It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Starbucks "Bomb" Was Merely a Flashlight With Corroded Batteries

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 08:52 AM
link   
The supposed "bomb" found in a California Starbucks coffee shop was just an old flashlight with corroded batteries, according to new information released:

San Jose Mercury News

SAN FRANCISCO - A flashlight casing left in a Starbucks coffee shop that authorities suspected was a bomb contained no explosives, police said Thursday.

San Francisco Police said in a statement that a forensic analysis "revealed the absence of any explosive material."

Police initially said the device was powerful enough to seriously injure or kill someone if it had exploded. Police evacuated roughly 100 people from the Starbucks and apartments above the store on Monday and shut down traffic on the street.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The source here doesn't say that exactly, but that's what they said on FOX News television...laughable really.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 09:04 AM
link   
i bet that again theres no duct tape left on the shelfs in the USA

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Just noticed this was also posted in Education & Media beforehand here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Feel free to delete if deemed a duplicate mods...

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:19 PM
link   
A flashlight doesnt look like a flashlight anymore. Boy, the brainwashing is surely working.

Make mine a large with tons of cream and one sweet and low.

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:23 PM
link   
didn't they arrest a man for this?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Crakeur
didn't they arrest a man for this?

I don't think they can arrest a guy for a flashlight, that would be screwed up, but if you mean before they found out, well that makes sense.

But still, how could they mistake a flashlight for a serious bomb that could kill?

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:36 PM
link   
seems they can arrest a man for it

Police arrest man suspected of putting bomb in Starbucks restroom
Ronald Schouten, 44, appears to have acted alone, and doesn't have connections to any terrorist group or anti-Starbucks groups. The homemade bomb he allegedly put in a San Francisco Starbucks restroom was powerful enough to dismember or kill someone had it gone off, say police. Schouten had aroused the suspicion of employees, one of whom checked the bathroom as soon as he left and found what turned out to be a quarter-stick of dynamite next to the toilet. (San Francisco Chronicle)

posted on Jan, 13 2006 @ 01:43 PM
link   
I do not think this is a case of the media jumping the gun for one (Go figure).
Here we have a case were the "explosive experts" on the scene at the time positively identify the "flashlight" as a bomb. Now that the story is making the news circuits, the "bomb" was never a bomb but only a flachlight>
This storyline smells to high heaven and reminds me very much as the events in 1947 Roswell.
I think that there needs to be some more outside the box investigation into this, the "blasting caps" incident an Huntting Grove, as well as the grenade being discovered lodged in the highway in DFW. All this happening in one day is pretty suspicious to me.

new topics

top topics

join