It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mich. Man Jailed After Handshake Sickens 3

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Mich. Man Jailed After Handshake Sickens 3

A man has been jailed on assault charges after a prosecutor, police officer and courtroom bailiff became seriously ill after shaking hands with him.

During a Dec. 21 court appearance on a traffic charge, John Ridgeway pulled out a vial of an unknown liquid, rubbed his hands with the contents and insisted on shaking hands with the three people, authorities said.

All of them got sick within an hour, suffering from nausea, headaches, numbness and tingling that lasted about a day. Two sought treatment at a hospital.

This story strikes me as VERY odd.... What substance could do that? How did the man escape becoming ill himself?

Can you imagine if more people knew how to do that?

From now on, I'm keepin' my hands to myself....

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:59 AM
link   
I would sure like to know what that substance was. Nice way to get back at people.

[edit on 1-13-2006 by groingrinder]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:59 AM
link   
This guy must have the vaccine to that illness. Anyway that's a pretty good way to conduct an assasination.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
Nice way to get back at people.

I assume you realize that would happen to be a crime.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:50 PM
link   
The three officials all fell in love after shaking his hand, because the guy was too awesome. I don't know, just making this up.

I googled for databases of possible symptoms for different kind of infectious bacteria, and found no result. That must certainly exists otherwise how would the hospital know how to treat them?

We'll have to wait for follow-up on tests run on the substance by the FBI.

All of this over a traffic ticket. The guy might be right, maybe it really was olive oil, and the cops faked sickness to make him pay for taking the ticket to a jury trial?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I covered this yesterday,

www.belowtopsecret.com...

Very likely the substance was a pesticide

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by ufia
All of this over a traffic ticket. The guy might be right, maybe it really was olive oil, and the cops faked sickness to make him pay for taking the ticket to a jury trial?

Very interesting take...

It sort of was the basis of my interest in this story...

I mean, how easy is it find such a substance that would do that? ...and not affect the perpetrator?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 04:20 PM
link   
I have some questions on the veracity of the story. Not the author but the cop, the prosecuter and the baliff's stories. If as they contend, this guy smeared a toxic substance on his hands that after shaking the guy's hand they fell ill, why is this guy not also sick or even dead?
If he applied a substance to his skin that was toxic enough to harm three other people just by shaking their hands, the guy would have taken a lethal or near lethal dose himself unless he had previously applied somekind of protection ala 007 or a ninja.
From reading this story, I would have to side with the defendant stance. What the prosecuters et. al are claiming is just a bit out there.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by kenshiro2012
If as they contend, this guy smeared a toxic substance on his hands that after shaking the guy's hand they fell ill, why is this guy not also sick or even dead?
If he applied a substance to his skin that was toxic enough to harm three other people just by shaking their hands, the guy would have taken a lethal or near lethal dose himself unless he had previously applied somekind of protection ala 007 or a ninja.

Actually, what you suggest isn't that far fetched.

A simple application of liquid bandage before entering the court could protect him.

It's invisible, quite flexible, and most toxins won't get through it.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:39 AM
link   
The thing is, if he had used a liquid bandage. the cops, investigators etc would have / should have been able to spot it fairly quickly.
Liquid bandages leaves the skin looking off-color and dry looking. when the liquid bandage gets wet, the edges tend to peel.
Also considering that this occured back On Dec. 21. why have they not been able to identify the substance that made these people sick? The test results for such poisons normally only take a few hours not weeks / months. If it did, there would be alot more people dying in the ER from unknown poisons because the docors would not be able to quickly diagnois, treat such poisonings.
Just my 2 cents

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I think at this point there is no need to draw conclusions. keeping in mind all of the people who got sick work in he same courtroom, and could have contracted this illnes from anyone. They probably had it the whole time, and manifested the syptoms on that day.

At this point I could equate this to a witch trial. They could just be blaming him because they can't think of anything else. My question is what happens if this man was jailed for carrying olive oil and being friendly? Jail is not a fun place to be, and to go there for no reason is even worse. I think they arrested this guy too soon. They don't even know what the substance was yet.

posted on Jan, 14 2006 @ 09:46 AM
link   
All kinds of biotoxins could do this - and many of them are common in our food at low levels. Low level exposure causes chronic disease; high level exposure causes acute illness. Antidotes exist.

Maybe the guy was making a point?

...And of course, it's also fairly well known that designer-microbes can target an individual's DNA without hurting anyone else. ...Also, many other bioweapons can work in this way - and also have antidotes and vaccines to protect the perpetrators.

Purposeful or not - this guy made a powerful point. To bad it looks like it's getting damage-controlled and buried...

posted on Mar, 13 2007 @ 12:54 AM
link   
People just need to wash their hands before they pick their nose and eat and they will be fine.

Hygiene will save you allot of trouble. Germs and not taking care of yourself is way more dangerous then even the mafia.. it's those little critters that are really most likely going get you if you don't watch yourself...

Food additives can help lower our awareness and I imagine their is all kinds of biological warfare and ,methods of poisoning people on a mass scale though like fluoride (messes up our Third Eye - Pineal Gland gland), the aspartame the Donald rrumsfeild is responsible for approving, and food companies owned by the tobacco company like Kraft can pay of the FDA to put all kinds of toxins in..

top topics

join