming from. It's hard to know who or what to believe, especially with all of the hoaxters. However, if we get into our minds that EVERYTHING could be a lie and, and any person could either be a government spy, or wannabe spy.... then there is no way for us to find the truth because everything could be a lie. It's almost a paranoid scitzophrenic mind set where everyone is out to get you and everyone is spying on you...

grasshopper replies: you haven't walked in my shoes. It has taken me a long time to come to the conclusions that I have come to. I don't jump to conclusions. I am not just paranoid. Be thankful that you haven't walked in my shoes. Better to be someone who knows too little than to know too much. There are people who will go to great lengths to find out what you know. We have a government that would export you out of the country if they could just to get you into the hands of foreign governments who can use torture to get info out of you. Let me tell you, there are many other methods that have not been talked about that you are completely unaware of that they will use to try to get info. You only hear about eavesdropping scandals, etc. when it happens to a government official or to somebody with the means to fight back. I can tell you that just about every body you hear on the radio that is currently pointing their finger at the Bush administration and is making this big deal about eavesdropping is a hypocrit. I can tell you that the talking heads in the media as well as all your reporters, etc. are deeply into eavedropping. Unless someone important like a Newt Gingrich catches somebody in the act and gets a law passed to protect himself, nothing is done about it at all. We are worse than Nazi Germany. It just isn't talked about in the press. It is kept a secret.

Could the aliens really have let Betty Hill know where they're from? Why not? It's not like she has the ability to get there. We still have a hard time getting to our own moon, let alone an alien planet light years away. She asked them where they were from and they showed her. I can think of very few reasons why they would lie to her.

grasshopper replies:
I can think of reasons why they would lie to her. When you hear these stories about people being hypnotised and they ask their abducters where they come from there is a long pause, they may ever talk it over for awhile, then they come back and tell them where they are from. They may be talking it over to see how much they can tell them or how they are going to lie to them. I'm not saying they are being deceptive because they are evil but because it really isn't wise to give out that kind of info.

As far as the government - who knows what in the world they are up to - I beleive you there. Just reading about all of the counterintelligence they used during the cold war - leads one to distrust all information coming from the government. I agree with you 100% there. I read the news every day and whenever I read "a highly place administration offical stated...." and the rest of the sentence to me can not be taken at face value. It's either a lie or a half-lie to meet some agenda.

Some great points there...my question is, how do we know what to believe and what not to believe then? And who to believe....there has to be some criteria of determining who is lying and who isn't...

-rdube02

grasshopper replies:

it helps when one of them takes you under their wing and helps to make sense out of it all. I'm not really that smart that I can put the big picture together myself. I can see how all these conspiracy theorists can so thoroughly confuse themselves trying to figure it all out.

posted on Jan, 17 2006 @ 04:33 PM
link   
My view on the E.T. Scenario:

It can be simply added up to this. Put this into perspective.

Our solar system is made up of our Earth, the surrounding 8 planets and our sun, Sol. There are an estimated 400,000,000,000 stars in our Galaxy alone! With atleast half of those stars being surrounded by atleast 1 or more planets. That can hypothetically compute to atleast 10,000,000,000 planets (possibly and hypothetically) in our galaxy.

Consider how rare the fact that life was bred on this planet and the ideal circumstances, now with over 1,000,000 planets atleast in this galaxy, there are fairly good chances, within atleast those 1,000,000 planets, a few planets can support life.

Even though this is hypothetical with reality contributing a great bunch, that's just my justification for the favorable existence of extra-terrestrials.

----------------------------

About abductions:

Fore-knowledge: I have no experience in dealings with alien abductions such as studying cases but I have done enough research.

Picture yourself out on an expedition into the great Amazon Rain Forest with a mission of documenting unknown species and alast, you find a previously unrecorded species before. ((However, consider yourself a respective scientist, ahead of his time noble and mentally advanced (like an E.T.))) What do you do with this species? You take it into captivity for a small bit, study it, perform tests and put it back.

There are a lot of mixed emotions from what I've read on the abduction issue. Some are "scary events", other may not be so. Consider the picture I painted for you before though. How would something like that seem to you, if YOU were the animal, what effect would that have on you, would you be mesmerized and approachable or become hostisle and afraid?

My conclusion:

E.T.s , however many there may be, that have the technology to allow them to find our planet are simply here to study us. Now, that's not to say some intentions are in line and orderly, every entity I believe has its own intentions for what they do. Some researchers may seek out to study an albino lion while others may seek to kill it for game.

I believe human beings are being abducted for various reasons and are at the generalized mercy of the entities studying them, but that's not to say we are being taken advantage of to the largest extent.. rather just studied. I believe they do watch us continously just to study us and those of us that plan to seek a higher consciousness and purpose.. develop a connection to them and thus seeking enlightenment, however way of form it may be.

If a rabbit seeked to better itself and I understood this, I would help it and teach it, but otherwise, I would leave it alone.

Is our society ready for the generalized acceptance of the presence of E.T.s? Not at all, not yet. I believe the government has a plan of "generalized exposure" to SOME extent to help us.. get more familiar - HOWEVER the media isn't helping paint pictures of aliens being sent out to destroy us completely and such.

But it's a generalized.. theory though of common sense when it comes to the idea of the human race "Going into a conscious shift" or whatever a lot of people have on a number of times stated as a "moving forward". It is when the human race is ready to move on. When may that be? Who knows. Whenever man is willing to learn, to seek higher bounds, to extend their borders to more than just the planet and the close realm of reality.

--------------------------------------------------------

With all of that as my thoughts and hypothesis.. I don't know how to regard how far they are allowed to interefere with the human race, as some E.T. have their own intentions, to what extent can they interact with us, that is my question - what is the check and balance? An overall council? I haven't see enough information on this to make any generalized hypothesis though. I know people have their theories on the issue but I can't find enough evidence to paint a good picture.

posted on Jan, 18 2006 @ 12:40 AM
link   
It is the presence of skeptics that made me decide to join this thread - skeptics keep a place real. They attempt to hold back the insane rantings of people with a shaky handle on reality.

Amen to that. If you come across my recent posts you will see that I share that view.

What (some) people seem to forget, is that encouraging the insane ranters doesnt help the cause of the genuine believers and people with real experiences.

We need to fight the loonies! VIVA LE RESISTANCE!!

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 06:41 AM
link   
We need to fight the loonies! VIVA LE RESISTANCE!!

You sound like another person on this thread. If you disagree that violently with someone's post you should just ignore them. If you are here to fight and discredit people then you have an agenda. Maybe the name of this thread should be "government agents unite". There is absolutely no doubt about it that nearly all the media in the U.S. are deeply involved in eavesdropping. Whether they work for the government or not is unclear. Projection is when you consciously or unconsciously accuse others of what you yourself are doing. There are many in the media, most call themselves patriots, who accuse others of trying to be a government within a government. This is projection on their part. They are deeply involved in eavesdropping and are trying to be the secret society that they accuse others of being. They are so hypocritical and have the nerve to even bring onto their radio shows people who claim to be fighting for our privacy rights. Yet when you hear one person call their show and say they think they are being spied upon or eavesdropped upon they ATTACK they person to no end. What is the reason for them becoming so defensive about this issue. How could they possibly know? Might I suggest that the reason that you are so defensive is that perhaps you are also trying to cover up something?

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 12:11 PM
link   
Here's a question regarding the variety of potential planets and lifeforms out there.

Is not the universe roughly 12-13 billion years old and the earth about 4.5 Billion? They guess maybe about then. Here we are in 2006 AD earth time and we are still running on fossil fuels.

How do you think Aliens got the jump on us? Are we just not that smart that we're still just understanding how things work? Why are they so quiet? surely there would be mass communications reaching us by now if they are already visiting us. Wouldn't we pick up some morse type code from across the universe that some aliens sent out millenia ago as they too were researching forms of communication? If they have the jump on us by millions of years you would think those types of things would be criss crossing the galaxies in one form or another that are detectable as signals.

Just things to ponder.

- Corrected the Age of Universe estimate

[edit on 19-1-2006 by NumberMan]

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
That's just assuming that they came across morse code as a form of communication.

About the criss-crossing of signals and such, how far can the waves reach into space and how strong can the signals be as they cross out of a solar system and cross the vastness of space I'd like to know.

posted on Jan, 19 2006 @ 01:46 PM
link   
From what I understand the signal will never die it will keep on trucking at the speed of light. It can however be polluted with interference along the way (Radio anyhow)

A message sent in say the form of light waves or gamma (just guessing on the types they might use) would have more effect of not being dilluted is my best guess. Seems like a worthwile topic to pursue as its relevant to the question of where they are.

posted on Jan, 20 2006 @ 02:59 PM
link   

Does this make a believer out of me? Not 100% - but it does make one wonder how in the world this woman, who has always been an upstanding respectable honest individual, could draw up a star map that wouldn't be discovered for years....

Something many debunkers fail to point out, is that not only does the configuration fit, but the connected stars have one other thing in common, which was stated by Betty, before this was known to astronomers... Those stars are yellow, just like our sun.... Simply incredible really....

posted on Jan, 21 2006 @ 06:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Something many debunkers fail to point out, is that not only does the configuration fit, but the connected stars have one other thing in common, which was stated by Betty, before this was known to astronomers... Those stars are yellow, just like our sun.... Simply incredible really....

Very incredible - I couldn't believe it when I read that part of Betty's story.

Hey Gazrok - I'd like your opinion on something related to Betty Hill (seeing as you're a subject matter expert...

Betty and her husband experienced the UFO siting and abduction at Indian Head in the White Mountains. This is right in my back yard, I live in southern maine and this is a short drive away. On my NH maps, I've located the exact road they were on and also a pretty precise estimate where they were the moment they stopped the car.

My question is this - the incident happened to them on Sept 19, at 10:15pm or so. Do you think that whatever phenomenon occurred to them might be something that repeats itself? I know this sounds silly, but do you think if a person, every September 19th at 10:15 went to this exact spot, they might notice something - even maybe some environmental activity of some sort, that might reflect on what the Hill's experienced that night.... Some strange lights in the sky...or electromagnetic activity of some sort...?

Just something to theorize about...

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Want to be abducted?
And if you did - would you know?
that'd be interesting. I wonder how many of us.. might of been abducted however unlikely it is.. yet we'll never know.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   

But it doesn't really prove anything. Anymore than Billy Meier predicting something will happen and when it happens to some extent people claiming that that is proof as some on the forum do. It goes against wisdom for aliens to go around telling people where they are from or how you can find them just in case you are a bigot and want to come after them or have come to the conclusion that they are abducting people and need to be dealt with. It's just not logical. We haven't outsmarted the aliens. They surely know about our ability to extract info through hypnosis and it is probably planted information. The problem with the CIA agents is that they are smarter than a lot of us and think they can outfool us. They've carried over that same assumption when trying to deal with aliens.

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by grasshopper
It goes against wisdom for aliens to go around telling people where they are from or how you can find them just in case you are a bigot and want to come after them or have come to the conclusion that they are abducting people and need to be dealt with. It's just not logical.

IMO - I picture the aliens as studying us...like we are a species of animal. If you were studying ants, and actually had a way to communicate with the ants...and you picked up a single ant to study and that ant asked you "where are you from?" Out of pure amusement - maybe you would tell that ant. Would you really care either way? Heck - tell the ant - are you really worried about that ant going back to the entire colony and convincing the colony to invade your house?

I believe that if they are real, and if they are studying us, then they view us as far inferior to them. Whatever treaty they have with our government is solely for the purpose of keeping our government out of the way.

The only question I haven't really built any kind of opinion about yet is why on earth they would care enough about an inferior species to study us... Or maybe they don't care - maybe we are just a small part of their scientific studies. Maybe they have "Earth Humanoid Studies 101" in their schools...?

-rdube02

posted on Jan, 22 2006 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by rdube02[/

IMO - I picture the aliens as studying us...like we are a species of animal. If you were studying ants, and actually had a way to communicate with the ants...and you picked up a single ant to study and that ant asked you "where are you from?" Out of pure amusement - maybe you would tell that ant. Would you really care either way? Heck - tell the ant - are you really worried about that ant going back to the entire colony and convincing the colony to invade your house?

I believe that if they are real, and if they are studying us, then they view us as far inferior to them. Whatever treaty they have with our government is solely for the purpose of keeping our government out of the way.

The only question I haven't really built any kind of opinion about yet is why on earth they would care enough about an inferior species to study us... Or maybe they don't care - maybe we are just a small part of their scientific studies. Maybe they have "Earth Humanoid Studies 101" in their schools...?

-rdube02

grasshopper replies:
Everybody is entitled to their opinion and to their wishful thinking. What if it were the other way around? What if it was the ants studying us and not us studying the ants? There is not treaty with the ants. It is wishful thinking on the part of some. It is like a trial balloon being floated out there. But the fact is that the ants don't need to make a treaty with us to get the government out of the way. The technology of the ant is rumored to be the best there is. It is said that " no one can outmanuver their ships, not even your people. " There are two types of ants. There are red ants and there are black ants. Some of the ants are here because they are trying to help the black people and other ants are here because they are trying to help the red people.

[edit on 22-1-2006 by grasshopper]

top topics

<< 1   >>

join