It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fluoridation - discuss

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:25 AM
link   
As someone who comes from a country that doesn't routinely fluoridate, and who now lives in a country that does, I was wondering if anyone had opinions on fluoridation.

It's surprising that there doesn't appear to have been much of a 'precautionary principle' used with it's introduction in the US, and whilst it reduces caries, with the use of topical fluorides in toothpaste, is the dental health benefit as great as it's proponent have claimed it was originally?

Here's the latest systemic review I can find:

www.york.ac.uk...

go to the executive summary for a quick read - I like the way they remark that it is 'surprising' that there is not better research on the topic. It's not an anti-fluoridation document at all, but it's not as 'pro' as I would have suspected.

And here's a link from a NZ dentist who 'went over to the dark side'

www.fluoride-journal.com...

The UK government has been itching to fluoridate for a while, but public opinion (or at least anti-fluoridation groups) seems to have stopped them from doing so at a national level - am pretty sure only the West Midlands and Newcastle are fluoridated.

It would be interesting to see if they do a 'pilot' study in a newly fluoridated area and see what the effects on caries, hip fracture and osteosarcoma is - might put this issue to bed for once and all.

TD

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by TaupeDragon
As someone who comes from a country that doesn't routinely fluoridate, and who now lives in a country that does, I was wondering if anyone had opinions on fluoridation.

I thought west european coutries, including UK just fluoridate milk instead of water.So it's the same IMO.

mod edit: shortened quote

[edit on 13-1-2006 by sanctum]

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 10:14 AM
link   
Nope - no fluoridation of milk. Ireland Fluoridates water (recently). Don't ask me about the rest of Europe, I tried to avoid going East of Dover!

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:57 PM
link   
TaupeDragon:

Here is a thread you may be interested in...

FLUORIDATION: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
TaupeDragon:

Here is a thread you may be interested in...

FLUORIDATION: A conspiracy so old, we think it's normal

Let's confine this Communist plot to that thread...

Closed.

top topics

join